2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

Stevenrsmith100

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Is that what is causing it? The NFC?

I factory restored it yesterday and it started happening again today but only did the sound once? My NFC was turned on, but turned it off now. Must be a bug somewhere?

Great advice about turning off the NFC. I too habe just got an Android Nexus 6. Thought I was hearing things! Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

gustyslonik

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

I have a strange thing happening to my phone at the moment. When I put my phone on to 'Sound' and then unlock my phone, I get a 2 tone beeping sound constantly playing and wont stop. If I turn it onto silent its fine, but turning it back on, the sound plays :/. I have restarted the phone and shut it down but nothing.

I have no apps running in the back ground either.

Any ideas?

if u have an app. named 'CallRecorder',in 1step:settings of this app.2step:cloud .3step:cellular data warning.4step:turn off cellular data warning.hope it works for u 2...

Cakes_03

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

I have a strange thing happening to my phone at the moment. When I put my phone on to 'Sound' and then unlock my phone, I get a 2 tone beeping sound constantly playing and wont stop. If I turn it onto silent its fine, but turning it back on, the sound plays :/. I have restarted the phone and shut it down but nothing.

Any ideas?

I had the same annoying sound... I've now disabled my NFC setting on the drop down panel and it seems to have stopped completely.. try that.

So glad I can't hear it anymore! Lol

Thanks

gingerling

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Had this in the galaxy note 5, to stop it go to:

Settings > NFC and payment > turn it off

It first did it at 3am and broke though my do not disturb mode. NOT happy. Then it started up again and went on for 20 mins, even after reboot, while I tried to find out what it was. Went though all my apps. I think it was something to do with the voice recorder thing on nfc, when I tapped to record the noise stopped. anyway, that is how to solve this monster!

Neil MacDonald1

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

Any ideas?

Hi I have the same issue with my S7 and had it before with my S5. It goes away if you turn down Notifications but the cause is magnets or magnetic straps on bank card. I use a flip cases with card holders. The noise happens when I unlock the phone and then at random times. When I removed the phone from the holder it stopped. When I passed the phone over my bank cards it sounded every time. Maybe it is something to do with Qi charging. Might be the sound it makes when it detects the charger.

nkall71

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I lost my S-Pen my phone kept making the double beeping noise. So I turned off all of the S-Pen settings. And ever since my phone has been quite. Hopefully this helps others. Good luck.

finary

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung s5 keeps making noise nothing running on phone told by meteor sales rep Samsung aware of this and going to fix problem in two weeks that was six weeks ago,driving me mad at times

RockHead#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend has a Nexus 5X, in a wallet case. My daughter has the same phone in a Spigen. GF's has made the stupid chirp since I bought it for her a year ago! Turned off NFC and it stopped. She carries her Boston MBTA card in the wallet case, which is an NFC card.

So glad I finally found this thread!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks