Is there anyway to have my google play account without having the google account? I dont want to use google calendar or google contacts from my gmail. I am a exchange account user. It is especially bothersome in the contacts area. The calendar I can turn off but i cant seem to find a way to turn off google contacts unless I delete the account which in turn deletes the google play
    05-22-2013 09:05 PM
    Is there anyway to have my google play account without having the google account? I dont want to use google calendar or google contacts from my gmail. I am a exchange account user. It is especially bothersome in the contacts area. The calendar I can turn off but i cant seem to find a way to turn off google contacts unless I delete the account which in turn deletes the google play
    In a word, no; but you can have a Google account that is only used for the store. You can also import your contacts from Exchange, etc. if you don't want to manually enter them, but in the end it's a Google device. Another option is to sideload another store, such as the Amazon store and you can download apps from that, etc, but using the Play Store requires a Google sign in.
    05-22-2013 09:40 PM