Back panel "SAMSUNG" letters fall off.

anon(4110489)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing a very annoying thing with my GS4, the letters of the Samsung on the back plastic panel fall off on their own! Each and every time i get the phone out of my pocket i recognize a missing letter!

?Anyone experienced the same?
?How can i purchase a new OEM back cover?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369439936.408935.jpg

Snapples

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S4 less than 48 hours and the letter 'S' from the Samsung logo on the rear battery case has started to peel away. I have emailed Samsung asking for a replacement back cover as a gesture of good will so I will wait their response.

I have had a search for a genuine replacement rear cover, however I can't find one anywhere and I can't fine on the Samsung website either.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What carrier are these phones from? I've seen this back cover on display models in Samsung kiosks only and I liked them, until reading this thread.

Posted via Android Central App

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Is that even a real back cover? Is it a international one or something??? I have a SG4 from AT&T and it looks nothing like this. There is no raised lettering at all like in the picture, it just says Galaxy S4 and has the AT&T logo. Both are painted on.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Snapples: You post in the HTC One forums as well. Which phone do you really have?

You can buy a new back cover from the Samsung store.
What carrier are you on, OP?

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It must be a defective back cover. That shouldnt happen. My s3 is almost a year old and the back cover is flawless.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine fell off too, and now there is some other letters there spelling Anker. And my battery life is amazing! Strange!

Sent from my S4 using AC Forums mobile app

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The capital S and the n fell off of mine as well. I never said anything, because I get tired of dealing with the Samsung defense force if I do.

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This happened on my htc evo lte, the 'HTC' just decided to start falling off, all 3 within a week. nothing here on the s4 so far, had her for six weeks now, but I do have a case.

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I wish my letters would fall off. I hate paying for something and get stuck advertising for the company that produced it.

... Your Mummy is a Zombie.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I wish my letters would fall off. I hate paying for something and get stuck advertising for the company that produced it.

I'll bring my heat gun over, so we can scrape off that pesky advertising from your cars rear end. And your pants. And the jar of Tang in your cupboard...

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro (Walmart Blue Light Special)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This happened on my htc evo lte, the 'HTC' just decided to start falling off, all 3 within a week. nothing here on the s4 so far, had her for six weeks now, but I do have a case.

Thats interesting because both the white and black Evo lte's dont have letter inlay's. It does say htc but it's only stamped into the cover so to speak. Not like the OG evo that had chrome lettering glued into the indentation.

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll bring my heat gun over, so we can scrape off that pesky advertising from your cars rear end. And your pants. And the jar of Tang in your cupboard...

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro (Walmart Blue Light Special)

My last car I did remove all tags and the ones I couldnt remove I used body fill on it, removed what chrome I could and then painted it a semi-gloss (satin) black. It was almost invisible when parked under a tree at night. Drive like a ninja.:D

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Is that even a real back cover? Is it a international one or something??? I have a SG4 from AT&T and it looks nothing like this. There is no raised lettering at all like in the picture, it just says Galaxy S4 and has the AT&T logo. Both are painted on.

Same with Verizon version...doesn't look anything like the OP's...just says "Verizon" and "4G LTE" on back, and it's painted on, rather than the raised lettering shown in OP's photo.

To the OP: I don't want to sound like a jackass by saying this, but perhaps if keeping aesthetic details such as this looking pristine are important to you, it may be wise to invest in a case?

It must be a defective back cover. That shouldnt happen. My s3 is almost a year old and the back cover is flawless.

Perhaps, but we're talking about the S4. Different back cover.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie