(Re-posting this from Sprint's S4 forum for wider viewing)

I saw this post by user 'cityw5' on the Sprint community forum (Sprint Community: Sprint says u can move apps to SD?)

These are supposed to be instructions from Sprint on how to move apps to the sdcard.
    __
    Over on the sprint facebook page, a sprint rep posted instructions to move apps to SD on the S4:

Here are the instructions: First select APPS>MY FILES> ALL FILES> SD CARD0> ANDROID> DATA> SELECT apps you want to move to SD card> tap the icon in the upper right hand corner next to the trash can (Icon is three horizontal lines)> select MOVE> EXT SD CARD> ANDROID> DATA> MOVE HERE and these are the steps on how you can move your applications to the external SD card. Let me know if this helps - Aron B.

Has anyone tried this? Does it actually work? Or does it at least move data to the SD card, because that could at least help with memory issues with the 8gb S4 (that's what I call it )
    __

Please let us know if this is allows the apps to be run from the sdcard or is just moving the apk's to the sdcard by making the app unrunnable.

Thanks.
    05-26-2013 12:42 PM

I saw this post by user 'cityw5' on the Sprint community forum (Sprint Community: Sprint says u can move apps to SD?)

These are supposed to be instructions from Sprint on how to move apps to the sdcard.
    __
    Over on the sprint facebook page, a sprint rep posted instructions to move apps to SD on the S4:

Here are the instructions: First select APPS>MY FILES> ALL FILES> SD CARD0> ANDROID> DATA> SELECT apps you want to move to SD card> tap the icon in the upper right hand corner next to the trash can (Icon is three horizontal lines)> select MOVE> EXT SD CARD> ANDROID> DATA> MOVE HERE and these are the steps on how you can move your applications to the external SD card. Let me know if this helps - Aron B.

Has anyone tried this? Does it actually work? Or does it at least move data to the SD card, because that could at least help with memory issues with the 8gb S4 (that's what I call it )
    __

Please let us know if this is allows the apps to be run from the sdcard or is just moving the apk's to the sdcard by making the app unrunnable.

Thanks.
    well, that's worth almost nothing at all...

in that folder you can find just the cache for the applications... you can clear that out anyway, because moving those files to the SD card won't make them available for those apps to use... they will create a new cache file upon needed by them.... you are not moving any apk's in here, because there are none
    gabbott and dacbeth like this.
    05-26-2013 02:37 PM
    well, that's worth almost nothing at all...

in that folder you can find just the cache for the applications... you can clear that out anyway, because moving those files to the SD card won't make them available for those apps to use... they will create a new cache file upon needed by them.... you are not moving any apk's in here, because there are none
    Thank you

Posted via Android Central App
    05-26-2013 06:44 PM

__

__

Thanks.
    Read these instructions carefully: "First select APPS>MY FILES> ALL FILES> SD CARD0> ANDROID> DATA> SELECT apps you want to move to SD card> tap the icon in the upper right hand corner next to the trash can (Icon is three horizontal lines)> select MOVE> EXT SD CARD> ANDROID> DATA> MOVE HERE "

Your finding in Android, Data on the SD Card and moving to Android, Data on the SD Card. Makes no sense.
    05-26-2013 11:32 PM
    From everything I have read so far, Apps to SD is not possible sang few as on SG3. It is not a Samsung issue. My understanding is Jelly Bean doesn't allow this. The SD card now is only functional for all non app data like music, photos, documents, etc. I have a 64GB SD card in my SG3 and when I found out no apps to SD I flipped mostly because I would have spent an extra $50 and purchased a 32GB version vs. the 16 GB one that has about 2 GB left on it.

Posted via the new and improved Android Central App
    05-27-2013 12:02 AM