Verizon Galaxy S4 32Gb model -- in about TWO weeks

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Today I talked to the store manager of a local southern California Verizon Wireless authorized retail store. The S4 32Gb model will be coming in about two weeks time. He said it'll probably be $299 with a $50 rebate offer.

Whoopee.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, slap the preorder folks a little harder! Good news that they're getting it, but I can see a few people getting cranky that this wasn't either the first or only one released. I'm glad that they remembered 16GB sucks lol.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't take a store managers word for it until you see something from a higher level. But it makes sense that they would make it so 1st day buyers are outside the 14 days you get to return the phone. I think they did that before if I remember correctly.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
As a 32GB ATT owner, if you can wait to order, it is really worth it. Having 24GB to work with is pretty sweet compared to less than 10 GB on the 16GB model.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
While I will agree with others retail store employees even managers seldom are informed or will tell customers but give. That 32gb models exist and Verizons nack for screwing early adopters RAZR maxx ehhemm lol

It is possible we will see a 32gb model this summer

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought Verizon stopped doing MIR a couple of years ago, and suddenly they are back again with the S4. Rather shady if you ask me, they get your money up front, make you wait 4-6 weeks for a debit card of some kind.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, 16GB and locked bootloader are the only two things holding me back

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, slap the preorder folks a little harder! Good news that they're getting it, but I can see a few people getting cranky that this wasn't either the first or only one released. I'm glad that they remembered 16GB sucks lol.

AT&T did the same thing when they released the S4 so why would Verizon do anything different?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody complaining about getting stuck with a 16Gb instead of a 32 has no one to blame but themselves! If you felt 16 wasn't enough you should have wait to see if a 32 was coming. Seems to be the norm for Samsung and Verizon that the 32 would come out after the 16.

Tapatalk mofo

Valkaneer

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If all goes well I will be dropping Verizon today, I have had it with the way they do business. Bloat ware up the you know what, they treat there customers like crap when it comes to data speeds and options when paying a premium price for there service, and they are all around jerks with how they treat phone providers. I am putting my money where my values are, and that will be somewhere other than Verizon.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If all goes well I will be dropping Verizon today, I have had it with the way they do business. Bloat ware up the you know what, they treat there customers like crap when it comes to data speeds and options when paying a premium price for there service, and they are all around jerks with how they treat phone providers. I am putting my money where my values are, and that will be somewhere other than Verizon.

The bottom line for me is Verizon has the best coverage in Southern California. Everything you mentioned is secondary in the long run. Plus, since my wife works at Costco Verizon gives us a 20% discount on the monthly.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The bottom line for me is Verizon has the best coverage in Southern California. Everything you mentioned is secondary in the long run. Plus, since my wife works at Costco Verizon gives us a 20% discount on the monthly.

I agree i have tried them all, and Verizon has the best Network/Coverage.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Wth? Active duty military and I only get a 15% discount! Well I'm not active duty anymore, and veterans get that same 15%

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your area like almost all places. I had Verizon and AT&T at the same time and for me either one would work for me (Southern California).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I received this email from Verizon today -

To:
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: RE: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well that makes me more likely to buy. Although I am interested in the X Phone.

Edit: Convo I just had with Verizon on live chat:
Pam: Hi! My name is Pam with the Verizon Wireless Sales Team. I am available to answer your questions and help you place an order. May I have your name, please?
Pam: Good afternoon!
You: i was wondering about the Galaxy S4. when will a 32 GB version be available?
Pam: Okay, Unfortunately we do not have the 32gb.
You: is verizon going to get a 32gb version?
Pam: Not that I know of.
You: What phones that have come out this year on verizon have 32GB available?
You: android phones
Pam: Unfortunately we do not have any androids that are 32Gb,
You: why is that? I was about to get a DNA, but it was only 16GB, so I didn't buy. I was trying to preorder a Galaxy S4, but there was no option for more than 16GB.
Pam: Yes that is because the 16 Gb is the only one available which we do have the sd card for the 32G for $69.99 that you could get.
You: Does the Galaxy S3 have 32GB?
Pam: No it does not.
You: last time i called customer service, about a year ago, I was asking about getting my phone number released to switch carriers, but there was some issue and I don't remember what it was
You: would you be able to look that up?
Pam: Unfortunately I cannot access that information here online.
You: ok, thanks
You: that's all
Pam: Would you like to order?
You: not until something comes out with more than 16GB internal memory
Pam: Okay, they come with the 16Gb and you can purchase the 32Gb sd card separately.
Pam: Hi, I'm just checking in, how is everything going?
You: not really interested in that. not all apps can run from the SD card, and there's other issues with SD cards.
Pam: Okay.

Also, around the time the Nexus 4 was about to be released, i asked a verizon rep if verizon would get a Nexus 4, and the rep swore that they would. So I wouldn't take anything a Verizon rep says seriously. and the "other issues" I have with SD cards is, have you ever had your SD card fail to mount when that's where you keep your nandroid? I have, and it's just heart dropping.

Last edited:

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
But she was correct about there not being any newer android phones having 32GB internal. That's why I doubt Verizon will release a 32GB version. They even discontinued the 32GB GNex. Edit: and the S3 32GB.
If the Motorola X Phone has less than 32GB, then I quit. Going to T-Mobile.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But she was correct about there not being any newer android phones having 32GB internal. That's why I doubt Verizon will release a 32GB version. They even discontinued the 32GB GNex.
If the Motorola X Phone has less than 32GB, then I quit. Going to T-Mobile.

The S3 had a 32GB version, not sure why it's not there now but it's not on Amazon either, but looks available on Best Buy's website. The GNex was still available last time I was in Best Buy and I've seen it at Target as well, but on Best Buy's site it's listed as 16GB... honestly I didn't even know there was a 16GB Verizon G Nex.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Though would be good news, there are no product codes for 32gb S4. Perhaps they are confused with the 32gb One possibly being released. Those rumors have some merit. Perhaps more than a S4. I do know that the S4 is not selling out like the S3, but stuffing ten million S4 16gb into channels probably will take some time to be sold through.

The inventory issue also would suggest they are not in a hurry for 32gb models at the moment.

Update: Missed the apparent email from their VP. Change of heart from Verizon? Public pushback prevail?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon