2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

Nkazimulo Khumalo

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Had this in the galaxy a5) 2016) , to stop it go to:

Settings > NFC and payment > turn it off

If you have a bank card in you phone case the NFC is what keeps beeping, either remove the card or switch off NFC and payments. This Worked for me
Thank you guys

Tessaj12

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a different sound that happens when I first look at my Samsung galaxy s4 in the mornings, or half way through the day it's a loud chiming sound. I have nothing running in the back ground and NFC has never been on. It keeps happening please help.

NATALIE BUSTINZA

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello!
My phone keeps on making the beeping sound everyday since last week and it said that I was being hacked and now it does not say that but it still makes the beeping sound . I uninstalled ever app then installed them again but it still does not work. I rebooted it and still does not work help!!( Coolpad)

jerbear197

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S7 and recently it started giving an audible two-tone sound every few minutes which made me think I received a text msg of some sort. Just got back from OZ where I had been playing around with the settings and I discovered that when I went into "More connection settings" and turned off "nearby device scanning" the problem went away....migh be worth checking out guys...

Andy Riley

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem last night bleep bleep bleep and did all the same things you had done Then I removed my chipped credit card from the protective case it stopped straight away

hope this helps
andy

Murloc Master

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Turning off nfc worked!
Thanks to everyone in the chat.
Finally i can use my phone without having me go crazy!
You can find nfc in the toolbar alongside with the Wi-Fi, sound, flight mode, screen rotation and all of that good stuff.

Goose9791

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
Re: 2 beep tone making me annoyed during call

I got the same problem but found out it my contactless bank card playing with the nfc on my phone I have a Samsung s6 with Samsung pay. If that helps anyone.

Dominic Ricard

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Stumbled on this thread yesterday after getting this weird beeping sound from my phone.

Since I think I found the reason behind the "problem", I will post my solution. Hopefully, this will help someone...

So, what this sound seems to indicate is a high discharge of the battery. It started doing this after an automatic update of one of my apps. The new version seems to have a bug that constantly uses the CPU, draining the battery at a crazy rate. (33% in less than 1 hour)

So, to make sure you have the same beeping sound, it's a very high pitch sound and its volume is set by the "media volume". (meaning that, while the beeping occurs, lowering /increasing media volume will affect the beeping loudness)

So, I uninstalled the defective app and voilà. No more beeping.

Enjoy!

Billy Snyder

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site

Stumbled on this thread yesterday after getting this weird beeping sound from my phone.

Since I think I found the reason behind the "problem", I will post my solution. Hopefully, this will help someone...

So, what this sound seems to indicate is a high discharge of the battery. It started doing this after an automatic update of one of my apps. The new version seems to have a bug that constantly uses the CPU, draining the battery at a crazy rate. (33% in less than 1 hour)

So, to make sure you have the same beeping sound, it's a very high pitch sound and its volume is set by the "media volume". (meaning that, while the beeping occurs, lowering /increasing media volume will affect the beeping loudness)

So, I uninstalled the defective app and voilà. No more beeping.

Enjoy!

Dom,
Do you remember the offending app? Just updated 20....

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site

Hey! I had the same problem and I realised it was my oyster card in my case! I think it's making the same beeping sound with contactless cards too. As soon as I took my oyster out it stopped and when I put my oyster to the screen again it started beeping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn