Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
How many Sony Style stores are there in the US compared to Best Buy stores?

Oh and you're missing a huge Microsoft product. Xbox.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
Yes, forgot about Xbox. That's pretty big. The Sony and Microsoft Stores are in malls like the Apple Stores used to be before they branched out to street locations. The Samsung mini-stores aren't in every Best Buy, are they?

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, forgot about Xbox. That's pretty big. The Sony and Microsoft Stores are in malls like the Apple Stores used to be before they branched out to street locations. The Samsung mini-stores aren't in every Best Buy, are they?

They should be in all stores by the end of the year. Around 1400 of them.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Both of my local Best Buys have Samsung Experience stores in them. Both also have mini Apple stores as well. The only thing I like about them is that it means that both of these Best Buys have better accessory selections than stores that don't have either the Apple or Samsung areas.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Been like that for a while now LOL. But they still have the small section for iPads and Macs separated from the PCs as usually.... at least in my store. But this isn't really new.... maybe new to your area. They've had a Samsung section in my store for nearly 3 months already. It's called the "Samsung Experience".

Samsung Experience Shop - Best Buy

Oops, apparently I missed this earlier post. :p

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Chromebooks seem to have their own endcaps at Best Buy. Don't really see too many people messing with them.

My best buy doesn't have anything cool in it; they have like 4 tablets, the TF300, Galaxy Tab 2.0, some Acer thing and some sort of iPad. I used to go shop there because I like taking stuff home with me instead of waiting on shipping, but no dice for the last couple of years on most cool toys I want.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Best Buy nearest me in Topsham Maine has a decent display of Galaxy products - if by "decent" you mean a bunch of non-functioning "fake phones" that are still strapped to the theft prevention devices, and a small display off in the corner with two Note IIs and a single S4, all attached to heavy anti-theft tethers that go off with an ear-piercing alarm if you breathe wrong at them and with a band strapped around the phone so you can't see or reach about ten percent of the screen. But they WERE working units.

Except the tether was too short to turn the phone around to take a picture. And neither had a SIM card on board. And the Verizon one refused to join the WiFi network. And did I mention that 10% of the screen was covered? That happened to be the top of the keyboard when it appeared. So as long as you don't plan on backspacing or typing anything with the following letters (QWERTYUIOP) you were fine. Did I mention W, as in www.?

After setting off the alarm twice in 5 minutes while having achieved nothing more fruitful than admiring the clear, beautiful screen under absolutely optimal viewing conditions, I gave up. I'll check an AT&T corporate store eventually. They aren't as convenient for me to get to as Best Buy, but maybe I can actually see a phone, and possibly convince someone to let me look at the screen out in the sunlight if the day happens to be sunny.

A piece of wood cut to the exact dimensions of the phone and weighted to the mass of the phone would have been far more useful for me to judge which phone worked for me, along with a daylight-simulating bulb in a light nearby so I could see outside full-sunlight performance.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
The Best Buy nearest me in Topsham Maine has a decent display of Galaxy products - if by "decent" you mean a bunch of non-functioning "fake phones" that are still strapped to the theft prevention devices, and a small display off in the corner with two Note IIs and a single S4, all attached to heavy anti-theft tethers that go off with an ear-piercing alarm if you breathe wrong at them and with a band strapped around the phone so you can't see or reach about ten percent of the screen. But they WERE working units.

Except the tether was too short to turn the phone around to take a picture. And neither had a SIM card on board. And the Verizon one refused to join the WiFi network. And did I mention that 10% of the screen was covered? That happened to be the top of the keyboard when it appeared. So as long as you don't plan on backspacing or typing anything with the following letters (QWERTYUIOP) you were fine. Did I mention W, as in www.?

After setting off the alarm twice in 5 minutes while having achieved nothing more fruitful than admiring the clear, beautiful screen under absolutely optimal viewing conditions, I gave up. I'll check an AT&T corporate store eventually. They aren't as convenient for me to get to as Best Buy, but maybe I can actually see a phone, and possibly convince someone to let me look at the screen out in the sunlight if the day happens to be sunny.

A piece of wood cut to the exact dimensions of the phone and weighted to the mass of the phone would have been far more useful for me to judge which phone worked for me, along with a daylight-simulating bulb in a light nearby so I could see outside full-sunlight performance.

You do realize that no matter what type of store you go to they will all be strapped to a security system of some sort. Even if you go to AT&T. I used to work there so I know, and no they won't get one out of the box for you as that destroys the experience for the buying customers.

Please for the love of whatever you believe in, tell me exactly how you would like to have a real working phone used for the masses on a daily basis setup? Because trust me, people try and steal those phone's each and every day. I see it all the time.

So without having to pay someone to exclusively sit there and be responsible for the phone to let your crying **** feel the phone, the security system is the only way to "secure" it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You do realize that no matter what type of store you go to they will all be strapped to a security system of some sort. Even if you go to AT&T. I used to work there so I know, and no they won't get one out of the box for you as that destroys the experience for the buying customers.

Please for the love of whatever you believe in, tell me exactly how you would like to have a real working phone used for the masses on a daily basis setup? Because trust me, people try and steal those phone's each and every day. I see it all the time.

So without having to pay someone to exclusively sit there and be responsible for the phone to let your crying **** feel the phone, the security system is the only way to "secure" it.

There exists tethers that don't require a zip tie across the screen. Samsung uses them. Apparently they didn't at this store. Impressions like his are the reason why some brands struggle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

What a polite and helpful response. Thanks.

I realize that trying to use the phone without a strap across the screen or being able to feel the size of a phone without a 6-ounce plastic tether glued to the nonfunctional dummy model might be asking too much before committing to two years with it, but your rudeness is a great help.

Add to how I'd like to see it work in real life, well, the $1000+ digital SLR ten feet away had a much smaller sensor with a looser anti-theft cable that actually came out of the tether base more than six inches, so you could actually hold it in the way you'd use it and take a few test photos with it.

Having a tether twice as thick as the phone with a wide strap across the front seemed like overkill, since you could neither see not use the phone in anything resembling how you'd use it in real life.

At the very least, the plastic nonfunctional dummy phones could do with a security tether that isn't twice the size of the ones protecting an actual SLR camera, I'd think. Maybe incorporating a steel cable tether in the bottom so you could hold the phone in a natural phone-holding-style grip?

But what does my crying arse know?

Last edited:

Valkaneer

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung thing at best buy is meh... I was talking to a Samsung Galaxy rep, and they guy did not even know how to turn off dual camera option. It was like that the whole time. I would ask him something about the phone and he would have no idea 70% of the time, even the Samsung Galaxy manager could not give me answers. They had no clue about there competition (HTC ONE) either. The managers and phone salesmen from best buy had more knowledge of the phone than the rep did. It was seriously irritating. So many questions I had to look up for myself. IF I was best buy I would kick the reps right out of the store and let there own ppl handle it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I saw the display at Best Buy and it looked very nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Hopefully this had already been said but you guys do realize that this is a samsung store inside best buy and not a huge Samsung section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I was standing by one last weekend and watched an older confused couple walk up to one look at a few devices and then ask the Samsung rep if they sold iPhones...

Face palm

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was standing by one last weekend and watched an older confused couple walk up to one look at a few devices and then ask the Samsung rep if they sold iPhones...

Face palm

What in the actual Hell...

Valkaneer

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully this had already been said but you guys do realize that this is a samsung store inside best buy and not a huge Samsung section

This is wrong, the Samsung ppl can not sell anything, you pay best buy not samsung. The Samsung rep told me he could not sell me the phone and I had to go to the phone dept to buy one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney