05-20-2014 07:52 PM
26 12
tools
    I have been experiencing a very annoying thing with my GS4, the letters of the Samsung on the back plastic panel fall off on their own! Each and every time i get the phone out of my pocket i recognize a missing letter!

Anyone experienced the same?
    How can i purchase a new OEM back cover?

Back panel "SAMSUNG" letters fall off.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369439936.408935.jpg
    05-24-2013 06:59 PM
    Really.......?

It looks like someone had put that back through a washer with rocks...

Posted via Android Central App
    orion575 and bembol like this.
    05-24-2013 07:16 PM
    You can buy back covers from Samsung website

Aquila likes this.
    05-24-2013 07:30 PM
    I've had my S4 less than 48 hours and the letter 'S' from the Samsung logo on the rear battery case has started to peel away. I have emailed Samsung asking for a replacement back cover as a gesture of good will so I will wait their response.

I have had a search for a genuine replacement rear cover, however I can't find one anywhere and I can't fine on the Samsung website either.
    06-15-2013 11:57 AM
    What carrier are these phones from? I've seen this back cover on display models in Samsung kiosks only and I liked them, until reading this thread.

06-15-2013 03:23 PM
    Is that even a real back cover? Is it a international one or something??? I have a SG4 from AT&T and it looks nothing like this. There is no raised lettering at all like in the picture, it just says Galaxy S4 and has the AT&T logo. Both are painted on.
    anon(5857879) and j510 like this.
    06-15-2013 06:57 PM
    Snapples: You post in the HTC One forums as well. Which phone do you really have?

You can buy a new back cover from the Samsung store.
    What carrier are you on, OP?
    06-15-2013 07:23 PM
    It must be a defective back cover. That shouldnt happen. My s3 is almost a year old and the back cover is flawless.

06-15-2013 08:23 PM
    Mine fell off too, and now there is some other letters there spelling Anker. And my battery life is amazing! Strange!

Sent from my S4 using AC Forums mobile app
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    06-15-2013 08:48 PM
    The capital S and the n fell off of mine as well. I never said anything, because I get tired of dealing with the Samsung defense force if I do.
    ffejjj, bigdaddytee and JHBThree like this.
    06-15-2013 09:10 PM
    This happened on my htc evo lte, the 'HTC' just decided to start falling off, all 3 within a week. nothing here on the s4 so far, had her for six weeks now, but I do have a case.

06-15-2013 09:15 PM
    Maybe stating the obvious, but has anyone contacted their carrier about getting a warranty replacement?
    06-16-2013 04:30 PM
    Is your area humid or hot?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    06-16-2013 04:57 PM
    I wish my letters would fall off. I hate paying for something and get stuck advertising for the company that produced it.

... Your Mummy is a Zombie.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-16-2013 05:15 PM
    I wish my letters would fall off. I hate paying for something and get stuck advertising for the company that produced it.

I'll bring my heat gun over, so we can scrape off that pesky advertising from your cars rear end. And your pants. And the jar of Tang in your cupboard...

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro (Walmart Blue Light Special)
    j510 likes this.
    06-16-2013 09:27 PM
    Really.......?

It looks like someone had put that back through a washer with rocks...

Looking at the pics I'm surprised OP is asking...

To answer, no.

eBay.
    06-16-2013 10:00 PM
    This happened on my htc evo lte, the 'HTC' just decided to start falling off, all 3 within a week. nothing here on the s4 so far, had her for six weeks now, but I do have a case.

Thats interesting because both the white and black Evo lte's dont have letter inlay's. It does say htc but it's only stamped into the cover so to speak. Not like the OG evo that had chrome lettering glued into the indentation.
    06-16-2013 10:13 PM
    I'll bring my heat gun over, so we can scrape off that pesky advertising from your cars rear end. And your pants. And the jar of Tang in your cupboard...

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro (Walmart Blue Light Special)
    My last car I did remove all tags and the ones I couldnt remove I used body fill on it, removed what chrome I could and then painted it a semi-gloss (satin) black. It was almost invisible when parked under a tree at night. Drive like a ninja.

06-17-2013 02:06 PM
    Is that even a real back cover? Is it a international one or something??? I have a SG4 from AT&T and it looks nothing like this. There is no raised lettering at all like in the picture, it just says Galaxy S4 and has the AT&T logo. Both are painted on.
    Same with Verizon version...doesn't look anything like the OP's...just says "Verizon" and "4G LTE" on back, and it's painted on, rather than the raised lettering shown in OP's photo.

To the OP: I don't want to sound like a jackass by saying this, but perhaps if keeping aesthetic details such as this looking pristine are important to you, it may be wise to invest in a case?

It must be a defective back cover. That shouldnt happen. My s3 is almost a year old and the back cover is flawless.

Perhaps, but we're talking about the S4. Different back cover.
    06-17-2013 03:00 PM
    Mine is 6 days old with the same problem. So much for the appearance of a better build quality.
    09-18-2013 05:12 PM
    That is what they look like in Europe. Mine looks like that too. Go to Samsung UK website and look for the S4, the back picture looks like the OP's

09-19-2013 03:36 AM
    Each and every time i get the phone out of my pocket i recognize a missing letter

[
    So you've only taken your phone out of your pocket three times? When giving out at least be realistic.

09-20-2013 05:16 PM
    how many times do u need 2 prove him right that he misses a letter bec mine did 2 n without putting it into any pockets it was on my bed n cudn't find the middle "s" of samsung how many ppl do u need 2 tell u they find missing letters !!! or ur just defensing samsung crap with no reason at all i bought this damn phone after iphone n i must say 4 me its a prank every time i discover a new problem in it this is totally sucks n turns me off mood after the bunch of thousands i've paid 4 that stupid phone i really miss my iphone n cant afford 2 buy it though after i lost my money 2 that samsung crap now am stuck 2 it
    11-30-2013 11:32 PM
    Yup mine are coming off too I feel like removing them all
    And I just removed it off the little silver pieces but the writing that says SAMSUNG is still there and it looks better now that a I removed it all and it looks better now when I have my clear case on
    05-20-2014 06:04 PM
    Yup the international versions or factory unlocked/ unlocked ones only have the letters SAMSUNG on it but if it has a specific carrier you will see like AT&T on it or T mobile or something!
    05-20-2014 06:08 PM
26 12