Galaxy S4 Issues !

sleepypanda19

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy S4 three days ago and i'm finding it okay I guess. The first day I had it I was blown away by the screen size, it's customizable homescreen, free apps, etc. I am a previous iPhone (4S & 5) and Blackberry user so Android is very new to me. Problems I was encountering with this device is:

IT LAGS. Alot. Even if i have all gimmicky stuff turned off. It stutters everytime I open an app, it lags when i'm swiping through my pics and my apps. It's just very laggy. And that annoys me alot -_-

I'm noticing Wifi signal drops and i've read an article that Samsung has acknowledged this and i hope they'll fix that soon.

Simple tasks like taking screen shots were hard to do. Kinda missed how easy it was on my iPhone. Also don't like how I cant save pictures off Facebook or some sites.

Also, the camera is awesome but when uploaded to sites like Instagram photo quality just looked downright poor. It looks like the 13mp pic was scrunched to fit into a tiny box and you see pixels everywhere.

The phone would sometimes reboot or restart itself when i am texting or browsing the web. That is really annoying me.

But my main real problem is the LAG which I just can't live with. I have the quadcore LTE version btw. Might go back to the iPhone coz i just miss the simplicity and smoothness that iOS offers. :rolleyes:;)

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy S4 three days ago...

But my main real problem is the LAG which I just can't live with. I have the quadcore LTE version btw. Might go back to the iPhone coz i just miss the simplicity and smoothness that iOS offers. :rolleyes:;)

I know what you mean. Nothing beats iOS for its simplicity, integration across apps and devices, and for its utility (it just plain works). After all, Apple has the magic formula: couple elegant design with hardware that only you make the operating system for (don't leave it to cell phone carriers for example).

Here's what I recommend for you, and I recommend this to all new android device owners: do a master reset first before you do anything. You have three days invested in the setup here, so it's not too bad. See how the lag goes. If it doesn't fix it, exchange it for another s4, do a master reset and try again.

If this doesn't work and it's still not to your satisfaction, then your next choice becomes clearer. Good luck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Try the master reset, or return it because, I'm coming from strictly apple, and got rid of my 5 (gave to my mom) she loves it like most older people, a anyways my s4 has been so smooth I always wonder why people say it lags, and everything is great about it, also you can save pics from Facebook, it's much easier on iOS as is everything but as I get use to it I could never go back, now I love my camera but don't post to ig and have seen others complain, try the reset or return but try not to leave before the magic happens

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Depending on your carrier, ATT has already released an update that addresses the lag. I have none after the update and I have about half the Smart features turned on.

I also agree completely with the previous poster. It's always a good idea to do a factory reset when it is new and after any update.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy