Hello i was planning to buy a new spare battery for my GS4 and i've seen some threads that some battery are not LTE/NFC/S Beam capable? How is that possible? I mean that is the phone features right? Why it will not have those features when you use battery that are not LTE/NFC/S Beam capable? And how can i know if the battery is LTE/NFC/S Beam capable? Thanks for the replies. Still not familiar with my phone and the android stuff.
    05-25-2013 07:27 AM
    I'm looking at getting one if these phones next week. I've been looking at extended batteries that seem cheap but come with good reviews. The only complaint I see from them is Near Field Communication issues. I haven't heard about LTE issues.
    05-25-2013 07:39 AM
    Just buy an extended battery with NFC capabilities. I have one for the Gnex and it works fine. The battery didn't have anything to do with LTE, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    05-25-2013 08:18 AM
    Just buy an extended battery with NFC capabilities. I have one for the Gnex and it works fine. The battery didn't have anything to do with LTE, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    How can i know if the battery is NFC capable? Is it written on the packaging of the battery?
    05-25-2013 09:38 PM
    How can i know if the battery is NFC capable? Is it written on the packaging of the battery?
    I know on Amazon it will list the battery with or without NFC in the description.

Here is one

Amazon.com: Onite 2600mAh(NFC) Battery for Samsung Galaxy S IV / S4 I9500, Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-25-2013 09:46 PM
    nfc is not built into the phone... they incorporated it into the battery i believe for space purposes.

Hello i was planning to buy a new spare battery for my GS4 and i've seen some threads that some battery are not LTE/NFC/S Beam capable? How is that possible? I mean that is the phone features right? Why it will not have those features when you use battery that are not LTE/NFC/S Beam capable? And how can i know if the battery is LTE/NFC/S Beam capable? Thanks for the replies. Still not familiar with my phone and the android stuff.
    05-25-2013 09:48 PM
    nfc is not built into the phone... they incorporated it into the battery i believe for space purposes.
    No NFC is built into the phone, it's just the antenna is in the battery. Otherwise you would have a huge aftermarket NFC battery library

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    donm527#IM likes this.
    05-25-2013 10:01 PM
    Thank you
    05-27-2013 09:05 PM
    I know on Amazon it will list the battery with or without NFC in the description.

Here is one

Amazon.com: Onite 2600mAh(NFC) Battery for Samsung Galaxy S IV / S4 I9500, Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4: Cell Phones & Accessories
    If you read some of the reviews on one's that claim NFC compatible, you will see that some of them are not. A big YMMV thing...
    05-30-2013 09:07 PM