05-29-2013 02:42 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    Nope one of the guys actually had a gs4 himself and kept comparing his camera with mine and kept saying one was better than the other. They finally gave me a new gs4 and this one hasn't had any issues so far. Don't know why they kept making it complicated but I'll never go back to that store again. I've got my last 3 phones from them too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    lol @ placebo paranoia
    05-23-2013 12:57 AM
    Watched Independence Day for the 47th time last night and was loving the alien ship and alien tech parts of the ship. I loved going to Goddard Space flight center and having a hands on with a Gemini capsule that you could actually sit in and flip analog switches.

Yes, I have a problem. I admit it.

But its fun! Lol

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    I thought I was the only one that watched that when it comes on.
    I watch anything extraterrestrial related

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-23-2013 08:42 AM
    Smart thing for Samsung to do and Best Buy certainly needs the money. it's also a good way to look at some working devices instead of dummy's and without Best Buy employees bugging you. It does make it very clear how pathetic Samsung's tablet selection is right now though. Nothing comparable to the iPad 4 or even older iPads. Their laptops are pretty lame too unless you major concern is cost.

I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

via Gnex
    They don't have the revenue to pay up with Samsung taking 95% of Android profits.

The makers of other devices should pay up like Samsung if they want that level of marketing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Best Buy sells a whole lot of iPhones and Macs and I'm sure the store you were in had a Mac section too. Best Buy needs Apple far worse than Apple needs Best Buy. Of course Samsung had to copy the Apple store making even the tables look the same just as Microsoft did with their stores. Pretty pathetic.
    My guess is Best Buy will cease to exist in the next few years.

That's why I was surprised at the lack of prominent Apple branding. One small display for the iPhone 5 at the end of the aisle, about 2 x 4 foot. ::Shrug:: I guess Apple wants to keep their billions parked off shore.

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 09:03 AM
    oh snap, someone said "oh snap!" lol
    Sorry, we're young! Haha
    Oh SNAP! I'm in Baltimore!
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    05-23-2013 09:31 AM
    Smart thing for Samsung to do and Best Buy certainly needs the money. it's also a good way to look at some working devices instead of dummy's and without Best Buy employees bugging you. It does make it very clear how pathetic Samsung's tablet selection is right now though. Nothing comparable to the iPad 4 or even older iPads. Their laptops are pretty lame too unless you major concern is cost.
    It's not a completely new thing at Best Buy. Their Apple section is usually handled by representatives from Apple. When Windows 8 launched, there were Microsoft representatives there. And representatives from ISPs are usually there on the weekends trying to sign you up for service.

They don't have the revenue to pay up with Samsung taking 95% of Android profits.
    Exactly my point. You're not going to see any other Android OEM have the same size space in Best Buy that Samsung does.

Best Buy sells a whole lot of iPhones and Macs and I'm sure the store you were in had a Mac section too. Best Buy needs Apple far worse than Apple needs Best Buy. Of course Samsung had to copy the Apple store making even the tables look the same just as Microsoft did with their stores. Pretty pathetic.
    My guess is Best Buy will cease to exist in the next few years.
    Uh. The Samsung Experience shops within Best Buy don't really have the same tables as Apple stores.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 10:39 AM
    But do they have any Verizon Galaxy S4's in 32GB?
    05-23-2013 10:45 AM
    I'm telling you, IN MY LOCAL STORE, there was no large Apple presence. I'm not blind, if it were there, I would have seen it.

via Gnex
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:01 PM
    Been like that for a while now LOL. But they still have the small section for iPads and Macs separated from the PCs as usually.... at least in my store. But this isn't really new.... maybe new to your area. They've had a Samsung section in my store for nearly 3 months already. It's called the "Samsung Experience".

Samsung Experience Shop - Best Buy
    Ry likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:04 PM
    Much larger than 2x4 at most Best Buy's - usually 4 tables with Macs and iPads while the iPhone gets space at Best Buy Mobile.

Plus Apple has their own dedicated stores. Their spaces at Best Buy and Target are just supplemental.

And before you call out Apple for their tax avoidance, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2292077.html

I'm telling you, IN MY LOCAL STORE, there was no large Apple presence. I'm not blind, if it were there, I would have seen it.

via Gnex
    Which is why I said "usually".

05-23-2013 12:16 PM
    Been like that for a while now LOL. But they still have the small section for iPads and Macs separated from the PCs as usually.... at least in my store. But this isn't really new.... maybe new to your area. They've had a Samsung section in my store for nearly 3 months already. It's called the "Samsung Experience".

Samsung Experience Shop - Best Buy
    I'm my neck of the woods it's new, that's the reason I started the posting. I'm in there every other week or so, this time it's been about a month and it is new and takes up a big foot print in the store. Next time I'll take a picture. It looked like a display from CES.

via Gnex
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:21 PM
    Good to know! I will stop buying from best.buy now!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-2013 12:28 PM
    I'm my neck of the woods it's new, that's the reason I started the posting. I'm in there every other week or so, this time it's been about a month and it is new and takes up a big foot print in the store. Next time I'll take a picture. It looked like a display from CES.

via Gnex
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ps-1400-stores

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-buy-samsung-experience

They started launching over month ago now.

msndrstood likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:32 PM
    Friend of mine is going to be a manager for the one of the experience stores. His store will open up in late June, early July up where I am at. This was the only way they could get a national retail presence quickly. On a service stand point I love this.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:59 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ps-1400-stores

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-buy-samsung-experience

They started launching over month ago now.

Well, that explains it perfectly since it's been about a month since my last visit. Thanks for the info.

via Gnex
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 01:05 PM
    Our local BB's set these giant stations up about a week (maybe 2) before the S4 launch. Pretty nice. Sadly, I don't need anything they offer seeing that their "accessories" are WAY overpriced in my opinion.
    05-23-2013 01:18 PM
    This was done at my best buy as well. I read about it before it started. The samsung galaxy's are behind the best buy Mobile dummy phones. I don't understand why have dummy phones at all? There's no way you can tell if that's the phone for u, it's like looking at a toy. Anyways it's nice to see samsung have their own section as apple does. Apple always stood out at best best, now you see two. I really wish there were samsung stores like apple stores, like someone said earlier, it's a pain having to deal with carrier customer support and waiting on phones to ship out or dealing with a ton of master resets and 4-5 calls to get it resolved. That's the one thing I miss about having an iPhone. Problem with the phone? No big deal, went into the apple store saw genius bar and my handset would be replaced without any stress. Apple has amazing customer service. Samsung needs to step up the plate! N soon!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-23-2013 01:28 PM
    I heard someone this morning (either on TV or radio) refer to an app as being available "on iPhone and Galaxy."
    Ry likes this.
    05-23-2013 01:42 PM
    I heard someone this morning (either on TV or radio) refer to an app as being available "on iPhone and Galaxy."
    Lol, Galaxy will become the next verb.

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 01:50 PM
    That's why I was surprised at the lack of prominent Apple branding. One small display for the iPhone 5 at the end of the aisle, about 2 x 4 foot. ::Shrug:: I guess Apple wants to keep their billions parked off shore.

via Gnex
    LOL. I think it's more that they think they don't need it. After all, they are the king of marketing.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    05-23-2013 01:50 PM
    Someone on the radio here said, "for your iPhone and Droid", and it was the local CBS news radio. SMH

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    05-23-2013 01:53 PM

via Gnex
    My Best Buy has had an Apple store within a store for a while now. At least a couple years.

I remember reading that Samsung would be doing this too at select stores.
    05-23-2013 02:03 PM
    As long as tax dodging is legal, it's irresponsible in a sense for companies to NOT do it. Doesn't help the tax revenue, but shareholders want as much profit as legally possible. I'm not sure there are any companies that are not minimizing their expenditures whenever they see an opportunity.
    With that said, it is also irresponsible for our country to punish success. I don't know about y'all, but I try to find every way possible to maximize my profits and pay as little to the IRS as possible. I agree with Rand Paul on this issue.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-23-2013 02:33 PM
    With that said, it is also irresponsible for our country to punish success. I don't know about y'all, but I try to find every way possible to maximize my profits and pay as little to the IRS as possible. I agree with Rand Paul on this issue.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Doesn't the right want everyone to pay their fair share?

Describe fair share. I really do want to know.

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 02:35 PM
    Doesn't the right want everyone to pay their fair share?

Describe fair share. I really do want to know.

via Gnex
    Fair share is what you're legally required to pay. Loops holes exist. It's up to those in charge to plug them.

05-23-2013 02:39 PM
    Could we move these to the tax thread please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    gnr_2 likes this.
    05-23-2013 02:41 PM
102 1234 ...