rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I received this email from Verizon today -

To:
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: RE: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami

BD,

Did you get this email directly? I have done a little research and the response wording nor signature fits a normal response from VZW leadership to customers. Not to mention nobody else knows anything about this. I am trying to give the VP a little credit in that none of this makes sense, so the logical alternative is the email is bunk. Makes no sense you would fake this, so not sure what to think, given nothing adds up. In a way, I think I would be more dissapointed now if the email is real, since would make VZW leadership look even worse. That said, they ARE forcing their people to read from a response script when they get S4 32GB questions, or 9GB storage questions: "The S4 16GB storage can be expanded to 64 more GB with a micro sd card, so 16GB is fine". There is very little paraphrasing on my part with that response.

I guess if VZW can apparently intentionally direct their people to mislead their customers, a VP with poor communication skills is not unthinkable.....

Last edited:

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
BD,

Did you get this email directly? I have done a little research and the response wording nor signature fits a normal response from VZW leadership to customers. Not to mention nobody else knows anything about this. I am trying to give the VP a little credit in that none of this makes sense, so the logical alternative is the email is bunk. Makes no sense you would fake this, so not sure what to think, given nothing adds up. In a way, I think I would be more dissapointed now if the email is real, since would make VZW leadership look even worse. That said, they ARE forcing their people to read from a response script when they get S4 32GB questions, or 9GB storage questions: "The S4 16GB storage can be expanded to 64 more GB with a micro sd card, so 16GB is fine". There is very little paraphrasing on my part with that response.

I guess if VZW can apparently intentionally direct their people to mislead their customers, a VP with poor communication skills is not unthinkable.....

Rushmore,

I wrote to VZW's CEO, COO and CMO on the Friday before Memorial Day. I got Tami's email back directly in my response to my email to the CEO. All I did was remove my personal info before reposting here.

I don't know why I'm the only person who got a response. The verbiage here seemed rushed to me but I'm still holding out hope that they carry the 32GB.

I wouldn't fake an email.

Like everyone else here I just really want the 32GB.

BD

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If from the phone, there's an app called photo editor. If from computer, use paint.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 32 GB S3 last summer and have not regretted the purchase one bit. While I should probably clean up my storage (we can always do better) having the 32 GB model with 18 GB used and 8 GB available has made storage management unnecessary and although I own enough micro SD cards to expand if necessary I'm glad it isn't necessary. 9 GB available out of 16 GB would be unacceptable and at least Samsung only charges $50 for extra 16 GB vs. insane premium from other manufacturers. High end devices should have 16 GB minimum w/ micro SD and 32 GB minimum without (unless you're talking about extreme budget deal of the Nexus 4). What I really hate is the low and mid range devices are starting to come with decent specs (dual core, 720P screens - the GS3 is now mid range w/ $99 direct and as low as free on sale from 3rd parties) but only 8 GB built in. Would love to have a 4.5" 720P device since the GS3 is still a tad too big for my hands.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate you doing this, considering you could have easily said No and been understandable.

So we do have either a case of a VP making an idle commitment, or the models are really coming, but the staff are in the dark about it.

The only angle that would seem to make sense would be they are not announcing, since do not want to stunt 16gb sales in any manner. If that were the case though, why even reply with a near definitive answer? I "know" (FWIW) per several people that Verizon has plenty of stock, so not like the S4 is selling out. Inquiries are also high for the 32gb model, but "high"is a relative term and subjective without numbers.

Best Buy also have plenty of stock, but no word on 32gb interest.

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate you doing this, considering you could have easily said No and been understandable.

So we do have either a case of a VP making an idle commitment, or the models are really coming, but the staff are in the dark about it.

The only angle that would seem to make sense would be they are not announcing, since do not want to stunt 16gb sales in any manner. If that were the case though, why even reply with a near definitive answer? I "know" (FWIW) per several people that Verizon has plenty of stock, so not like the S4 is selling out. Inquiries are also high for the 32gb model, but "high"is a relative term and subjective without numbers.

Best Buy also have plenty of stock, but no word on 32gb interest.

Rushmore,

No problem, like I?ve said I just want the 32GB. I hoped if enough people contacted VZW then they might ? emphasize might ? carry it.

I?m seeing similar threads in the T-Mobile and Sprint Forums ? since the 32GB has been a question for three of the four carriers is Samsung the issue here?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-samsung-galaxy-s4/278727-question-regarding-s4-32gb.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-samsung-galaxy-s4/285894-s4-32gb.html

Supply chain-related issues and that?s why things have been so quiet?

Samsung hasn?t given the carriers a firm date and the carriers don?t want to impact the sale of the 16GB model?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Might be it. That said, if sales do not create sell outs, perhaps Verizon will not add the 32gb, since two more products to manage. Seems the closer the One and 5s get to releasing, the less likely to add them, in spite of one quick email to a customer.

All things considered though, still an odd email, given nothing at all to support it for news or action after this amount of time.

I wonder if the person/s that sanctioned the sucky S3 update is managing their product management as well ;)

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

BD,

I need to find the link or message, but the email is asserted by Verizon staff to not be from Tami Erwin. Not sure how you could get a fake email from them if correct. Too elaborate for you to bother with a hoax, but there is zero info to support this as real. I wonder if they just screwed up, or Tami backtracked.

This has gotten even more weird and Gottamobile keep flailing in the wind with whatever direction their "source" tells them (ie, they seem to make stuff up, based on the same email). My guess is Gotta juxtaposed your email and now that nobody can back it up, they are backing away slowly. Pure gold/fraud.

Verizon are clueless, whatever is going on. They really suck, IMO.

Added:

A poster to Gottamobile must have got similar news (or babbling), since they assert the email is not kosher, for whatever reason. Did I mention that Verizon SUCK?

If it turns out the email is legit, so a case of Tami and her staff being clueless communicators, they should send you a 32GB for leaving you out there on your own ;)

Last edited:

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
BD,

I need to find the link or message, but the email is asserted by Verizon staff to not be from Tami Erwin. Not sure how you could get a fake email from them if correct. Too elaborate for you to bother with a hoax, but there is zero info to support this as real. I wonder if they just screwed up, or Tami backtracked.

This has gotten even more weird and Gottamobile keep flailing in the wind with whatever direction their "source" tells them (ie, they seem to make stuff up, based on the same email). My guess is Gotta juxtaposed your email and now that nobody can back it up, they are backing away slowly. Pure gold/fraud.

Verizon are clueless, whatever is going on. They really suck, IMO.

Added:

A poster to Gottamobile must have got similar news (or babbling), since they assert the email is not kosher, for whatever reason. Did I mention that Verizon SUCK?

If it turns out the email is legit, so a case of Tami and her staff being clueless communicators, they should send you a 32GB for leaving you out there on your own ;)

Rushmore,

I would love to know how an email from tami.erwin@verizonwireless.com is fake.

Now if it's "wrong" or VZW is backtracking that is a different story.

PM me the contact info (names, titles and emails) of the Verizon staff who said this is not from Tami and I will forward Tami's email directly to them.

BD

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the point is not that you faked it (obvious to me that is not the case), but the information may be false from Verizon (parsing words here). My feeling is the issue may be we are seeing Verizon at their worst: Arrogant, rash, secretive and hold their own employees and customers with apparent contempt and a, "Let them eat cake" attitude. I would not even put it past them to have backed off offering the 32gb due to the false sense of security Samsung's apps2sd update gives them.

Samsung's update only moves the apk, so the data files still stay in internal storage. This means on average, 90% of the total app size stays in the internal storage and the people that would have the problems with storage still will. People that would not have in the first place still will not have. Effectively this is not even a half baked fix, but a tenth baked fix.

The "rash" part would be the email from the VP that you got. Her employees should have known as well.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That information would confirm my assertions above. Verizon leadership does appear to be arrogant, rash and bad communicators with contempt for their own people they lead. Customers are a point of convenience for their bonus structure ;)

Regardless of the email accuracy from Verizon, the positive is Verizon has not publicly stated they will Not carry the 32gb. I guess cake it is then.

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That information would confirm my assertions above. Verizon leadership does appear to be arrogant, rash and bad communicators with contempt for their own people they lead. Customers are a point of convenience for their bonus structure ;)

The positive is Verizon has not publicly stated they will Not carry the 32gb. I guess cake it is then.

I agree completely - they haven't stated they WON'T carry it.

Will give this until 4th of July to see SOME kind of news - either way.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll ask one of my local Verizon shops about this, Sprint just pissed me off for what is likely to be the last time with added fees, increasingly pathetic service, and now not only are they saying no lte for another 3-4 years, but no S4's over 16GB......... :mad:

Sent from my EVO 4G using Android Central Forums

Not doubting you regarding Sprint not providing a 32GB S4, just would like to be pointed to the press release or whatever source it was where they went on the record with this. Emails and discussions and with CSRs and store employees have zero credibility AFAIC. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums