Why Android Will Always Be Laggier Than iOS

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had all the iPhone (besides the 5) and yes the iPhone's do have lag! Since I downloaded nova launcher I have noticed almost no lag on my s4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the One lag? Same chipset for the Qualcomm version. I am wondering if the 1080 display is the issue and the gpu is having issues with it. Either that, or there could be some funny excessive polling going on even when the sensors are turned off via software. I remember somebody posting that the sensors are selling drawing power when off.

Maybe the software is only turning the data and system output from the sensors, but to the chipset, they are on as far as resources are concerned.

Maybe the sensors gates can not be turned off from a chipset standpoint and only the output is.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Both OS's lag. The problem for both is the user more than the OS itself, so like everything else you can point a finger all you want but there's gonna be 3 pointing back. ;)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus lags like crazy on stock (verizon version) but with Paranoid Android, CM 10.1 and Project Elite, it is smoother than a short bus on a cloud. The Nexus 7 (stock, unlocked, rooted) I have does experience lag for about the first 2 minutes after a restart and the first 5 seconds after an unlock, after that it's good. It's like it's sleeping and feeling a little groggy, but quickly puts on it's R2D2 game face and gets to work. We're not getting the hyper-drive to work with a tired, cranky bubble bot, ALL HANDS ON DECK!

- - - Updated - - -

Both OS's lag. The problem for both is the user more than the OS itself, so like everything else you can point a finger all you want but there's gonna be 3 pointing back. ;)

What if you point... THREE fingers? ;)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus lags like crazy on stock (verizon version) but with Paranoid Android, CM 10.1 and Project Elite, it is smoother than a short bus on a cloud. The Nexus 7 (stock, unlocked, rooted) I have does experience lag for about the first 2 minutes after a restart and the first 5 seconds after an unlock, after that it's good. It's like it's sleeping and feeling a little groggy, but quickly puts on it's R2D2 game face and gets to work. We're not getting the hyper-drive to work with a tired, cranky bubble bot, ALL HANDS ON DECK!

- - - Updated - - -

What if you point... THREE fingers? ;)

You still got that pinkey pointing back at you ;)

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Does the One lag? Same chipset for the Qualcomm version. I am wondering if the 1080 display is the issue and the gpu is having issues with it. Either that, or there could be some funny excessive polling going on even when the sensors are turned off via software. I remember somebody posting that the sensors are selling drawing power when off.

Maybe the software is only turning the data and system output from the sensors, but to the chipset, they are on as far as resources are concerned.

Maybe the sensors gates can not be turned off from a chipset standpoint and only the output is.

I had the one and there was no lag. I got rid of it only because I prefer the s4 LCD. Plus the ones metal body screws with your signal.

MikeA86

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I can make the iPhone or S4 lag. It's all in how fast you use it. Then again, I've never took the reins off my processor (always in power save mode). The S4 is as smooth as iPhone or the One (IMO). Never tried a nexus. This is my first android and it's fantastic. TouchWiz isn't terrible either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the one and there was no lag. I got rid of it only because I prefer the s4 LCD. Plus the ones metal body screws with your signal.

If by s4 you mean the Galaxy S4 then I'm a little confused.
Doesn't the GS4 have a Super Amoled display?

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The N7 lags too, though more an issue of the Tegra 3s single channel memory. An example is when updating apps. All Android devices lag then. iOS as well, but not as bad.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Why on earth would iOS lag when it open to the app drawer 100% of the time and had no widgets running? My S4 is just as fast and maybe faster in app drawer mode lol! You folks crack me up sometimes...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Really? My Nexus 7 is WAY smooth...it was the main reason I decided to buy a Nexus 4 in the first place. No hint of lag at all that I can see on the 7.

I have to differ on that. MY nexus 7 which is 100% stock does have lag that I have never seen on my Nexus 4. Not nearly as smooth scrolling as it could be or my ipad 4 that is for sure.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, though my iPad 4 is far smoother and better with battery life, iOS is apps with an OS and Android is an OS with apps. Seems a relative comparison.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Count me in as someone who will put up with a little extra lag for a lot more functionality. However since I don't use carrier-ware or OEM-skinned androids I guess this isn't an issue on the scale of what Apple tries to brag about for me.

Thanks

malwayne66

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
How multitasking really works on Android and iOS | ExtremeTech

True, although Androids' can be more functional. The only "true" mobile multitasking is Samsungs' Multi-window or various OEM or 3rd party hovering apps.

Tom

This is true. I have always defended the way BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 multitask as the only true multitasking that is built into a mobile OS. Besides this, Multi window may be the only exceptions. With all this talk of multitasking and power, there has never been a try multitasking mobile OS until recently.

Posted via Android Central App

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
This thread is funny. To listen to some people you would think there is never lag on iOS devices. Ever. Conversely Android does nothing but lag. Neither statement or impression is true. All devices lag at some point. Even a computer does.

Agree 100%.

I have seen an iPhone 4 freeze when a co worker showed us a clip of his kids school play. Many ppl say the iPhone never freezes tho....go figure... I have an older Android phone with a custom UI...Maxx HD.....and I still dont see all this lag ppl complain about. Could be custom UI's, could be apps running in the background, could be anything... All I know is like alot of things concerning these mobile phones....its never as bad as some ppl make it.

One thing I see ppl gloss over on is the launcher on Android....thats a separate app on Android. I never stuck with the stock launcher....maybe except on my G Nex when I had it. I use Nova and its better than the stock launcher on my Maxx HD. Lock screen....I rarely use the stock one. I use Widget Launcher. I changed those things not because of lag....but because I wanted to customize my phone. Less lag using them is just a by product. (Although I feel Widget Locker is a lil slower, not as smooth as the stock lock screen)

When you see lag in the setting areas of phones....then you can say the phone as a whole is laggy. I wouldnt even say a stock camera app or gallery app lagging = Android is laggy. Motorola JUST got that handled better with the RAZR line. HTC and Samsung for years had smoother camera and gallery apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7