Gallery Problem Galaxy s4 I9500

mtauseefsa

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
In gallery, the screen or picture won't go into full screen, the top bar or bottom row of images stays in sight. Is anyone else having this problem? I've already done a hard reset and it fixed it but now it's back to having the problem. I disabled, google and samsung TTS, i have no LightFlow installed. Still having this problem. Who can help?

Brad Moss

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
It is an issue related with applications that use the accessibility feature. Would you happen to own a pebble watch or have some other 3rd party app that is listed under accessibility? Even with talkback disabled it still screws this up. Quick test is to open the gallery app and press and hold on a photo... if your phone starts shouting "The checkbox is currently checked" then you have some app using accessibility. I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere for this issue. I have a pebble watch and have disabled 3rd party notification support just so I can avoid this annoyance.

Hope this helps to know someone else has had this happen as well.

Disabling all accessibility items WILL fix it.

vpwrf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and have apps that need the accessibility feature so don't want to disable all accessibility items. Is it possible to fix this without disabling all accessibility items?

Burkhardi

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
It is an issue related with applications that use the accessibility feature. Would you happen to own a pebble watch or have some other 3rd party app that is listed under accessibility? Even with talkback disabled it still screws this up. Quick test is to open the gallery app and press and hold on a photo... if your phone starts shouting "The checkbox is currently checked" then you have some app using accessibility. I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere for this issue. I have a pebble watch and have disabled 3rd party notification support just so I can avoid this annoyance.

Hope this helps to know someone else has had this happen as well.

Disabling all accessibility items WILL fix it.

yes, big time help and yes, I have a Pebble too...

Brad Moss

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually figured out another fix that will allow you to have 3rd party notifications without having it yell "The checkbox is currently checked". Download SVOX Classic TTS and do not download a language pack. Then go to settings, my device, language and input, text-to-speech options and choose SVOX Classic TTS. This will prevent your phone from talking but there is still a odd bug where when watching a video with the Samsung video player if you tap the screen to show controls they won't go away no matter what unless you rotate to portrait and then back. Silly stuff. I'm seriously considering flashing this with the Google Play Edition rom and trying to find the APK's to the stuff that matters to me like S Health.

Sam Crane

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am running nova launcher with the dashclock widget. I added The music extension which activated talkback even though talkback was checked to off in the menu. I started to notice that the stock internet would tell me "webpage loading" and "Loaded". also I found I was having issues with the gallery and video player. As suggested I checked out my accessibility settings and found that the music notifier was checked to on and enabled talk back to run in the background. Turning this feature off fixed all the previously mentioned issues and the music notifier still works with out the setting enabled. So glad to figure this out as it has been driving me crazy for a few weeks now.