Galaxy S4 incoming call voice command problem!

ronixbasumatary

May 25, 2013
Visit site
After seeing the unique features of Galaxy S4 i was impressed and made up my mind to get one. So far there's been absolutely no problem with my S4 except for one.
Whenever I say 'answer' on incoming calls my S4 doesn't do anything. It rarely works, whereas the 'reject' command is perfectly functioning. I'm not sure if others are facing the same
problem but if I'm the only one dealing with this then please suggest me an answer to this problem. Any smartphone tech please give me a solution to it. :(

Last edited:

Alisha Brown

May 30, 2013
Visit site
turn the volume on your ringer down! lol I had the same issue and I googled it.... seems like people were having the same issue with the S3. I turned down the ringer volume and turned off the vibration. :p

rubynks

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 and it was working great and then I noticed the Voice Commands stopped working when Answering or Rejecting a phone call!!
So I called Verizon and I can't get over how lazy they have got, they didn't want to look at my settings and never even asked me, except to make sure it was calibrated, and that was it, and wanted me to do a complete Factory Reset!
That seems to be the answer to everything!! So I knew I didn't have to go thru all of that, and I decided to GOOGLE it, sure enough I found this thread and you guys were completely right, all I had to do was turn the Vibrate while ringing Mode off and bam back to normal, wow.. thanks so much and someone tell Verizon to train their reps better. :p

kkluesner

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Just what I, too, needed. thank you!

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 and it was working great and then I noticed the Voice Commands stopped working when Answering or Rejecting a phone call!!
So I called Verizon and I can't get over how lazy they have got, they didn't want to look at my settings and never even asked me, except to make sure it was calibrated, and that was it, and wanted me to do a complete Factory Reset!
That seems to be the answer to everything!! So I knew I didn't have to go thru all of that, and I decided to GOOGLE it, sure enough I found this thread and you guys were completely right, all I had to do was turn the Vibrate while ringing Mode off and bam back to normal, wow.. thanks so much and someone tell Verizon to train their reps better. :p

goddss6

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I was having this issue when I stumbled upon this thread... The answer above did not work for me. So I went onto Samsung's website and chatted with an agent.. He had me soft boot and wipe the cache. It helped and my Answer/Reject is working along with my Stop/Snooze which was also not working.

Sammi: I will help you with the clear cache steps on your device. Please follow the steps, following these steps will refresh all the applications on your device and will help the device to perform better.
Sammi: 1 Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
Sammi: 2 Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key.
Sammi: 3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
Sammi: 4 When the Android recovery menu is displayed; release the Volume Up key.
Sammi: 5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.
Sammi: 6 Please reboot the device after performing the above steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool