How did the critics not mention lag/stuttering issues in S4 reviews?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if more rams would break the lags,I am waiting for the note 3 just for that.
I love my One,its fast and smooth but we have a new "camera tint" problem now that is irritating me.I will see if I swap with S4 or note 3

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Same reason they lie on their benchmarks

They are on a furious dirty campaign to kill Apple, and all these tech review websites are all in on it. They'll give great reviews to the platform they want you to buy.

Fact is, iOS can be frustrating and hasn't changed much since 2007, but overall it is still the best user experience.

I think that depends on the user, I have the IP5 for work and the S4 for my personal phone, as far as the lag issues goes, I do not see it my S4, but I have it all the time in my IP5, along with camera crash issues and a few other UI issues like lack of photo organization, but that is Apples design flaw rather then a glitch. Over all I get more use out of my S4 the the IP5 based off of my needs, but they both work the same for the basic stuff.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that depends on the user, I have the IP5 for work and the S4 for my personal phone, as far as the lag issues goes, I do not see it my S4, but I have it all the time in my IP5, along with camera crash issues and a few other UI issues like lack of photo organization, but that is Apples design flaw rather then a glitch. Over all I get more use out of my S4 the the IP5 based off of my needs, but they both work the same for the basic stuff.

I have the total opposite experience. I have S4 and iP5 both for personal use and my S4 has lags even using Nova Launcher. I use Google Keyboard and I hate that it's so delayed compared to my iP5 keyboard. Please don't suggest Swype Keyboard because I've already tried it don't care for it. What's your specific concern with organization in the photo app? My S4 lags big time when I attempt to open an album. Maybe because I have a lot of photos and videos in it but I have a lot as well on my iP5 and it opens instantly. Taking photos on my S4 gets frustrating because the time I touch the shutter button to the time it actually captures the photo is really bad using automatic mode. My iP5 running iOS7b6 takes photos instantly. I've never experienced the camera crash on my iP5. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my S4. I hope Android 4.3 fixes these issues.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if more rams would break the lags,I am waiting for the note 3 just for that.
I love my One,its fast and smooth but we have a new "camera tint" problem now that is irritating me.I will see if I swap with S4 or note 3

Good God. How much ram does Android need? My 4s has 512MB. Runs perfectly fine.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

The Photo and Music issue is the one thing that iPhone has that's frustrating. I have to use iTunes and iPhoto to organize that.

I mean, you can technically organize the pictures. If you select them and press "Add To" you can put them in Albums, but you're just putting shortcuts of the pictures in Albums. The pictures are all still in the camera roll. But, even a stupid Blackberry allows you to choose where you want the pictures before you start taking them, or move them to whatever folder you want or to the SD card.

Music though. They will never allow it. Has to be through iTunes. It's part of their business.

Last edited:

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Didn't Samsung just get busted for cheating on the benchmarks? they also got caught paying people to lie on forums! Also most of the so called critics are on Samsung's payroll!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Didn't Samsung just get busted for cheating on the benchmarks? they also got caught paying people to lie on forums! Also most of the so called critics are on Samsung's payroll!

Stupid

Posted via Android Central App

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
An iPhone can do anything if you jailbreak it.

The Photo and Music issue is the one thing that iPhone has that's frustrating. I have to use iTunes and iPhoto to organize that.

Music though. They will never allow it. Has to be through iTunes. It's part of their business.
Why not just jailbreak and not use iTunes? ;)

Obviously the answer is that jailbreaking won't allow you to do anything. Tasker is another good example of something you can get on Android but not on iPhone even with jailbreaking. My understanding is that there just aren't the hooks in iOS that would be required to write an app with that type of functionality.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Why not just jailbreak and not use iTunes? ;)

Obviously the answer is that jailbreaking won't allow you to do anything. Tasker is another good example of something you can get on Android but not on iPhone even with jailbreaking. My understanding is that there just aren't the hooks in iOS that would be required to write an app with that type of functionality.

If one is really bothered by iTunes you could buy very cheap software that allows you to browse the file system. No jailbraking needed.

I don't mind iTunes. It just gets old when doing the music sync. But I do that maybe once or twice a year.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Good God. How much ram does Android need? My 4s has 512MB. Runs perfectly fine.

Sounds like you know what you are talking about completely making such awesome and fair comparisons.
I would honestly recommend picking up a book, or researching.
The Iphone doesn't require heavy resources because of the fact it's been HEAVILY optimized. Before you go on getting brainwashed, optimizing is often working around a problem by mimicking an action, lowering the quality or workload or removing features.
A CPU is only physically capable of so much throughput, and no amount of software optimization will make it process anything any faster what you can do however is lower the workload by optimizing the software.
For example ANY animations (from UI to apps) on the Iphone can only run on screen only, and will not process in the background. Same with multitasking.

I won't get into iOS features vs android, that subject has been beaten to death and it's clear Android offers more.

As I tell my sister: Iphones are good phones. They work, they're fast. But that's all they are: Good phones.
That's what I love about Android, manufacturers are WILLING to risk making better phones. Even if they miss most of the times, they keep getting better. It's how we ended up with the HTC One, Samsung S4, Moto X, LG G2, Xperia etc.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you know what you are talking about completely making such awesome and fair comparisons.
I would honestly recommend picking up a book, or researching.
The Iphone doesn't require heavy resources because of the fact it's been HEAVILY optimized. Before you go on getting brainwashed, optimizing is often working around a problem by mimicking an action, lowering the quality or workload or removing features.
A CPU is only physically capable of so much throughput, and no amount of software optimization will make it process anything any faster what you can do however is lower the workload by optimizing the software.
For example ANY animations (from UI to apps) on the Iphone can only run on screen only, and will not process in the background. Same with multitasking.

I won't get into iOS features vs android, that subject has been beaten to death and it's clear Android offers more.

As I tell my sister: Iphones are good phones. They work, they're fast. But that's all they are: Good phones.
That's what I love about Android, manufacturers are WILLING to risk making better phones. Even if they miss most of the times, they keep getting better. It's how we ended up with the HTC One, Samsung S4, Moto X, LG G2, Xperia etc.

Very well said. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The camera on the one is amazing actually! Go look at all the incredible pictures in the one forum!

The camera is good, I give you that. But amazing? Please!

On every single shot my nephew and I take, him with his HTC One and me with my Galaxy S4, the pictures I take look way better to everybody.
Oh and I have my settings to Auto with only 6 MP.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I owned an HTC One and the camera was far from amazing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

I've been saying this in the ONE forum but these HTC sales people keep saying that I'm wrong and the camera is amazing.

I've used it. And the FACT is that the HTV ONEs camera is fine for social networking. But in reality the pictures lack detail because its only 4MP. Low light is great, but other than that, the camera isn't good for anything other than Facebook and Instagram.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
HTC One camera is bad:
-Low light photos are blurry most of the time because of autofocus and slowed shutter speed (1/7 sec really HTC?)
-Blue or red tint in low light on most of the One(s) after a certain time of use.
-Pink spot on white backgrounds (like walls)
-Daylight photos are ok but not as good as S4
The only good thing with the One's camera is macro mode,that's all
And btw I am a hardcore htc fanboy but very deceived by the camera this time,I envy S4 users