Should I get Galaxy S4 now or wait for the iPhone 5S?

What to phone to get?

• Total voters

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
August is when the phone would probably be selling... but the 5s should be announced at WWDC on June 10th. Not that long and imo worth the wait.

You can't go by rumors that's for sure. August really isn't that far away, if I was you and was considering a iPhone I would want and see what they came out with before you decide. What is $100 deference between selling you phone now and waiting of you end up not happy.

Tapatalk mofo

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I came from a 4s...after the 1st and the 3gs... and the main reason i moved to the Nexus 4 (and the most imortant reason for me at the time)... screen size after being dissappointed in their idea of larger screen. I love the Nexus and pure Jelly Bean so no big deal... but my 4s contract finished this month and I will probably get another phone and it will probably be android. BUT... if iphone came out with a proper 4.3-4.7"+ screen in the 5s... AND the rumors are true about the new camera and IOS7... I could see myself going back to IOS.

I mean the current S4 camera is considered as good or better than the 5 camera... if iphone comes out with a better camera than the 5... then its basically a given it betters the s4 camera... and this time around camera quality is my main want after getting the screen size i wanted with the Nexus. Chances are they wont come out with a bigger screen this year so i'll probably renew with an android... before you know it, the next nexus will be announced.

Op I came from an iPhone 5 mainly for the bigger screen I don't use any of the touch wiz stuff. I kinda miss the iPhone because the app store Is so much better then Google play and iMessage was great to send hd video to other ios users, lock screen notifications, keyboard is better and easier to use on iPhone but I do like using Swype. Also the android operating system is laggy not sure if it's touch wiz or what but for a quad core cpu to me it don't feel like it. The gs4 will hold me off till a bigger screen iPhone gets released I'm guessing iPhone 6 next year

Last edited:

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i'm guessing they mention the sapphire home button so that the button will be more translucent or clear than current to house the fingerprint reader underneath it and it will be stronger than using a clear plastic button. hey when apple makes a phone... they build them better than anyone with quality parts... imo.

-Fingerprint reader is something that i believe is plausible for future smartphones, and why not, the iPhone being the first one using one of them...
-sapphire crystal touch home button....i actually see no pro in using this material just for the home button... i mean, i haven't ever heard of someone physically breaking a home button just by simple use.... i know it sometimes stops working, like with any other brand, but that's up to the electronics and switch used behind the button.... it would be nice for them to use sapphire on, let's say, the whole back of the phone, or use it as the actual screen, but that would fire the price of any phone up to the sky!!! and i'm not actually sure of the actual resistance compared with the Gorilla Glass 3... haven't seen any comparison with both of them, but i think sapphire would be harder, stiffer, and smoother tho...

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
they can start integrating it in mobile payment options maybe for higher security? it'll be more than just unlocking a phone for sure and then you know all the other platforms will jump on it afterwards.

Than it might be for you then, it could be very useful indeed if you always use a phone lock. But that would mean no one can use your phone which may get annoying. For instance my wife and I use each others phones for whatever reason with this I would have to unlock it every time. As it is now we could tell each other the pass code and allow use. What happens when the button breaks...or what if it just doesn't work every time.

Regardless though, it will sell well I'm sure. You just have to ask yourself if this one feature out weighs a bigger screen and the other options the SG4 offer because I don't see the iphone as being much different aside from this feature.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I do not think it is a gimmick at all. It is so much easier to unlock your phone via a finger print scanner than by always punching a bunch of numbers or drawing lines on the lock screen.

I have removed my security lock on my phone because I find it so annoying to punch the numbers everytime the screen turns off.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Only concern I have about this, will this encourage thieves to cut off your finger. Yes I am being serious.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That video says "iPhone 6", not 5s. My bet would be on a slightly tweaked phone this summer, and those major changes next year, if ever.

But I'm just guessing. No one here knows what Apple will do. If you don't need a new phone right now, wait until Apple introduces their next phone and then decide. It's only a few months; it's not like world peace is waiting on your choice of a new phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have removed my security lock on my phone because I find it so annoying to punch the numbers everytime the screen turns off.
Not sure what phone you have, but on my Samsung I can set a delay for the pin lock. So for the first 15 minutes (approximately) after I turn the screen off, I just need to turn it back on. After that time I have to enter the code. It takes me all of 2 or 3 seconds to type the code, so it's hardly onerous.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what phone you have, but on my Samsung I can set a delay for the pin lock. So for the first 15 minutes (approximately) after I turn the screen off, I just need to turn it back on. After that time I have to enter the code. It takes me all of 2 or 3 seconds to type the code, so it's hardly onerous.

The iPhone also has a time limit but yeah it's not a big deal.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They might. Tim Cook is willing to listen to the public more ala iPad mini.
This new Apple could be the one that listens to customers.

No, the iPad mini was the result of wanting more money, not listening to the public.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The reason for the mini is the same reason Lowes sets up across the street from Home Depot and that's across the street from Menards. Same reason Target and Walmart are so close together. You don't concede ground in a market. When Jobs said 7" tablets were useless, he meant, "no one has expressed interest in these", which at the time was more or less correct, because the 7" tablets that existed were terrible. With the N7, Kindle Fire, etc. a market opened up and people were buying that form factor and finding it useful. As soon as that happens, you HAVE to reverse the "useless" position, or concede the ground to your competitor.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I can do the same on my iphone 5, but I prefer the instant unlock with a fingerprint reader. Much easier that. You are correct that it is hardly onerous, but we can say the same about any other technology that is designed to make life slightly easier, e.g., smart stay and smart scroll.

BriWit

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I can do the same on my iphone 5, but I prefer the instant unlock with a fingerprint reader. Much easier that. You are correct that it is hardly onerous, but we can say the same about any other technology that is designed to make life slightly easier, e.g., smart stay and smart scroll.

The Motorola Atrix 4G has a fingerprint scanner. I do like having it, but it often takes more than one swipe to get the phone to unlock. Many times just using the code is faster. I plan to get the GS4 soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC