Help me launch S Voice without the loud beep

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have just started using the Verizon Galaxy S4, and want to be able to use S voice to enter new appointments in my calendar, but when I double click the home button to launch S voice it makes a loud beep that I do not want. I found the button that keeps S voice from talking back, but it doesnt silence that first beep. I can only reduce the volume of the beep by reducing the media volume in settings. I have system noise volume turned off but i like to have my media volume loud, why is the beep of the S voice considered media instead of system sounds? Is there any other way to turn it off? Should I just use google voice instead?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No way to disable it on stock. Maybe someone else will find it annoying and come up with a custom ROM or modified APK, but if you're sticking to what Samsung loaded up, then you're stuck. I don't think it should beep if you're in vibrate/silent mode, but it does... In any case, I seldom use S-Voice, I find Google Search/Google Now more efficient (and more natural voice feedback, too)

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Can Google now perform phone specific functions like entering calendar appointments or sending texts like s voice does?

Posted via Android Central App

Jade Anomaly

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. My beep went away and I want it back. The behavior changed and I don't know when or why. It used to work like yours but not now. If I use the home button it opens and waits for me to say "Hi Galaxy" first instead of beeping and being ready for a command. But doesn't work out very well with my headphones. I don't know if it's active or not, so I have to say "Hi Galaxy" blindly and hope it's listening, then if it was I hear a beep and can give a command. It's really not what I want.

IMHO Samsung has really been messing up lately. When I got my S4 last summer it was great, everything just worked. But after a few updates I'm now up to 4.2.2 and it's a constant frustration as I keep finding things 'broken'. I wish I could go back. I don't know if Samsung broke this part of something I put on it did. But either way I'd sure love to have that beep back. If anyone knows how I can get it back I'd love to know.