apps and led. colors

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Which apps with notification capabilities allow you to use led? can you set colors? Does the stock email have led notification and can you set color? Which colors actually work?

thanks, i obviously enjoy led notifications. I've always used light flow in the past but it requires accessibility and any app requiring accessibility turns on talk back and u can't turn talk back off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
you can just disable TalkBack from the application manager and it won't bother you :p

Try adding any app, like light flow, grant it accessibility since u must for it to work, you then cannot turn off talk back. Even developers have pled with samsung to fix this bug.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Try adding any app, like light flow, grant it accessibility since u must for it to work, you then cannot turn off talk back. Even developers have pled with samsung to fix this bug.

well, just installed Light Flow Lite - LED Control, enabled it from accessibility, it did ask to enable TalkBack (which i have disabled from application manager in Settings>More>Application Manager>TalkBack) and disabled gestures, but, because it is disabled from the application manager, it can not be turned on, it just showed the message, but nothing else....

as of right now, enabled back the gestures, Light Flow was not disabled, TalkBack is not bothering me, and it is working... not sure if this is something of my model, or something else... XD

Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337m

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Look at your accessibility list and see if light flow is checked

Andrew, the developer, will be shocked. Try setting some app notification to produce some color led and see if it works. Andrew says if light flow works talk back is on and will talk so unless your phone is muted you will eventually hear it. There is a long thread about it on developers forum.

http://developer.samsung.com/forum/...=GeneralB&messageId=204387&messageNumber=2156

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I kinda lost track in that discussion but if they are saying you must have talkback on to use Lightflow on a *G3* then they are definitely wrong. I've got a G3 (non-rooted) with Lightflow ON and working perfectly. Talkback is OFF but not disabled. I had that talkback problem with folders at first but messed with things until it went away. I disabled a lot of things including Google text-to-speech engine, S Suggest and S Voice but that was so long ago I don't recall which app was the actual problem. But to say again Lightflow works fine without Talkback.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But a lot of people like me LIKE and USE Google talk to text! So we either lose google search from speech which I use 5 times a day or tolerate talk back. It's a bug no matter how you deal with it.

TechAddict

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Must admit I'm not keen on installing apps that require other features to be disabled in order to use them, or use them in ways that interferes with other functionality.