Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm far from what people would consider a "heavy user," but I charged my phone to 100% yesterday, took it off of the chargr at 6:00 AM ....used it through out the day doing surfing, watching a few short You Tube videos, making a few phone calls, and sending a bunch of texts..... streaming audio for maybe close to an hour! All this done with wifi radio active and GPS disabled.....I have my S4 set up for energy saver! But at 10:00 PM last night, I still had over 40% battery life left. I would consider that pretty damn good!

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone all the time, texts, vibration on, Youtube, Whatsapp, Wifi as well, AND I play CPU intensive games like Sonic the Hedgehog, and my battery goes about 2.5 days. I charge it at about 15-20%, so I could probably get the extra half day if it went right to zero. I'm not used to this kind of battery, especially after coming off a Torch 9800 (Codename: BS, or "Battery Sucker").

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess I would consider myself a heavy user. I take it off the charger about 7am and on average my phone would run out of juice around 9pm. In my opinion, that's pretty good considering that I would play some games and surf the internet most of the time. I also do a lot of texting too. I put my phone to work :D

Sent from my GT-I9500

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone all the time, texts, vibration on, Youtube, Whatsapp, Wifi as well, AND I play CPU intensive games like Sonic the Hedgehog, and my battery goes about 2.5 days. I charge it at about 15-20%, so I could probably get the extra half day if it went right to zero. I'm not used to this kind of battery, especially after coming off a Torch 9800 (Codename: BS, or "Battery Sucker").

I hope I can get close to this good of battery life.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely not a power user to the extent of some folks here. Mine has been on the battery for about 30 hours and is just below 50%. That includes texting, phone calls, some internet use, some light google maps use. I'm coming from a Charge which I had to charge in the middle of the day with similar use. I'm loving this.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Took off the charger at 5AM. It's just now 4PM and its down to 50%. Fairly moderate use. It's doing something wonky with my wifi at work (when I take out my phone to look at something... even though I see that wifi is connected, it keeps telling me it has connected to my workplace's wifi about 5-10 seconds after I awaken the phone) so I'm assuming battery would be better (when I was off yesterday it was only around 40% after 18hrs).

Amazing battery compared to my Thunderbolt.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Gave up my razr maxx hd for an s4 purely for the camera. During my first few days wirh my s4 I was getting around 4 hours screen time on a charge. But after a few tweeks I am up to around 8. Turn off the samsumg gesture crap after the novelty wears off then install snapdragon guru and you will double your battery life easy. My s4 is close to my razr now and at the end of a hard usage day I have 40% left.

Posted via Android Central App

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Gave up my razr maxx hd for an s4 purely for the camera. During my first few days wirh my s4 I was getting around 4 hours screen time on a charge. But after a few tweeks I am up to around 8. Turn off the samsumg gesture crap after the novelty wears off then install snapdragon guru and you will double your battery life easy. My s4 is close to my razr now and at the end of a hard usage day I have 40% left.

Posted via Android Central App

Post Screenshots of your 8 hours of screen on time or it didn't happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Battery time is subjective and will vary user to user. Please keep the conversations civil. Thank you.

Jennifer

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Off the charger around 6AM, used pretty frequently throughout the day & it's good til about 8PM. Does simply having the air gestures on drain the battery, or is it only when they're in use?

ksung4

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, how do you get such good battery life?
Do you have a screen shot?
I just got the galaxy s4 a week ago, and I feel like the most I can get is 2.5 Screen ON time with about 9ish hours until my battery reaches 2%. I have all the same things disabled.
What do you think?
Thanks!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, how do you get such good battery life?
Do you have a screen shot?
I just got the galaxy s4 a week ago, and I feel like the most I can get is 2.5 Screen ON time with about 9ish hours until my battery reaches 2%. I have all the same things disabled.
What do you think?
Thanks!

I get a little better than that. With ALL features turned off and barely used, I would get 12-15 hours tops. My daughter who has it now only uses it for texting and you tube and she's getting about the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz