Why Android Will Always Be Laggier Than iOS

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it as well but just coming from an iPhone 5 it definitely seemed smoother even after I jailbroke it and added a bunch of crap to it. It wasn't faster just smoother it feels like the touch screen is different then android the way they make the phone. The one doesn't lag or stutter really just the way you move between the screens feels like it's made differently then the iPhone

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I think you nailed it. My wife's 4s is quite fluid. For most part so I'd this one. I think I would have to spend a full day with her phone to really know. My issue is I just don't like iOS now that I've grown accustomed to what I can do with Android.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
All the Operating Systems are different, and they supposed to act different. And that's why there are choices out there for all of us. Of course now that ios is copying from others it might feel familiar to some people.

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

tinamouI

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 4 has no lag plain and simple, non, It is smoother than the iPhone in my expereince. And I can't imagine the S4 being that terrible because I used the Samsung Galaxy S, before my Nexus 4 and it ran just fine, not the smmothest OS but even it wasn't as laggy as you describe your S4 to be, so you either have a faulty S4 or you are exaggerating. Because I've played around with a friends S4 and it was really smooth, not as smooth as the Nexus 4, but what is?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Apple's idea of multi-tasking is not real multi-tasking and iOS will always be behind Android in terms of useful features and customization. If you want a platform that stays stagnant for 7 years get an iPhone, if you want something that constantly innovates and pushes ahead get an Android phone. I have owned countless iOS and Android devices so I can speak from real experience and unlike iFan sites can actually have an opinion that is not colored by those rose colored glasses they view apple with.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that I have a Galaxy S4 I can really say for sure that I don't see any lag!

Maybe the carrier's bloat, or a faulty device?

Mine is with Sprint and most of their bloatware is disable. However, most of the Samsung's features are on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
What lag are you guys talking about on the Galaxy S4? I just got mine 2 days ago and its super fast. Fastest phone i've ever had...

It does its little stutter when you have a bunch of apps open just like any other android phone. My Droid Razr Maxx was slower and it had those little stutters too... Every android I've seen has those little bits of lags in certain places...

But The galaxy S4 is still the fastest phone for me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
its super fast. Fastest phone i've ever had...

It does its little stutter

That's pretty much all their saying. That, and when compared to the N4 and HTC One, which have little to not stuttering, lag , etc. TouchWiz feels more sluggish. Compared to the Nexus 7 2013 everything is crawling.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Early on it was reported to be laggy, mostly its TW UI/UX and there are ways to tweak that in the developer settings. But in general its a super fast phone and I think to some degree it just a placebo affect.

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Theres one word for this. "Optimization" while Apple builds an operating system for set hardware, Google creates an operating system for a multitude of different hardware configurations. This is why Apples phones aren't as powerful but will run everything under the sun.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If you compare the iphone5 to S4 perhaps the iphone is faster because the S4 is full of bloats,though I dare you can say the same with the One even with Sense 5 (which has some bloat).
I trid the iphone5 of my sister and I can easily say it lags slightly more than the One

alensaqe

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
See iOS was less graphicaly intense allways. That was up until iOS 7, that i am using right now. The more graphicaly intense interface of the OS made the experience so much more laggy and glitchy.

So Android has moved past this and Apple is moving to trouble with te new OS.

Rixxardo

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I hate Apple.
I hate iphone.
** BUT **
Iphone is smooth
** AND **
My Samsung Galaxy S2 is laggy.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is laggy (tested for about ten minutes in a shop, no other apps installed apart from stock)

The only phone that seems not to be affected by this problem is my son's HTC One...
How is that? Can't Google fix this?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I hate Apple.
I hate iphone.
** BUT **
Iphone is smooth
** AND **
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is laggy (tested for about ten minutes in a shop, no other apps installed apart from stock)

The only phone that seems not to be affected by this problem is my son's HTC One...

I don't remember the start of the thread but did you think the Nexus 5 is laggy? That's not my experience at all...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Rixxardo

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember the start of the thread but did you think the Nexus 5 is laggy? That's not my experience at all...

That's why my son wants to switch to a Nexus 5!

Some questions:
1) Your previous phones
2) Were your previous phones laggy?
3) How many apps (non stock) are installed on your Nexus 5?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That's why my son wants to switch to a Nexus 5!

Some questions:
1) Your previous phones
2) Were your previous phones laggy?
3) How many apps (non stock) are installed on your Nexus 5?

My first android was a very inexpensive phone, yes lag and freezes, but I loved it enough to buy another better phone and then my Nexus 5! :D I have about 13 non-stock apps installed on my n5 so far. :thumbup::beer::p

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate Apple.
I hate iphone.
** BUT **
Iphone is smooth
** AND **

The Nexus 5 us less laggy than the One.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel