Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
These are satalite stores run by Samsung in the best buy stores they seem to have all samsung products. Cases and other accessories are available

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Our local BB's set these giant stations up about a week (maybe 2) before the S4 launch. Pretty nice. Sadly, I don't need anything they offer seeing that their "accessories" are WAY overpriced in my opinion.

Accessories are usually overpriced.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
This is what we get here in Thailand. They love Sammie's products over here. They give you free screen protector, 16 GB memory card, coffee mug, and Android blanket. It's a promotional event, but it seems like they have it every month of the year.

Sent from my GT-I9500
I want a blanket!
I'm actually just over the Mason Dixon line but, we fly a Maryland flag since we were both born there.:D
Plus the MD flag is so cool.
It does make it very clear how pathetic Samsung's tablet selection is right now though. Nothing comparable to the iPad 4 or even older iPads. Their laptops are pretty lame too unless you major concern is cost.
I love my Samsung laptop. It's basically the size of a tablet or netbook, 10", with an Intel i5 processor and weighs about 0.5 lbs. Not too shabby.

It's interesting to see how the online shopping world is affecting brick and mortar stores. Problem is, I bet most people go to the stores to see things in person before buying them cheaper online. What happens to online shopping when you can't touch it first? With shipping so expensive and complicated, who's going to buy a large screen TV only to find out they hate something about and have to return it.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The Best Buy stores around Seattle got them recently as well. They're nice, though each time I've been in the store there hasn't been a Samsung employee in sight. I thought it was funny. On a side note, I've seen Sony's new 65-inch 4K unit in person at Best Buy, Fry's and the Sony stores here in Seattle. Fantastic display, great speakers, and a substantially lower price ($6,999) than the $15k-20k that was expected back when no manufacturers had announced 4K units for production aimed at the (more or less) average consumer.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Omg, I go in there every couple of weeks for the electronics smell. And the touchy feely. It's about 25 miles from my house in town . I wander around for about an hour lusting over the TV's and phones. Sigh. There's nothing like the smell of Best Buy in the morning. :) What?! ...I'm msndrstood. via Gnex
Similar to my feeling about Compusa when they were still around. I really miss that Compusa on a Saturday buzz. The thing about brick and mortar is that you often find neat stuff you didn't know you needed by browsing. Frequently you get new knowledge as well.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

They were very happy to demonstrate the features of all the devices and actually knew what they were doing/saying. They were not Samsung employees, they were Best Buy Geek Squad type with GS attire; white shirt, black tie, black pants.

I was impressed.

Anyone else see anything like this at Best Buy? I haven't been in mine for about a month. It wasn't like that then. There also wasn't a desktop computer in sight. It was taken over by non Samsung tablets and a few laptops. I did not see any Apple branding displayed prominently.

Very interesting development.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Hmm the desktop computer will never die, customizabilty dictates this. I can't open up my phone or tablet and replace parts to keep it up to date can I.

It's good to see the geek squad doing the selling and not the standard employees, personally they know nothing about the products they sell. Instead of being blue shirt approved they should be white shirt approved.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Took this when it first opened up here in Central Florida. Employees wear Samsung polos, but they don't seem to know much more than an average Best Buy employee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369452277877.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369452277877.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 21

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Took this when it first opened up here in Central Florida. Employees wear Samsung polos, but they don't seem to know much more than an average Best Buy employee.

Welcome to retail.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

They were very happy to demonstrate the features of all the devices and actually knew what they were doing/saying. They were not Samsung employees, they were Best Buy Geek Squad type with GS attire; white shirt, black tie, black pants.

I was impressed.

Anyone else see anything like this at Best Buy? I haven't been in mine for about a month. It wasn't like that then. There also wasn't a desktop computer in sight. It was taken over by non Samsung tablets and a few laptops. I did not see any Apple branding displayed prominently.

Very interesting development.

via Gnex

Sammy is here to kill Apple. If Taiwan wants to disrupt new york signs....then Taiwan htc corp can die as they are already doing. They need to focus on winning, not trolling as they always do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Very similar to the one here, but here they had a lot more display space and probably 15 different devices functioning and on display for the touchy feely experience. It was also lit by bright white halogen lights, it really popped!

via Gnex

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Very similar to the one here, but here they had a lot more display space and probably 15 different devices functioning and on display for the touchy feely experience. It was also lit by bright white halogen lights, it really popped!

via Gnex

It's a lot bigger than what my picture shows. I only took a shot of the Galaxy sign. Every Samsung display in every Best Buy looks pretty much identical from what the employees told me. So whatever you're seeing in yours, we have here.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting to me that Samsung would have mini-stores in Best Buys when Sony has their own actual stores, just like Apple. It would make more sense to me for Samsung to follow that model considering the large variety of electronics they manufacture. On the other hand, Microsoft did open stores when logic would dictate large displays or mini-stores at Best Buy since their only products, besides software, are a phone and a tablet.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting to me that Samsung would have mini-stores in Best Buys when Sony has their own actual stores, just like Apple. It would make more sense to me for Samsung to follow that model considering the large variety of electronics they manufacture. On the other hand, Microsoft did open stores when logic would dictate large displays or mini-stores at Best Buy since their only products, besides software, are a phone and a tablet.

They are doing the mini-stores because it was a faster way to get a near instant national presence. Going the other route means it locations needs to be found,negotiated,built up, license etc. It is much faster just to negotiate with Best Buy and used all their locations for this. At the same time it greatly reduces overhead costs. To give you an example, at one of the popular malls out in Southern California, the Victoria Gardens, a little kiosk costs about 3000 a month (Btw the kiosk Cart they want you to use will cost thousands also). This doesn't include them increasing the rent during the holiday season and other factors. Nor does it account for Utilities and other fees. Also Samsung only has to build the inside up a little bit. They aren't building a whole store.

This is a very smart decision on Samsung.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How many Sony Style stores are there in the US compared to Best Buy stores?

Oh and you're missing a huge Microsoft product. Xbox.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49