There was a lady in Best Buy today looking for a screen protector and a case for her phone. I asked her what brand and model she had and she didn't know, her husband had picked it up the day before at a Sprint store.

So i asked to look at it since all the sales people were busy. In the back it had a Samsung logo and 12.5 MP above the camera lens on the back of the phone. In settings, under Device name it said N9500. That seemed odd to me, so I googled it and this is what I found...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU2804733

It looked like an S4 but the CS said they didn't have any cases for it at all.

I thought this was odd coming from a Sprint retail store.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    05-23-2013 12:15 AM
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say they lied to you because they were ashamed of their fake phone. LOL.
    05-23-2013 01:35 AM
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say they lied to you because they were ashamed of their fake phone. LOL.
    I don't think so, she was pretty confused about everything. She didn't know about the notification shade or how to get to settings. She definitely wasn't tech savvy. Her daughter was complaining about her father not knowing what he was doing. I don't think it was anything more than it was.

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 07:51 AM
    I've never heard of stores selling those phones, if I were you I'd be curious enough to go to the local sprint store.
    05-23-2013 03:09 PM
    I've never heard of stores selling those phones, if I were you I'd be curious enough to go to the local sprint store.
    I just might. It's 25 miles away, I'll have to wait for the next trip. Maybe her husband lied about where he got it. Who knows? It was definitely NOT an S4, there was a different battery door and no Samsung branding at all.

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 03:19 PM
    And I did look in the settings About Phone and it did say N9500...

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 03:38 PM
    I just might. It's 25 miles away, I'll have to wait for the next trip. Maybe her husband lied about where he got it. Who knows? It was definitely NOT an S4, there was a different battery door and no Samsung branding at all.

via Gnex
    Its possible. I mean, if you get down to the Sprint store and they don't have that phone in stock then what other reason would they have the phone?

If they do have that phone in stock, you have to take pictures.
    05-23-2013 03:53 PM
    Its possible. I mean, if you get down to the Sprint store and they don't have that phone in stock then what other reason would they have the phone?

If they do have that phone in stock, you have to take pictures.
    Oh, I'll take pictures for sure. I wonder if someone returned the phone for insurance etc and scammed the insurance company and it just worked is way through the refurbished pipeline. ::shrug::

via Gnex
    05-23-2013 04:17 PM