Samsung S4 very slow

sandeepku

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is my 1st android phone. I bought it a week back and now its very slow. Even the basic operations like swiping to unlock and texting is also a pain. It takes 2 or 3 secs to display a letter after typing. And also i think the sensors are not so effective or i even doubt if they are really working because when i try to hover an album in my gallery, it wont highlight the album. I even tried in settings where it asks you to 'try', also, when in lock screen, you know how you hover your finger over the screen and you can see a ripple following your finger.it doesnt work too.. out of all i'm really worried about the speed. Is it the same for every s4 or something is wrong with my phone ? Do i have to replace with a new one?? or Do i have to back up and restore once?? If yes tell me how to do it?

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm also a first time android user, bought the gs4 last week. I found that changing screens, loading apps were a bit laggy, a bit stutterey, but definitely not the amount you are experiencing ...

Alon_N

May 26, 2013
Visit site
What I do to fix problems like this is try doing a battery pull or in the task manager you can end all the apps and clear the RAM also close backround apps

Posted via Android Central App

proels

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm also brand new to android. I followed steps recommended in a "how to speed up touchwiz" article where I entered developer mode and disabled the animation displays. I also disabled the eye tracking, and verizon software I found running in the background.

I'm very happy with the speed after these changes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MikeA86

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Dumb idea, but try turning it off and back on. Fixes most disagreeable electronics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams