So for the last two days I have talked to at least 100 representatives from customer service. After everyone telling me that there is absolutely no way I could get a S4 since its brand new, I knew it was possible!! So the first person I called this morning(7:00AM) we were talking for a little while and she finally was able to upgrade me but she insisted that I must pay a $175 termination fee. I kept telling her I just wanted a upgrade and not to cancel my current plan. So I hung up and tried again. This time it finally worked! I gotta say out of everyone that I have talked to this women(Katie) was nicest person I have talked to. After being on the phone with here for 1 1/2 she finally was able to get me the GalaxyS4 a month early. So with everybody saying there is not a way to upgrade early there is. All you have to say is your switching to AT&T if you can't get a up grade. The total cost for me was $200 for the phone, $25 for taxes, $30 for the data plan and $40 for the shipping so I can have it by tomorrow! Has anybody else ever have success like me?
    05-25-2013 01:04 PM
    I'm sorry to burst you bubble but they do that for everyone. Plus shipping is usually free. I got my S4 and an HTC One in April and my upgrade isn't until June 20th. Plus free over night shipping

Posted via Android Central App
    Timothy Farrell likes this.
    05-25-2013 01:43 PM
    I was only 8 months or so into my contract with my Iphone 5 when I requested an early upgrade. They sold me the GS4 for the 2 year contract price! Although I'm "stuck" for another 2 years I don't anticipate any problems upgrading again when the latest and greatest comes out. Sold my Iphone for a few hundred and made a nice profit.
    Timothy Farrell likes this.
    05-25-2013 01:58 PM
    Well your lucky you got overnight shipping, my S4 won't arrive till Tuesday at the latest.
    05-25-2013 11:16 PM
    Congrats on your persistence! You will love your S4! I called 611 from my phone on May 10 (first day the 32GB was available) and got my upgrade moved up. He waived the $36 upgrade fee and gave me overnight shipping but since it was Friday, I got the S4 on Monday. They are always easier to deal with on customer care. I have not actually gone into the att store to buy a phone in many years. I paid $270 which was $250 for the phone plus taxes.
    05-25-2013 11:19 PM
    After I talked to so may people I got tired of hearing the word "NO" so when I called this morning the first thing I said was I'm thinking of switching to AT&T if I cant get the S4 and it finally worked!
    05-25-2013 11:25 PM
    After I talked to so may people I got tired of hearing the word "NO" so when I called this morning the first thing I said was I'm thinking of switching to AT&T if I cant get the S4 and it finally worked!
    What carrier are you on? I thought you were on att?
    05-25-2013 11:28 PM
    No, I have Verizon. I told the women that I would switch to AT&T if I could not get a early upgrade.
    05-25-2013 11:31 PM
    No, I have Verizon. I told the women that I would switch to AT&T if I could not get a early upgrade.
    Good deal! Verizon must be hard core on the early upgrades. Att is fairly easy if you call customer care and much harder if you go in to the store. Make sure to get a case to protect your shiny new S4!
    05-25-2013 11:34 PM
    haha hopefully I will. I sure will miss the Jailbreak on my iPhone though. Is your S4 rooted??
    05-25-2013 11:37 PM
    haha hopefully I will. I sure will miss the Jailbreak on my iPhone though. Is your S4 rooted??
    Nope stock. Have rooted etc but have always gone back to stock. I guess you could say the thrill of rooting is not there for me anymore. I used to do it to remove the bloat but now you can disable most apps so they are not even in your app drawer and you do not get prompted to update them

Lots of good info here! Android is fairly different from iOS. take your time, be patient and almost everything for how to is on you tube! Give it a good three weeks or so to get used to! Good Luck!
    05-25-2013 11:42 PM
    The first day I get my S4 won't be to 11pm after I get out if work.. So that night ill be on this phone for hours lol
    05-25-2013 11:47 PM