I have everything setup correctly (I believe) to you the hand swipe to take a screen shot but nothing happens when I do it, I must be doing something wrong.

In the meantime is there another way to do it?
    05-23-2013 07:11 AM
    Hold power and home button at the same time remeber to slide the side of your hand across the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    05-23-2013 07:12 AM
    Hold power and home button at the same time remeber to slide the side of your hand across the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I have done the palm swipe with settings on but it does not work.
    05-23-2013 07:38 AM
    I have done the palm swipe with settings on but it does not work.
    Watch the vid and make sure you have the settings enabled. It's not too difficult so you should be able to get it. Also as stated, Home + power for a couple seconds takes screenshots as well. In my opinion, this is more reliable anyhow.

05-23-2013 08:03 AM
    Thank you for the video, I actually watched the same one earlier today and all the settings are correct but nothing happens.
    05-23-2013 08:14 AM
    Thank you for the video, I actually watched the same one earlier today and all the settings are correct but nothing happens.
    Can you take a screenshot with home + power? If so, post a picture of your motion settings. If you can't then there's something else going on because home + power is a combo that users cannot disable or enable.
    05-23-2013 08:18 AM
    I will do that but how do I get my screen shot to post on here, also look at my status bar and see how my Wifi and 4G connection both show active

How do I save the screen shot to my gallery? I do not see an option for that.

Sorry for all the questions.
    05-23-2013 08:23 AM
    I will do that but how do I get my screen shot to post on here, also look at my status bar and see how my Wifi and 4G connection both show active

How do I save the screen shot to my gallery? I do not see an option for that.

Sorry for all the questions.
    When you reply you can just upload a picture. On the full site, look at the buttons above the text box and one of them is insert image. If on the app, when you reply menu>add attachment. It's really the same as if you were uploading anywhere else. Screenshots automatically save to the gallery. You'll have a folder called, yup you guessed it.... screenshots LOL.
    05-23-2013 08:33 AM
    I have attached the screen shot (hope this works)

Also note the 4G and WiFi icon on at the same time
    Attached Thumbnails How to take a screen shot-screenshot.png  
    05-23-2013 08:47 AM
    I have attached the screen shot (hope this works)

Also note the 4G and WiFi icon on at the same time
    Yeah looks like you have the settings correct. I would just venture you sayyou aren't doing right IF there is no issue with the phone. By any chance are any of your sensors at the top of the phone covered by something? Make sure you start with you hand on the right edge of the phone like you are doing a karate chop and swipe across in a swift, smooth motion. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I would suggest going into your carrier store or stop by a best buy and see if you can find a samsung rep to see if it really the phone or you. Good luck.
    wallstreet123456 likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:02 PM
    I have the same issue with my phone. Settings are all correct but still doesnt work. So I just gave up since it just crack my head on trying and trying. So my tip just use the 2nd way to do a screenshot with the power and home button. Need to hold it atleast 2 seconds.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-24-2013 04:07 AM
    Your hand must touch the screen

Posted via Android Central App
    05-24-2013 08:34 AM
    I had the same issue. My hand was not touching the phone. Then I tried touching the phone with the side of my hand while swiping and it worked! I hope this helps.
    05-24-2013 02:53 PM