09-03-2013 07:28 AM
85 1234
tools
    Wow. Sorry Necroposting.
    08-21-2013 05:42 PM
    I recently traded my HTC One for a Galaxy S4 , I used the HTC One for 3 weeks and I was satisfied with it but I had 2 major issues with it the phone got too hot and the battery life ( was decent and took forever to charge) . After reading tons of reviews I decided to find someone to swap the S4 for my ONE. why? simply cause it has a larger battery, will probably have better rom support and updates I thought. Besides I'm used to Touchwiz as I have owned all the galaxy phones .

So I found someone to trade the phone and started setting it my S4 when i started noticing stutter and lag... I used android before so I immediately turned off animations , S voice off the Home button, gestures (odd that i have to turn off the gimmicks that this phone is sold for) and I still experience lag , slow downs and stuttering , also when browsing the internet that's when it gets worse, even on LTE 30 mbps + speeds the browsing experience is just bad, zooming in and out is jerky and even crashes , I also tried different browsers. What I'm upset is that all these so called credible reviewers don't mention this. The HTC ONE did not lagged once I think (least that i noticed) everything ran smooth ( with the same processor and lower speeds, so obviously software optimization is an issue here for the S4) . Several threads on XDA some fanboys claim that their S4s are not lagging (highly doubt it) , this phone is lagging hard and thus why many people are posting about it , I'm not a Samsung or HTC fanboy , I'm a fan of good phones and i usually try to get the best one out there.

At this point I'm wresting with myself at what to do . Keep the S4 and wait for Samsung to release software updates (smh at Samsung), devs to release better roms , wait for the Nexus S4 Rom to come out and see if it can be ported to the ATT version and hope it runs smooth or get the HTC One again and deal with it's limitations. I think performance > gimmicks.
    Same reason they lie on their benchmarks

They are on a furious dirty campaign to kill Apple, and all these tech review websites are all in on it. They'll give great reviews to the platform they want you to buy.

Fact is, iOS can be frustrating and hasn't changed much since 2007, but overall it is still the best user experience.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    08-21-2013 06:09 PM
    I stand corrected. I did not know iphone could run live wallpapers...
    An iPhone can do anything if you jailbreak it.
    08-25-2013 02:00 AM

They are on a furious dirty campaign to kill Apple, and all these tech review websites are all in on it. They'll give great reviews to the platform they want you to buy.

Fact is, iOS can be frustrating and hasn't changed much since 2007, but overall it is still the best user experience.
    Actually iOS has changed a lot since iOS4 when I started using it. It's now ios 6.1.3 and I can do many more things I wasn't able to back in ios 4. Has changed even more since 2007. I couldn't imagine using an iPhone 2G with the first iOS.

I think mobile OSes haven't changed in terms of looks too much. Android has the benefit of manufacturers putting all kinds of UI on top of Android. BUT, all that does is make it lag.

And really, Android and iOS are practically the same, sans the widgets. You have icons. You open the apps. You use the app. You close the app, you deal with another app.

Android added widgets, it isn't tied to software to access the file system. But really, we all do the same boloney.

Look at us. Here I am on an iPhone 4S, on Tapatalk posting in the same forum as you guys with Androids. We can all do the same crap.

What I want is a big screen. But really, if I get an android, eventually ill just end up doing the same crap I'm doing now.

Obviously, Android will have extra functionalities iOS is missing. But ah well. I can get anything I need done on iOS.
    08-25-2013 02:08 AM
    I got my Galaxy S4 on July 1, I have never seen any lag or stutter. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe the majority of GS4s don't have it?

Oh and this is my first Samsung phone ever, I always liked Motorola, Palm, HTC and Nokia. So please, don't call me a fanboy, cause I'm not!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    08-25-2013 02:34 AM
    No lag on my S4.
    It's a great phone and oh the screen is gorgeous!
    08-25-2013 02:50 AM
    I got my Galaxy S4 on July 1, I have never seen any lag or stutter. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe the majority of GS4s don't have it?

Oh and this is my first Samsung phone ever, I always liked Motorola, Palm, HTC and Nokia. So please, don't call me a fanboy, cause I'm not!

They all have the stutter. It's not the phone, it's the Touchwiz UI that has always been plagued with stutter and lag.

Galaxy S has had stutter/lag since the very first Galaxy S. it was much worse on that one.

A friend of mine bought an HTC Desire. And he unlocked it once to show me something. And I said "wow. That lags a lot". He said "no it doesn't". I said "lock it again. Now unlock it" and the animation was like "stut-stut-stut-stutter" then you see the icons. I said "did you see?" He said "no. It's fine".

Some people it sticks out and it really bothers them, other people just don't see it.

I was comparing the GS4 with a G Pro a few hours ago. I noticed when opening, for example; the music app. "Op-op-open" stutter, TouchWiz thing. G Pro is smooth.
    08-25-2013 02:51 AM
    They all have the stutter. It's not the phone, it's the Touchwiz UI that has always been plagued with stutter and lag.

Galaxy S has had stutter/lag since the very first Galaxy S. it was much worse on that one.

A friend of mine bought an HTC Desire. And he unlocked it once to show me something. And I said "wow. That lags a lot". He said "no it doesn't". I said "lock it again. Now unlock it" and the animation was like "stut-stut-stut-stutter" then you see the icons. I said "did you see?" He said "no. It's fine".

Some people it sticks out and it really bothers them, other people just don't see it.

I was comparing the GS4 with a G Pro a few hours ago. I noticed when opening, for example; the music app. "Op-op-open" stutter, TouchWiz thing. G Pro is smooth.
    I understand what you're saying, but I have tried that unlocking or using the same app with my phone pitted against my friend's phone, my Motorola Photon and my nephew's HTC One; and no, no lag or stutter on my Galaxy S4!

08-25-2013 02:58 AM
    Yeah 'cause Imma go down on a railroad track and I ain't going back and no I ain't coming back. 'Cause Imma leaving town and I ain't coming back no more..

Right?
    08-25-2013 03:35 AM
    I understand what you're saying, but I have tried that unlocking or using the same app with my phone pitted against my friend's phone, my Motorola Photon and my nephew's HTC One; and no, no lag or stutter on my Galaxy S4!

I just saw the stutter on the one I was using. Opening some apps.

But, it's a fast phone. Doesn't matter. If you don't see it; then it doesn't lag.
    08-25-2013 04:30 AM
    I wonder if more rams would break the lags,I am waiting for the note 3 just for that.
    I love my One,its fast and smooth but we have a new "camera tint" problem now that is irritating me.I will see if I swap with S4 or note 3
    08-25-2013 06:48 AM

I think that depends on the user, I have the IP5 for work and the S4 for my personal phone, as far as the lag issues goes, I do not see it my S4, but I have it all the time in my IP5, along with camera crash issues and a few other UI issues like lack of photo organization, but that is Apples design flaw rather then a glitch. Over all I get more use out of my S4 the the IP5 based off of my needs, but they both work the same for the basic stuff.
    STARGATE likes this.
    08-25-2013 09:38 AM
    I think that depends on the user, I have the IP5 for work and the S4 for my personal phone, as far as the lag issues goes, I do not see it my S4, but I have it all the time in my IP5, along with camera crash issues and a few other UI issues like lack of photo organization, but that is Apples design flaw rather then a glitch. Over all I get more use out of my S4 the the IP5 based off of my needs, but they both work the same for the basic stuff.
    I have the total opposite experience. I have S4 and iP5 both for personal use and my S4 has lags even using Nova Launcher. I use Google Keyboard and I hate that it's so delayed compared to my iP5 keyboard. Please don't suggest Swype Keyboard because I've already tried it don't care for it. What's your specific concern with organization in the photo app? My S4 lags big time when I attempt to open an album. Maybe because I have a lot of photos and videos in it but I have a lot as well on my iP5 and it opens instantly. Taking photos on my S4 gets frustrating because the time I touch the shutter button to the time it actually captures the photo is really bad using automatic mode. My iP5 running iOS7b6 takes photos instantly. I've never experienced the camera crash on my iP5. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my S4. I hope Android 4.3 fixes these issues.
    08-25-2013 11:35 AM
    Yeah 'cause Imma go down on a railroad track and I ain't going back and no I ain't coming back. 'Cause Imma leaving town and I ain't coming back no more..

