I have been searching for the best camera phone on Verizon and let me tell you this is it! Samsung has done a stellar job with this camera. If you adjust to the the 4:3 aspect ratio all I can say is Wow! The colors pop, clear pictures, no smearing such detail. I tried the Nokia 928 for a few days and that camera is miserable. I do not understand why that camera gets all the "publicity". Even the night mode on the Samsung works really well...shockingly well. I cant speak for the HTC One (not on Verizon) but the night shots are solid (steady hand!). And the "ify" light shots also come out real well. Definitely a big upgrade from the S3 or DNA cameras. I feel we always rag on the big companies but kudos to Samsung on this camera!!! They nailed it.
    05-23-2013 11:59 AM
    If you adjust to the the 4:3 aspect ratio all I can say is Wow!
    I just took a few test shots at 4:3....wow, looks amazing. I've been using 16:9 since day 1. What about you guys?

The question is also being asked @ http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...o-you-use.html
    05-23-2013 12:04 PM
    I've been loving the camera since day one. IMO, the unsung hero of this phone.
    Bobbman likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:31 PM
    must be something wrong with my camera....or me....My photos come out blurry or not at all sharp, no matter which setting I use.
    05-23-2013 01:07 PM
    same here.. the thing can't ever seem to focus, everything is blurry and grainy.. I was just about to make a post saying this is equivalent to an iphone 3GS..

I didn't even change any settings other then make the Flash auto (it was disabled on stock settings for some reason).. I'm open to tips
    05-23-2013 01:19 PM
    must be something wrong with my camera....or me....My photos come out blurry or not at all sharp, no matter which setting I use.
    Push and hold the shutter button until the focus square turns green.....then let the button go. Try to be steady as you can...pictures should turn out great!
    05-23-2013 01:20 PM
    Did you remove the plastic over the camera lens? I didn't notice it, my husband did and it's a pain to remove! I have no idea why samsung did this, for those that don't know must think something is wrong with the camera. The pictures improve a whole lot once it's removed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    Coffeeman and AxelPostio like this.
    05-23-2013 01:33 PM
    That just took 20 pictures for me

Push and hold the shutter button until the focus square turns green.....then let the button go. Try to be steady as you can...pictures should turn out great!
    05-23-2013 01:34 PM
    Any example photos? .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-23-2013 01:51 PM
    Any example photos? .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    I have yet to figure out how to upload a photo on the forums. I have the pics on my computer but it does not let me transfer them onto the forum. Any advice?
    05-23-2013 01:56 PM
    same here.. the thing can't ever seem to focus, everything is blurry and grainy.. I was just about to make a post saying this is equivalent to an iphone 3GS..

I didn't even change any settings other then make the Flash auto (it was disabled on stock settings for some reason).. I'm open to tips
    Did you take the plastic lens cover off? It is real tiny and hard to see. Almost looks like it belongs there....but it doesn't!
    05-23-2013 01:58 PM
    I have yet to figure out how to upload a photo on the forums. I have the pics on my computer but it does not let me transfer them onto the forum. Any advice?
    Click reply to thread then click go advanced. Scroll down to manage attachments and click it. Then select your photos.
    05-23-2013 01:58 PM
    Did you take the plastic lens cover off? It is real tiny and hard to see. Almost looks like it belongs there....but it doesn't!
    I did find one there so thanks for mentioning that but it does have a cutout in the middle so it looks like it wouldn't affect the image but maybe it did.. I'll take more pictures when I get home, try to replicate the same conditions as when they were bad and see if they are still bad
    05-23-2013 02:51 PM
    I had the One for two weeks and I thought that was a phone for me. At the end, I went with S4. I don't understand the hype from the One. Camera is horrible!!! Therr is no where close to the camera in s4 or even s3.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-23-2013 06:21 PM
    That just took 20 pictures for me
    another tip is to press the subject on the screen and it should focus on that subject with the little box then press the shutter. Do you have anti shake enabled?
    05-23-2013 06:29 PM
    I just took a few test shots at 4:3....wow, looks amazing. I've been using 16:9 since day 1. What about you guys?

The question is also being asked @ http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...o-you-use.html
    I use the 16:9 setting also. It has plenty of mega pixel for me.
    05-23-2013 06:35 PM
    After reading this tip, I right away check my phone if it still has the plastic on that lens and obviously yes it was sitting there. Removed it and now much better photos. Thank you

05-24-2013 03:51 AM
    After reading this tip, I right away check my phone if it still has the plastic on that lens and obviously yes it was sitting there. Removed it and now much better photos. Thank you

Lol the clear plastic wasn't covering the lens though lol there was a cutout for the lens its all in your head
    05-24-2013 04:12 AM
    Lol the clear plastic wasn't covering the lens though lol there was a cutout for the lens its all in your head
    Mine didn't have a cutout.
    05-24-2013 04:46 AM
    No it does improve quality, somebody posted photos b4 and after.... Also they was saying light was reflecting off plastic which reduced quality

05-24-2013 10:33 AM
    In my case the pictures taken outside was very sharp and and clear but the ones taken inside was kinda blurry. I managed to solve that by activating the night detection mode. There is a big improvement.
    05-24-2013 06:22 PM
    Love the photos and the quality. However, I will have to be mindful when taking pictures I may want to send through SMS. I tried to send the first couple I took and they took over 5 minutes to send due to the size I am assuming.
    05-28-2013 08:17 AM