05-29-2013 02:42 PM
102 12345
tools
    Could we move these to the tax thread please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    There's a tax thread?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    gnr_2 likes this.
    05-23-2013 02:45 PM
    There's a tax thread?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/pol...st-system.html

So far it's focused on personal taxes, but there have been some discussions about corporate taxes. I was about to drop Rand's comments in it.
    05-23-2013 02:48 PM
    Omg, I go in there every couple of weeks for the electronics smell. And the touchy feely. It's about 25 miles from my house in town . I wander around for about an hour lusting over the TV's and phones. Sigh. There's nothing like the smell of Best Buy in the morning.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    I was in one locally before trying to take a look at a Fitbit Flex and they had a new 4k TV there which I saw eyes-on for the first time. SICK.
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    05-23-2013 02:48 PM
    Could we move these to the tax thread please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Lol, i was going to respond to previous poster, but thought better of it. Cooler heads prevail.

via Gnex
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 03:05 PM
    I was in one locally before trying to take a look at a Fitbit Flex and they had a new 4k TV there which I saw eyes-on for the first time. SICK.
    Argh, I didn't scope out the TV's this time, it's another weakness. I might have to make a trip just to check that 4K model out!

via Gnex
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 03:07 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/pol...st-system.html

So far it's focused on personal taxes, but there have been some discussions about corporate taxes. I was about to drop Rand's comments in it.
    Aaaah, I better skip that one, I've got some people on that thread blocked so it's kind of a moot point.

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 03:10 PM
    Smart thing for Samsung to do and Best Buy certainly needs the money. it's also a good way to look at some working devices instead of dummy's and without Best Buy employees bugging you. It does make it very clear how pathetic Samsung's tablet selection is right now though. Nothing comparable to the iPad 4 or even older iPads.
    I find the Note 10.1 far from "pathetic," frankly. You've tipped your hand there.
    05-23-2013 03:10 PM
    I find the Note 10.1 far from "pathetic," frankly. You've tipped your hand there.
    Insert Hyperbole: Well, I hate it! Give me Nexus 7 or give me death! Let us draw out our respective Pokemon or other battle-driven fictitious representatives and we shall FIGHT!
    05-23-2013 03:13 PM
    Insert Hyperbole: Well, I hate it! Give me Nexus 7 or give me death! Let us draw out our respective Pokemon or other battle-driven fictitious representatives and we shall FIGHT!
    Lol, and the wars begin. Just as predicted.

via Gnex
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 03:14 PM
    I just hope now I can walk into a store and buy a battery, charger, or a phone case. Seems like if its not an iPhone, no one has anything for it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Aquila, gnr_2 and msndrstood like this.
    05-23-2013 05:52 PM
    These are satalite stores run by Samsung in the best buy stores they seem to have all samsung products. Cases and other accessories are available

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    05-23-2013 05:57 PM
    Wasn't Samsung getting "mini-stores" inside Bestbuy etc posted in the news about a month ago?
    Aquila likes this.
    05-23-2013 06:35 PM
    Wasn't Samsung getting "mini-stores" inside Bestbuy etc posted in the news about a month ago?
    Yes. I don't go into the real world often. When I do, I noticed stuff that other people already know about.
    gnr_2 and msndrstood like this.
    05-23-2013 06:38 PM
    Our local BB's set these giant stations up about a week (maybe 2) before the S4 launch. Pretty nice. Sadly, I don't need anything they offer seeing that their "accessories" are WAY overpriced in my opinion.
    Accessories are usually overpriced.
    05-23-2013 06:55 PM
    yea there here in my store for the next 5 yrs have helped me when i have questions
    05-23-2013 06:59 PM
    This is what we get here in Thailand. They love Sammie's products over here. They give you free screen protector, 16 GB memory card, coffee mug, and Android blanket. It's a promotional event, but it seems like they have it every month of the year.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    I want a blanket!
    I'm actually just over the Mason Dixon line but, we fly a Maryland flag since we were both born there.
    Plus the MD flag is so cool.
    It does make it very clear how pathetic Samsung's tablet selection is right now though. Nothing comparable to the iPad 4 or even older iPads. Their laptops are pretty lame too unless you major concern is cost.
    I love my Samsung laptop. It's basically the size of a tablet or netbook, 10", with an Intel i5 processor and weighs about 0.5 lbs. Not too shabby.

It's interesting to see how the online shopping world is affecting brick and mortar stores. Problem is, I bet most people go to the stores to see things in person before buying them cheaper online. What happens to online shopping when you can't touch it first? With shipping so expensive and complicated, who's going to buy a large screen TV only to find out they hate something about and have to return it.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Aquila likes this.
    05-24-2013 12:40 AM
    The Best Buy stores around Seattle got them recently as well. They're nice, though each time I've been in the store there hasn't been a Samsung employee in sight. I thought it was funny. On a side note, I've seen Sony's new 65-inch 4K unit in person at Best Buy, Fry's and the Sony stores here in Seattle. Fantastic display, great speakers, and a substantially lower price ($6,999) than the $15k-20k that was expected back when no manufacturers had announced 4K units for production aimed at the (more or less) average consumer.
    05-24-2013 04:04 AM
    Omg, I go in there every couple of weeks for the electronics smell. And the touchy feely. It's about 25 miles from my house in town . I wander around for about an hour lusting over the TV's and phones. Sigh. There's nothing like the smell of Best Buy in the morning. What?! ...I'm msndrstood. via Gnex
    Similar to my feeling about Compusa when they were still around. I really miss that Compusa on a Saturday buzz. The thing about brick and mortar is that you often find neat stuff you didn't know you needed by browsing. Frequently you get new knowledge as well.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-24-2013 09:06 PM
    I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

They were very happy to demonstrate the features of all the devices and actually knew what they were doing/saying. They were not Samsung employees, they were Best Buy Geek Squad type with GS attire; white shirt, black tie, black pants.

I was impressed.

Anyone else see anything like this at Best Buy? I haven't been in mine for about a month. It wasn't like that then. There also wasn't a desktop computer in sight. It was taken over by non Samsung tablets and a few laptops. I did not see any Apple branding displayed prominently.

Very interesting development.

via Gnex
    Hmm the desktop computer will never die, customizabilty dictates this. I can't open up my phone or tablet and replace parts to keep it up to date can I.

It's good to see the geek squad doing the selling and not the standard employees, personally they know nothing about the products they sell. Instead of being blue shirt approved they should be white shirt approved.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 10:23 PM
    Took this when it first opened up here in Central Florida. Employees wear Samsung polos, but they don't seem to know much more than an average Best Buy employee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Attached Thumbnails Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products-uploadfromtaptalk1369452277877.jpg  
    Aquila likes this.
    05-24-2013 10:26 PM
    will never die
    everything dies
    05-24-2013 10:26 PM
    Took this when it first opened up here in Central Florida. Employees wear Samsung polos, but they don't seem to know much more than an average Best Buy employee.

Welcome to retail.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 10:51 PM
    Accessories are usually overpriced.
    Best Buy now has a very generous price match policy. I would learn how to abuse it properly. They got tired of being a showroom for Amazon and other companies.
    05-24-2013 11:51 PM
    I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

They were very happy to demonstrate the features of all the devices and actually knew what they were doing/saying. They were not Samsung employees, they were Best Buy Geek Squad type with GS attire; white shirt, black tie, black pants.

I was impressed.

Anyone else see anything like this at Best Buy? I haven't been in mine for about a month. It wasn't like that then. There also wasn't a desktop computer in sight. It was taken over by non Samsung tablets and a few laptops. I did not see any Apple branding displayed prominently.

Very interesting development.

via Gnex
    Sammy is here to kill Apple. If Taiwan wants to disrupt new york signs....then Taiwan htc corp can die as they are already doing. They need to focus on winning, not trolling as they always do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 12:01 AM

Very similar to the one here, but here they had a lot more display space and probably 15 different devices functioning and on display for the touchy feely experience. It was also lit by bright white halogen lights, it really popped!

via Gnex
    05-25-2013 08:15 AM
102 12345