Hi, I have had my s4 two days and it has gone through 68mb of data already. I have been turning mobile data off when I am not using it and have probably had it on for about 15mins total over 2 days for quick email, facebook and whatsapp checks, nothing else. I have restricted background data and set apps to update over wifi only etc. Any ideas on what else to try?
    05-24-2013 03:37 AM
    Get the Onavo Count app. It'll keep track of total data and tell you how much each app uses.
    05-24-2013 04:49 AM
    I posted a similar question. Had gone through over half my data in a little over a couple hours. Go to data usage in settings and it shows you a full list of what apps are using data wise, you'll be able to see the biggest offenders. Mine was Dropbox. It was constantly pushing data. I turned all the apps to "Restrict Background Data" so they aren't using data when you don't have the app open. Also, go into the settings of the apps to be sure if they have specific data settings that you can turn them to wifi only (if you want). Another to check for is how your phone is backing up. I set mine to wifi only backup and I do it manually now. Since then, I have used only a few kb's in the past two days.
    05-24-2013 05:34 AM
    Thanks. I have restricted background data. Facebook seems to be my biggest offender, 51mb usage next is Google Play with 19mb and then Android OS 15mb all others haven't used much. Any idea why facebook is using so much? All I have done is refresh my news feed a few times and nothing else?
    05-24-2013 06:06 AM
    Use my data manager to track it. Works greats. If u upgraded call ur provider to see if they have something provisioned wrong on ur account. It happened to me on att they had my apn setting wrong. If not then something on ur phone is eating the data up. Just use a data track to find it.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 08:20 PM
    The phone is hd. All pics and videos you view will consume much more data than your used to. The carriers are smiling about this I'm sure

Posted via Android Central App
    05-25-2013 06:34 AM
    All brand new lte phones "eat through" data. Back when the htc one x and the s3 were released people complained the phones were using too much data. Its how you use the phone not the actual phone itself.
    :thumbup:
    Courtesy of My LT3VO
    05-25-2013 07:18 AM
    All brand new lte phones "eat through" data. Back when the htc one x and the s3 were released people complained the phones were using too much data. Its how you use the phone not the actual phone itself.
    :thumbup:
    Courtesy of My LT3VO
    If a person doesnt change how they use their phone they technically should not be using more data. Lte compared to 4g will use data faster for doing the same thing, not use more data for the same thing. And going from 4g to lte isnt that much of a difference of things u can do with ur cellphone.

05-25-2013 07:51 AM
    The phone is hd. All pics and videos you view will consume much more data than your used to. The carriers are smiling about this I'm sure

Posted via Android Central App
    It has nothing to do with the phone, the phone does not dictate if you view HD or not.

05-25-2013 07:53 AM
    I am seeing this to. I usually go through about 2 GB a month. S4 is on day three and I have used a GB already. I am going to let the phone settle in and start looking into having pictures and other non essential stuff sync over WiFi only. Verizon is going to get hammered by angry customers over their data overages.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 07:56 AM
    I am having major data usage issues. 3 of us would use about 3 gb a month. Now, it is about 5 gb a month. Me alone, 9 days into my new billing cycle have used 1.25 gb. Says it's from my Email.
    PLEASE HELP. Verizon was useless when I went there. All he said was to un-install my email and re install. That didn't do anything. I have had my phone off all day, and still the data usage went up. It is a Galaxy S4. I have tried everything except returning it to factory settings. I don't want to lose all my pics, contacts, etc.
    06-07-2014 04:13 PM