Right?
    ^

08-25-2013 11:56 AM
    I wonder if more rams would break the lags,I am waiting for the note 3 just for that.
    I love my One,its fast and smooth but we have a new "camera tint" problem now that is irritating me.I will see if I swap with S4 or note 3
    Good God. How much ram does Android need? My 4s has 512MB. Runs perfectly fine.
    08-25-2013 01:08 PM
    The Photo and Music issue is the one thing that iPhone has that's frustrating. I have to use iTunes and iPhoto to organize that.

I mean, you can technically organize the pictures. If you select them and press "Add To" you can put them in Albums, but you're just putting shortcuts of the pictures in Albums. The pictures are all still in the camera roll. But, even a stupid Blackberry allows you to choose where you want the pictures before you start taking them, or move them to whatever folder you want or to the SD card.

Music though. They will never allow it. Has to be through iTunes. It's part of their business.
    08-25-2013 01:09 PM
    Didn't Samsung just get busted for cheating on the benchmarks they also got caught paying people to lie on forums! Also most of the so called critics are on Samsung's payroll!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    08-25-2013 01:11 PM
    Didn't Samsung just get busted for cheating on the benchmarks they also got caught paying people to lie on forums! Also most of the so called critics are on Samsung's payroll!

Stupid

Posted via Android Central App
    08-25-2013 02:32 PM
    Stupid

Posted via Android Central App
    Nope! The truth hurts!

08-26-2013 11:29 AM
    Nope! The truth hurts!

How's that ultra pixel camera doing?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    shoii likes this.
    08-26-2013 11:52 AM
    An iPhone can do anything if you jailbreak it.
    The Photo and Music issue is the one thing that iPhone has that's frustrating. I have to use iTunes and iPhoto to organize that.

Music though. They will never allow it. Has to be through iTunes. It's part of their business.
    Why not just jailbreak and not use iTunes?

Obviously the answer is that jailbreaking won't allow you to do anything. Tasker is another good example of something you can get on Android but not on iPhone even with jailbreaking. My understanding is that there just aren't the hooks in iOS that would be required to write an app with that type of functionality.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    08-26-2013 01:27 PM
    Why not just jailbreak and not use iTunes?

Obviously the answer is that jailbreaking won't allow you to do anything. Tasker is another good example of something you can get on Android but not on iPhone even with jailbreaking. My understanding is that there just aren't the hooks in iOS that would be required to write an app with that type of functionality.
    If one is really bothered by iTunes you could buy very cheap software that allows you to browse the file system. No jailbraking needed.

I don't mind iTunes. It just gets old when doing the music sync. But I do that maybe once or twice a year.
    08-26-2013 02:41 PM
    How's that ultra pixel camera doing?

The camera on the one is amazing actually! Go look at all the incredible pictures in the one forum!

Topgonzo, TomsAndroid and msavic6 like this.
    08-26-2013 07:47 PM
    Good God. How much ram does Android need? My 4s has 512MB. Runs perfectly fine.
    Sounds like you know what you are talking about completely making such awesome and fair comparisons.
    I would honestly recommend picking up a book, or researching.
    The Iphone doesn't require heavy resources because of the fact it's been HEAVILY optimized. Before you go on getting brainwashed, optimizing is often working around a problem by mimicking an action, lowering the quality or workload or removing features.
    A CPU is only physically capable of so much throughput, and no amount of software optimization will make it process anything any faster what you can do however is lower the workload by optimizing the software.
    For example ANY animations (from UI to apps) on the Iphone can only run on screen only, and will not process in the background. Same with multitasking.

I won't get into iOS features vs android, that subject has been beaten to death and it's clear Android offers more.

As I tell my sister: Iphones are good phones. They work, they're fast. But that's all they are: Good phones.
    That's what I love about Android, manufacturers are WILLING to risk making better phones. Even if they miss most of the times, they keep getting better. It's how we ended up with the HTC One, Samsung S4, Moto X, LG G2, Xperia etc.
    08-26-2013 08:42 PM
    The camera on the one is amazing actually! Go look at all the incredible pictures in the one forum!

I owned an HTC One and the camera was far from amazing.

08-26-2013 09:17 PM
85 1234