My first full charge was complete at 10:50pm tonight. It is now at 75% at 12:50. With 2 hours using 1/4 of the charge, that calcs to 8 hours on a charge...that's not very good!

Plus the Verizon guy tells me I have to run out the battery before I charge again. And when the battery runs low, the phone itself tells me I should not use the phone while charging. Last, the Samsung website tells me I should not charge it overnight. So I actually went on an errand tonight without my phone. I can't live like this! I had heard that the battery is good on this phone, but 8 hours on a charge is not good. Do I just need to charg it a few times to set it straight? What ABOUT charging overnight? Can you overcharge this phone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2013 11:53 PM
    My first full charge was complete at 10:50pm tonight. It is now at 75% at 12:50. With 2 hours using 1/4 of the charge, that calcs to 8 hours on a charge...that's not very good!

Plus the Verizon guy tells me I have to run out the battery before I charge again. And when the battery runs low, the phone itself tells me I should not use the phone while charging. Last, the Samsung website tells me I should not charge it overnight. So I actually went on an errand tonight without my phone. I can't live like this! I had heard that the battery is good on this phone, but 8 hours on a charge is not good. Do I just need to charg it a few times to set it straight? What ABOUT charging overnight? Can you overcharge this phone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    The battery does have a break in period. I would let it get kinda low like about 10% and give it a full charge. As for charging it overnight, I would actually talk with a Samsung rep over the phone to clarify. I had one tell me it was fine to charge my S3 overnight.
    gamebird likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:15 AM