How to turn off vibrate on facebook notifications?

remedemic

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I went into the app settings and turned off "vibrate on notification", but it still vibrates I receive a facebook note.

Anyone know how to disable?

AxelPostio

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Redo it and also check the messenger app settings then if you're done setting vibrates off then restart your phone. It should works right after. PS: Chec your notification settings too

Posted via Android Central App

remedemic

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Bump. I managed to remove the facebook vibration by force quitting the app and reentering it. However, i noticed that gmail is also giving me problems. Vibration is not set in the settings however it still vibrates every time I get an email. This is becoming very annoying. Is there something I need to change in the settings of the phone? I can't seem to find anything.

frigginmike

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am also having the same problems with facebook and gmail. I found a woork around that disables both, but it also disables vibration notifications on everything else. Need help please.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Gmail and Facebook both have individual settings from the APP for notification types of sounds and vibrations--go to settings of the individual app and disable. That worked for me. I didn't like the vibrations either and they were really loud.

P.s. Facebook with every new version has a habit of ignoring prior notification settings and suddenly you wind up once again getting notifications on most everything. Check it for every upgrade.

Danny Lakowski

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Didja ever find your answer?
i was having the same problem...

when you go into the app, and over to your sidebar menu...down at the bottom under "app settings" there is another vibration option you can turn off. you can also turn on/off the LED notification as well...

Yao Yao Chen

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I was experimenting and I went into the audio section of the notifications.
It was on "default" so I selected "none" and it has worked for me.
Didn't make sense to me either but it now doesn't vibrate, it only gives me visual notifications.
Don't know if this will help.

shyzny84

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this completely worked but it seems to have for the time being. I turned off the vibrating notification inside the facebook app settings. I then closed the app, went back in and turned off all notifications in the same section. I then closed the app, went back into the setting yet again, turned back on all the notifications, making sure that the vibration one was still unchecked, and this seemed to have worked. I hope this is permanent cause it was getting annoying.

Foques

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.
S5 does a long vibration for every notification from Facebook and VK apps; I have all notifications set to a Heartbeat, but FB still throws a long vibration in.
I have tried to disable it, and enable it again.
As a matter of fact, my vibrate option is completely disabled right now.. and still have the same issue. help?

elshaman

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
In my case, the error was that google chrome was managing the notifications, so it keep send it to vibrate, but as soon as I stop that, no more vibration, besides stop it on the messenger and facebook app.

Hope this help!

Satyajit Hazra

Apr 28, 2018
Visit site
Ok, I managed to disable gmail vibration. The facebook one is now fighting me.

In J7 Duo android oreo, go to messages->settings->notifications->tap left side of general notifications->turn off vibrate... It will stop your both gmail and facebook vibrations..

Please like if you are done