I was considering getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 until I realized that they disabled the auto correct feature. That is a deal breaker for me. However, if I bought and downloaded Swiftkey would the Swiftkey auto correct feature be allowed to work on the S4 like it does with all other phones. It is a must feature for me and I love Swiftkey. So if it would work then I would probably get the phone. Thank you.
    05-25-2013 08:24 AM
    well, i don't know if it has something to do with specific models, or carriers, but the samsung stock keyboard DOES have autocorrect, you just have to enable it...

also, if you buy and download the Swiftkey keyboard, or any other keyboard with an autocorrect feature, you will also be able to use it... it has nothing to do with the device itself
    05-25-2013 09:00 AM
    The s4 does not have auto correct. It has auto suggest. If you misspell a word it doesn't automatically fix it but rather shows you the correct spelling above the keyboard.

Yes all other keyboards that have auto correct will work. The r feature is only disabled on the Samsung keyboard due to the apple lawsuit. It does not bar any other software from using auto correct.
    05-25-2013 09:10 AM
    The s4 does not have auto correct. It has auto suggest. If you misspell a word it doesn't automatically fix it but rather shows you the correct spelling above the keyboard.

Yes all other keyboards that have auto correct will work. The r feature is only disabled on the Samsung keyboard due to the apple lawsuit. It does not bar any other software from using auto correct.
    well, mine does have autocorrect... just not named like that... it is named auto replacement, but does exactly the same on my device... and this is the stock samsung keyboard, not swype....
    Attached Thumbnails auto correct-phfbcuzh8amdoz5zxcffylcioc4pgwinpp3fip33g0a.png  
    05-25-2013 09:21 AM
    well, mine does have autocorrect... just not named like that... it is named auto replacement, but does exactly the same on my device... and this is the stock samsung keyboard, not swype....
    Which carrier are you on
    05-25-2013 10:01 AM
    Which carrier are you on
    well, i don't live in the USA, my device is a Galaxy S4 SGH-i337m, the same as Bell Canada, which is almost like the AT&T one... my carrier is Telcel
    05-25-2013 10:27 AM
    Has anyone found the apk for a foreign Samsung keyboard with auto replace because I love the numbers at the type but don't want to select the word it would be great to install a foreign keyboard and get this feature

Posted via Android Central App
    05-25-2013 11:18 AM
    well, i don't live in the USA, my device is a Galaxy S4 SGH-i337m, the same as Bell Canada, which is almost like the AT&T one... my carrier is Telcel
    Well so far everyone with a US version hasn't found that option
    05-25-2013 11:36 AM
    OP's question's answer:
    Yes, swiftkey will work as advertised and auto correct to it's little digital heart's desire, and it does a mighty fine job at it too. Really, really good at guessing right.
    05-25-2013 12:03 PM
    Thank you for the replies. Yes that auto replacement featured in the pic is for Europe version only. If I get the S4 I will just download Swiftkey. It is by far the best keyboard I have ever experienced. That will solve the auto correct problem.
    05-27-2013 08:18 AM
    After doing some searching I found out that the US version autocorrect was removed due to Apple vs. Samsung lawsuit that apple won. I am starting to truly hate Apple. In the we, the consumers, are the ones that gets screwed by Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    05-27-2013 04:01 PM
    After doing some searching I found out that the US version autocorrect was removed due to Apple vs. Samsung lawsuit that apple won. I am starting to truly hate Apple. In the we, the consumers, are the ones that gets screwed by Apple.

how does that even make sense? every other phone has auto correct? are they going to remove auto correct from every phone on the market except for the iphone? geez
    05-27-2013 05:52 PM
    how does that even make sense? every other phone has auto correct? are they going to remove auto correct from every phone on the market except for the iphone? geez
    Well it doesnt make sense, but thats the failure of our justice system. Apparently Apple invented and patented everything.

05-27-2013 06:43 PM
    Other keyboard's autocorrect will/do work on the S4. Swiftkey would/does have full functionality on the S4.
    05-27-2013 06:45 PM
    Other keyboard's autocorrect will/do work on the S4. Swiftkey would/does have full functionality on the S4.
    I had swiftkey before. But I really wanted to try to keep everything stock. English isnt the only language I use on the keyboard. So using stock samsung keyboard makes it very easy to toggle and switch to another language.

05-27-2013 06:48 PM
    im aware of that. but every other phone ive used has had auto correct. so i just dont understand how they can single out one person like that
    05-27-2013 06:49 PM