Lock screen turned black today!

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
After having the S4 for only 2 weeks... my lock screen today turned completely black!
(after being non-responsive a few times before already, since day 2)
Luckily I could turn it off/on again, but it went into safe mode, showing only like half of my installed app-icons.

After rebooting again, everything worked fine again, although it logged out of facebook/twitter/instagram, etc.

- After only 2 weeks, this is totally un-acceptable!!
Does anyone else have reliability issues with their S4??
I'm hearing quite a few bad stories from previous Samsung owners... that Samsung seems to be having lots of issues.

* This is only my first Samsung ever, as I just got from an iPhone... I do love my Galaxy S4 to bits, but this is just un-acceptable.
If this issue keeps playing parts... I'm going for the new iPhone 5S (coming out in August). Atleast with Apple you know that t works.
(I rather go for a reliable expensive thing that doesn't do much... than lots of eyecandy being unreliable)

Please, let me know if you have any issue?? Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
After having the S4 for only 2 weeks... my lock screen today turned completely black!
(after being non-responsive a few times before already, since day 2)
Luckily I could turn it off/on again, but it went into safe mode, showing only like half of my installed app-icons.

After rebooting again, everything worked fine again, although it logged out of facebook/twitter/instagram, etc.

- After only 2 weeks, this is totally un-acceptable!!
Does anyone else have reliability issues with their S4??
I'm hearing quite a few bad stories from previous Samsung owners... that Samsung seems to be having lots of issues.

* This is only my first Samsung ever, as I just got from an iPhone... I do love my Galaxy S4 to bits, but this is just un-acceptable.
If this issue keeps playing parts... I'm going for the new iPhone 5S (coming out in August). Atleast with Apple you know that t works.
(I rather go for a reliable expensive thing that doesn't do much... than lots of eyecandy being unreliable)

Please, let me know if you have any issue?? Thanks!

At least with apple you know it works? Hm. Odd. I've had the S3 since day 1. No issues :).

Anyway.. One glitch wouldn't worry me. Tons of times then I'd be worried.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll give it til August... if it still has such glitches, I'll be trying the S3, and if that stil not works, than I'll be going for the iPhone again."
(hate to go back to Apple though, as I love my S4 so far... minus the glitches, it just worries me that it started since day 2 and after only 2 weeks I already got my first black screen)

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
KTHXBYE

I've had 7 Samsung's and except for the S4 not playing nice with my 64GB SanDisk Ultra microSD all have been flawless.

To bring up you're going back to iPhone will not get you any help.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995