11-23-2013 10:41 AM
113 12345
tools
    Was YOLOing it and not using a case for the past 3 days. But my case arrived now so all goods.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
    06-21-2013 03:38 AM
    I got this case for my S4 Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Blue / Clear Raindrop Hard Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics mainly cuss i like the way it looks :-) however i don't use a screen protector, do you guys recommend one? how durable is the S4?
    06-21-2013 04:13 AM
    My wife convinced me that since we are trying to have a baby $100 I'd more significant than I think. And when we have a kid I'm going to need to use a case so I might as well get used to it.
    06-21-2013 04:19 AM
    **** that, lol. Otterbox all the way
    06-21-2013 06:20 AM
    I'm using the Spigen Slim Armor and love it. Thin and actually makes the phone look better IMO. I use a case because I typically sell my phone when my contract is up. I advertise no scratches and "phone has been in a case the entire time" and that tends to typically get higher bids than naked phones.
    06-21-2013 11:59 AM
    This. While scratch resistant to most things it wouldnt really come into contact with (knives, razors, keys) it is not scratch resistant to the things it more commonly comes in contact with. Small particles of sand and rock in dust, dirt, etc. These particles are hard to see to the human eye, but can gouge through these screens like butter. And while you may be thinking to yourself, "I don't keep sand or rocks in my pocket." You will find that quite often, these particles will find their way into your clothes, or on your clothes, without you having done anything to provoke it. So next time you are using your shirt to wipe oil residue off of your screen, keep that in mind.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    I have a flip case to protect the screen in my pocket.
    06-21-2013 12:40 PM
    I just got the phone a few days ago, and ordered the UAG Rust color case for my S4. Waiting for it to arrive at my door but right now no case on it.
    06-21-2013 03:00 PM
    I'm a firm believer in cases and screen protectors! I actually dropped my 10 day old s4 on tile floor and after my heart skipped a beat I picked it up and it was just fine thanks to my case
    Relletti likes this.
    06-21-2013 03:05 PM
    I just recently purchased on of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BYJ...cUvbUpU2872482

The SGP neo hybrid case is the truth! Plus it has no bulk, so you can still keep the slim body of the S4. And so far its really durable. I dropped my phone like 10 minutes after putting it on smh.

Tapatalking from my Galaxy IV
    06-21-2013 03:43 PM
    I'm a firm believer in cases and screen protectors! I actually dropped my 10 day old s4 on tile floor and after my heart skipped a beat I picked it up and it was just fine thanks to my case
    Out of curiosity, how do you know the case helped at all? Wouldn't you have to drop it the exact same way without the case to verify that it would brake if the case wasn't there?
    06-21-2013 03:55 PM
    I hate screen protectors. They made the screen more tacky. So much smoother without one
    skipatrol likes this.
    06-21-2013 06:57 PM
    This. While scratch resistant to most things it wouldnt really come into contact with (knives, razors, keys) it is not scratch resistant to the things it more commonly comes in contact with. Small particles of sand and rock in dust, dirt, etc. These particles are hard to see to the human eye, but can gouge through these screens like butter. And while you may be thinking to yourself, "I don't keep sand or rocks in my pocket." You will find that quite often, these particles will find their way into your clothes, or on your clothes, without you having done anything to provoke it. So next time you are using your shirt to wipe oil residue off of your screen, keep that in mind.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    I think that's what has happened to mine. I have had the S-view case on since day one and just noticed a minute scratch of about an 1/8 inch over by the phone button. Only visible in bright light with the screen off, then it's still hard to see and only by me, but damn-it if it doesn't look like a car wreck every time I use my phone LOL. My theory is that a particle of sand or something got in between the flap and screen to cause this. I have used no screen protector on my last 3 iPhones with cases just to protect the backs and had no problems. Now I'm thinking the flap has to go because I'm not wanting to prove my theory right.
    06-24-2013 11:34 AM
    Mines running as naked as it gets! I do a lot of motorsport racing in cars/karts, etc and sometimes forget to take the phone out my pocket while blasting around! This things experienced over 20,000RPM and lots of seat smashing! She's hold up well! I noticed the bottom right (if you're looking at back of the phone) side of my phone has a little bit of a dent and scruff but it's not noticeable, just feelable. I used to always be cracking iPhones doing this stuff so I'm actually enjoying the cheapo plasticness of the GS4
    06-24-2013 11:48 AM
    Mine is naked as well. I've tried with tons of different cases and screen protectors on the many phones I've had and I've never really liked any of them. Usually I only use them to cover up some sort of damage to the phone. But if you're careful with your phone you shouldn't have any problems. Besides, the battery cover is replaceable, so who cares if it gets scratched up?
    06-24-2013 02:18 PM
    I intended to go naked on my s4, then 2 days later after I got it it had a short fall which only put a little ding in the glass, which then spiderwebbed into a crack across the screen, which then expanded into even more cracks making it basically unusable. Sent it in to samsung had it repaired for $200 and got a case & screen protector. lesson learned
    06-24-2013 02:57 PM
    I intended to go naked on my s4, then 2 days later after I got it it had a short fall which only put a little ding in the glass, which then spiderwebbed into a crack across the screen, which then expanded into even more cracks making it basically unusable. Sent it in to samsung had it repaired for $200 and got a case & screen protector. lesson learned
    Smh that's messed up!

06-24-2013 03:19 PM
    Smh that's messed up!

haha yeah it definitely sucks. the gorilla glass is definitely resistant to small scratches like leaving it in your pocket with keys, but the huge screen doesn't seem to fair well with cracks. Even if you're not prone to accidents I'd still recommend putting something on it, or maybe I just have crappy luck
    Relletti likes this.
    06-24-2013 03:33 PM
    I've had a tpu case on it for the last 3 weeks and at times it has gotten annoying but nothing I can't just dismiss. I took the case off today to clean the phone and now I don't want to put the case back on. It's so nice without it.
    07-03-2013 04:32 PM
    One if the best features of the phone is how thin and sleek it is. Always running it naked.
    jasonb and Believe13 like this.
    07-03-2013 05:05 PM
    One if the best features of the phone is how thin and sleek it is. Always running it naked.
    Exactly. I'm so happy that I don't have a case on mine. With the iPhone 4 you almost have to have at least a bumper case because of the stupid antenna issues. Sometimes I rocked the iPhone 4 naked, but then I had to be careful of which way I was holding it or I'd drop calls or lose all data connectivity. The GS4 is sleek and thin and feels great in your hand, I want to keep it that way. There also seems to be no loss of signal when holding it however I want.
    07-03-2013 07:15 PM
    No way I did for like the first hour. lol
    07-03-2013 10:06 PM
    I feel like if I'm gonna pay $10/month and $240 over the course of my contract I might as well enjoy the damn phone. Otherwise why spend as much as a new phone.
    07-09-2013 08:10 PM
    I take my case off if im just sitting at my pc and not doing anything, but if I go somewhere or while I'm sleeping(incase I knock it off) I put it on.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy SIV using Tapatalk 4
    07-10-2013 04:30 AM
    I would go so annoyed taking it off and putting it back on
    07-10-2013 05:39 AM
    I would go so annoyed taking it off and putting it back on
    Agreed. Naked life for me (on all phones) .

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-10-2013 06:08 AM
113 12345