Got my S4 and Pebble today - Awesome-pebble-s4.2.jpg
    05-25-2013 06:26 PM
    Congrats. Look nice.
    05-25-2013 10:48 PM
    So jealous of that pebble watch!

I've been on that wait list for awhile now

Posted via Android Central App
    05-25-2013 11:14 PM
    What is the wallpaper you are using, looks awesome!
    05-26-2013 12:43 AM
    Oragami Live Wallpaper

05-26-2013 10:02 AM
    What is that watch called and where can I get one?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 10:06 AM
    What is that watch called and where can I get one?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    It's called a Pebble Watch
    05-26-2013 10:52 AM
    Can wait.. I got my S4 on launch date and my pebble should be here next week!
    05-26-2013 12:53 PM
    I agree with the OP, the Pebble works great with the Galaxy S4. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't have the watch connected and use some of the Samsung software features like smart stay and air view. Or, at least, I get a warning that I can't enable those features and have the Pebble accessibility service on as well. It's honestly not a big deal, as I'd probably disable them anyway.
    05-26-2013 01:16 PM
    Nice. What weather widget are you using?
    05-26-2013 02:05 PM
    Beautiful widgets.
    05-26-2013 02:06 PM
    I don't think I can do without features like Smart Stay. One of my favorite things about the GS4. The other issue i had is that when i enable the Pebble setting on my phone, it also turned on TalkBack. Did you have the same experience. I noticed it when i went to use my browser and the phone started speaking out loud telling me that the page was loading.

I agree with the OP, the Pebble works great with the Galaxy S4. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't have the watch connected and use some of the Samsung software features like smart stay and air view. Or, at least, I get a warning that I can't enable those features and have the Pebble accessibility service on as well. It's honestly not a big deal, as I'd probably disable them anyway.
    06-09-2013 12:38 AM
    Very exciting day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pebble S4.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	506.1 KB 
ID:	69451

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pebble S4.2.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	663.0 KB 
ID:	69450
    Wow that watch is tight....how do you text on it??
    06-09-2013 12:53 AM
    Nice looking watch, I remember now when they used to make beeper watches.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2013 01:28 AM
    I really want this watch!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-09-2013 07:22 AM
    Its sad that with such a nice phone and awesome watch, I'm left noticing the ugly *** Verizon billboard on the back cover.

06-09-2013 09:49 AM
    I don't think I can do without features like Smart Stay. One of my favorite things about the GS4. The other issue i had is that when i enable the Pebble setting on my phone, it also turned on TalkBack. Did you have the same experience. I noticed it when i went to use my browser and the phone started speaking out loud telling me that the page was loading.
    Yeah, I get the same thing - it also talks in the browser gallery when selecting a picture or group of pictures. I disabled Talkback and still get those voice notifications. Plus, the top and bottom lines in the gallery refuse to go away, even if you tap on the picture or wait a few seconds. You can always select your pictures through the camera app and it won't have those headers and footers. Also, you can use a different browser (personally, prefer Chrome) and you won't have the page loading voice. All of this goes away if I turn off Pebble in the Accessibility menu, but obviously I prefer not to do that, since it removes the Pebble's functionality as a smartwatch.
    06-09-2013 11:44 AM
    As of now, there isn't a way to text on the watch. It basically takes texts, emails, and phone call notifications from your phone and displays them on your wrist - it also lights up and vibrates so you don't miss them. It connects via Bluetooth, the battery (for me) lasts about 7 days before it needs a recharge, and there are literally hundreds of free watch faces to download and try out (check out mypebblefaces.com for an idea of what I'm talking about). The design team recently updated the watch's firmware with 2-way communication, so you can get weather updates and send pre-programmed text responses to your contacts. I was a Kickstarter backer, so I got the black watch for $110, but you can order them now in any color they make (black, red, orange, gray, and white) for $150. You can also replace the rubber strap with any band you want, like the OP did.
    06-09-2013 11:57 AM
    Is that a different launcher you are running.

06-09-2013 02:31 PM
    I was looking at the Sony Smartwatch, unfortunately it will only send a text that is predefined on your smartphone.
    06-09-2013 02:56 PM
    Yeah, I get the same thing - it also talks in the browser gallery when selecting a picture or group of pictures. I disabled Talkback and still get those voice notifications. Plus, the top and bottom lines in the gallery refuse to go away, even if you tap on the picture or wait a few seconds. You can always select your pictures through the camera app and it won't have those headers and footers. Also, you can use a different browser (personally, prefer Chrome) and you won't have the page loading voice. All of this goes away if I turn off Pebble in the Accessibility menu, but obviously I prefer not to do that, since it removes the Pebble's functionality as a smartwatch.
    This is the ONLY thing HOLDING me back from getting the Pebble.

The Pebble REQUIRES the use of "Talkback" notification and for Samsung phone (S4, S4 Active), this:
    1). DISABLE MultiView
    2). Make the phone "SPEAK" in many interface. I.e. scrolling home page make the phone goes "PAGE ONE OF xxx".

It is a BUG from Samsung, happened since the GS3 I believe and knowing Samsung, it won't be fixed anytime soon...
    08-12-2013 09:36 AM