Keys "Sticking" and Lags in Typing

jtphenom

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I was not getting notifications that there were all these new replies.

I took my second phone back and got it replaced. Third time is the charm. Problem is completely gone! :)

The problem was not as bad when I adjusted long press duration or turned off some smart settings, but it was definitely still there. Anyway, I shouldn't have to turn off all the great features just to have a good experience. That's just on principal. I think most, if not all, would agree.

Thanks for all input!

rabgalls

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
i have had this problem twice now and returned my first phone due to it.... i am glad to say that because of your post regarding "smart settings" it is now fixed : ) many thanks

Malcolmywb

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi jtphenom, I've the EXACT problems you listed.... Once I traded in my S3 for this S4 three days ago this same problem haunted me again..... Why I changed to a S3 a year ago was because I had the exact same problem on my Iphone ! I didn't encounter this issue on my S3 but typing on my whatsapp or sending a normal sms is a nightmare !

One deletion of a letter can erase the entire paragraph !

Anyway I'm trying out your suggestion. Will update soon on the result. Thanks

lizpiper

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Got my Galaxy Active a few months ago, and I am experiencing the same "sticking". It's intermittent, but reacts just as OP described, as if your finger was holding down the "key" and cycling through all its possible variations.
I'll try disabling the smart rotate, but may have to take it back. Just didn't want to leave it as if OP was the only one in the universe with the problem.

Patriciark

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I gave up SwiftKey, installed a keyboard from xda with auto correct and it's working well.
Sad about this issue with SwiftKey cause I really love the way that it makes predictions, almost reading our minds. :/

polocanada

May 10, 2014
Visit site
No point in reviving an old posting but just to add five cents on how I resolved similar issue with lag on typing keys.. the keys actually did type pretty OK, but there was a lag in displaying the letter above the key typed. This issue was on Samsung keyboard but more so on Swiftkey which would display the letter after a 500mili-second delay.

I solved it by removing the "Magnification" feature in "Accessibility" which I had turned on. This solved it. The Magnification causes issues. It's designed to zoom the screen when you click on anywhere on the screen (well except on the keyboard - but that restriction didn't work reliably)..

Interestingly, the Magnification issue is on 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 newer and older devices doesn't matter, it depends on processing power. Newer Galaxy phone had the issue but an older Galaxy tablet doesn't. (And yes, I checked the power-saving to make sure I didn't select "reduce CPU" option, but that didn't have impact on the Magnification and letter typing issue).

Bottom line - if you experience lag issue when typing on keyboard, make sure you are not using Magnification feature.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You may have some APP that is causing the problem. Maybe something like a game that uses a lot of computer time! I would delete a bunch of apps and see if that solves the problem! Do a restart after deleting the apps!

Chris Venizelos

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Fri 11
Dec 2015
Hi

My HTC free full 3D phone also sticks in touch keyboard. I can not type in username and password for my email! It does this in keyboards of other languages as well.

I thought it was a virus or a Trojan [but the Trojan horse already happened about last month bringing the end of the city of ilium or Troy].

Thanks about factory reset. I will try to factory reset.

If you have the receipt for your phone which is less than a year old, I think it can be replaced for free.

Try lint free cloth [which I use for real 3D games]?

Chris Veniz-new-south-wales-elos

jinjermc

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Have 2 Galaxy S7 edge phones. Both experience this lagging and sticking issue. Samsung phones always have bugs no matter how much I like them. Any true resolutions, not pat answers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance