should I stay or go.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone 5 I really like the HTC One. The design is great. The few things that bother me is charge time but I can get past that and the lack if a physical home button. I was thinkingif switching to the galaxy s4 but not sure. The touchwiz looks kinda old. And really. Who is going to usr all of the stuff in the phone. But it's lighter. Like the feel if it as well.

Opinions. Should I stay or should I go.

Posted via Android Central App

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I traded my one for the s4 and don't regret it, nor miss apple, but I love it even more since I started using nova launcher I agree about touch wiz, as far as the features some I do use some I dont

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

1fishermun

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC one for a couple of days, it's a great phone but the battery and charge time annoyed me as well. I too thought the sgs 4 was loaded with gimmicks, which I now know aren't as gimmicky as I thought. I'm happier with the sgs 4. The battery and charge time are better than on the one. HTC made a great phone, but from what you wrote you'll like the switch. Like I said I'm eating my words as far as calling the sgs 4 gimmicky.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC one for a couple of days, it's a great phone but the battery and charge time annoyed me as well. I too thought the sgs 4 was loaded with gimmicks, which I now know aren't as gimmicky as I thought. I'm happier with the sgs 4. The battery and charge time are better than on the one. HTC made a great phone, but from what you wrote you'll like the switch. Like I said I'm eating my words as far as calling the sgs 4 gimmicky.

Really. Today is my 15 day trial end so I need to do it today. The problem if I swith I can't switch back.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

What doctor like and dislike about the two devices

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This. I even use Nova Launcher with my Nexus 4 and I like stock Android quite a lot.

I traded my one for the s4 and don't regret it, nor miss apple, but I love it even more since I started using nova launcher I agree about touch wiz, as far as the features some I do use some I dont

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

1fishermun

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
These are only my opinions but I think the sgs 4 feels better as well as more durable. I like the camera options better as well. Recording from front and back cameras at once come in handy more than you'd think. That sums up the sgs 4 for me the features are more useful than you'd think. HTC made a great phone no doubt. But I feel the 32 gig sgs 4 will be better in the long run. I definitely recommend the 32 gig version. I have no regrets at all.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I too returned the HTC one for the galaxy s4, n before that had the s3 n before that all the iPhone's (besides the 5). The HTC one is heavy, the screen is much smaller than the s4 but the HTC is bigger. The font on the HTC cannot be changed, there's a black bar at the bottom of a lot of apps due to the fact that there's no menu key (developers fault but most of them won't fix it) . The back n home keys r not very responsive and I think that's before their so small (I have very small fingers) . I am glad I got the s4. I don't regret it one bit and I don't think u will either. Touch wiz doesn't bother me, it could use some updating but it works. I also have heard HTC barely send any updates out, at least with samsung u know you will get an update all the time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I too returned the HTC one for the galaxy s4, n before that had the s3 n before that all the iPhone's (besides the 5). The HTC one is heavy, the screen is much smaller than the s4 but the HTC is bigger. The font on the HTC cannot be changed, there's a black bar at the bottom of a lot of apps due to the fact that there's no menu key (developers fault but most of them won't fix it) . The back n home keys r not very responsive and I think that's before their so small (I have very small fingers) . I am glad I got the s4. I don't regret it one bit and I don't think u will either. Touch wiz doesn't bother me, it could use some updating but it works. I also have heard HTC barely send any updates out, at least with samsung u know you will get an update all the time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
I am making the switch tomorrow

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got the S4's big brother the Note 2 and I couldn't be happier. To me I'll take a plastic phone that is less prone to scratches and won't dent all day long. Add in the ability to carry a spare battery or get a larger one and expandable memory and to me there is no comparison. As for touchwiz, just do like others have said and put Nova launcher on it. I don't think you'll regret it at all.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am making the switch tomorrow

I had the ONE for 13 days and liked it but traded it for the S4 (coming from the S3) as I thought I would love it. BUT, there were just too many things that got on my nerves. The hiccups here and there, jitteriness at times, the gimmicks only work half the time, the "colorful" icons make it look cartoonish, and battery life that sucked but I could go on. So I gave the S4 to my daughter and I went and got the stealth black "one" and I couldn't be happier. The One looks more professional, more fluid, battery lasts all day with moderate use and a few other things that turned me to it. As far as charging times, it trickle charges so the battery will last for years. Rapid charging (like on the S4) diminishes battery life over time (just google li-ion, li-poly best way to charge).

As far as updates, HTC doesn't need updates as often cause it works like it should. Samsung seems to have to update software to get it to work right....but to Sammy's defense, their updates usually add new features. The One is getting 4.2.2 soon as it is already leaked so that is a plus. Most of what I said are soley my opinion to my personal preference but to be honest, you can't go wrong with either phone.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from S3 to a One. The physical design is nice. But that is when it ended. I begin to dislike few things from the One. Camera is bad, menu bar is suck and few other misc things. Out of the box, One is very snappy. At the end, I went with S4. Few essential apps are more polished and suitable for business class. Camera is very good. For some reason after weeks with S4, I think S4 looks nicer than One now.... S4 is beautiful on its own way. S4 requires some tweaking to be snappy like One. All in all, IMO, I think S4 is a big better class phone.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from S3 to a One. The physical design is nice. But that is when it ended. I begin to dislike few things from the One. Camera is bad, menu bar is suck and few other misc things. Out of the box, One is very snappy. At the end, I went with S4. Few essential apps are more polished and suitable for business class. Camera is very good. For some reason after weeks with S4, I think S4 looks nicer than One now.... S4 is beautiful on its own way. S4 requires some tweaking to be snappy like One. All in all, IMO, I think S4 is a big better class phone.

I couldn't agree more about that awful camera. Felt like I was back 5 years.

ZekkRagnos

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
As of right now I have both the HTC One and the S4 and I prefer the HTC by far. The speakers spoiled me, the phone overall is super fast and more responsive than the galaxy. The camera is not as good as the s4 but it's still pretty decent, for what most people use it which is it Facebook or instagram. The stock apps are so so much better than stock Samsung apps. It's not perfect but the one feels better and more modern in terms of Os

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
As many have said, both are great phone. It really comes down to personal preference at this point. There is no need to say: mine is bigger than yours any more. I chose, to go with S4 just because Samsung has deeper pocket. I think the enhancement and update with keep on coming to S4 in the long run, say KLP.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

How do i make it more snappy...Sorry...im coming from the Apple side of things...i had the 3,4,4s,5

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the thing you can do is scale down the animation or turn it off all together. Setting, about phone, tab on build num about 7 times. That will enable devloper mode that will allow you to turn off those animations. I set those three scales to off on mine. Other also said turning off s-voice also help. I turn off my air gesture also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey