Transferring music files using S beam

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
When I had the S3 me and my buddy would S beam music all the time now I have a S4 and I not ice that feature no longer works. Did they remove it? If not how does it work on the S4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Chromer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Im having same problem here. had s 3 and it worked perfect every time now we have s4 and cant beam music. that was one of the reasons i stayed with samsung is because of that feature, without it they are just like every other android phone.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Im having same problem here. had s 3 and it worked perfect every time now we have s4 and cant beam music. that was one of the reasons i stayed with samsung is because of that feature, without it they are just like every other android phone.

I think thats because the S4 uses newer nfc tags and the nfc chip possibly isnt backwards compatible with the s3s

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I see S Beam on my S4 settings page saying it can use NFC or WiFi direct. Doesn't the S3 support WiFi Direct?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

tigeryee

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't beam music either. However I think you may want to try whatsapp+ since that still works. Not regular what's app, look for whatsapp+ on xda

Posted via Android Central App