Any apps to start me off? I never used a Android phone before, so I was wondering what starter apps should I download first or anything particular I need to do?
    05-22-2013 11:37 AM
    Any apps to start me off? I never used a Android phone before, so I was wondering what starter apps should I download first or anything particular I need to do?
    Congrats!

My quick recommendations cause I have to go to work..

1. SwiftKey
    2. AVG AntiVirus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-2013 11:42 AM
    +1 on Swiftkey
    05-22-2013 11:56 AM
    Welcome!
    Swiftkey, for sure. If you want a free keyboard, then I'd suggest Android 2.3 keyboard from the marketplace.

I've never found a use for antivirus on android...
    I would suggest deleting some of the apps that Samsung throws in there. Some of them are small widgets, like BaconReader.

A cool app: Night clock - works really well with Amoled screens cause it really looks like an alarm clock.
    Sadly that's all I have to offer. A lot of the apps I downloaded to make my Evo3D work well are already functional on Samsung.
    05-22-2013 11:57 AM
    Some of my must-have apps are:
    Ringer-Volume (this app lets me set my phone to automatically turn off the ringer at night, and make it quieter when I am at the office.)
    Switfkey (well worth paying for it!)
    Zedge (Free wallpaper and ringtones)

Some more that I use on a regular basis:
    Spotify
    Bank of America - or whatever your bank is (deposit checks by taking a photo)
    CVS - or whatever your pharmacy is (refill prescriptions by scanning the bar code)
    Pinterest (if that is your thing)
    Spotify
    Amazon (the shopping app)
    Amazon price check (this is a bar code scanning app)
    05-22-2013 12:13 PM
    Congratulations, Charlene. I hope it works well for you. Your question is hard to answer because I think most apps are specific to each person. I always tell people to download apps that they'll actually use and not worry about what everyone else has. So if you've previously owned a smartphone and have apps that worked for you, download the same ones or equivalents and enjoy. Just my .02.

Having said that, I am a huge fan of SwiftKey! ;-)
    05-22-2013 12:46 PM