I just got the S4. Nice phone but one of my pet peeves is advertising on devices I've paid for and while not technically ads, every time I turn around I am getting some freaking pop-up about some service on the phone that i did not select. Is this normal? As an example I was just doing something and out of nowhere I get a freaking pop-up about Google Now and how great it is. I am having a hard time believing this is normal.

Thanks
    05-26-2013 06:53 PM
    This might be some app you downloaded, maybe some carrier's messages promoting something, but not actually sure....

Could you please try and attach a screenshot of what you are looking at?
    05-27-2013 02:14 AM
    Thanks. I now realize that the specific instance above was user error, sort of. I had clicked on Google search which in turn launched Google Now. That type of thing is really confusing to the user because you're not expecting launching Google search to try and sign you up for Google Now.

The main thing I keep experience again and again is idiotic tips and reminders that I can't seem to shut off. Evernote has now popped up a tutorial multiple times that it seems to want to force me to step through. And I am constantly getting freaking warnings that the app I want to use "may consume data and am I sure I don't want to connect to a local wifi network". I've tried to select "don't warn me again" and the next thing I know I'm being warned again. A lot of settings seem buried in places I'm not used to looking for them so maybe I can turn this crap off but right now a great phone is being ruined for me with all these warnings.
    05-28-2013 04:24 PM