High capacity battery recommendation?

larryinfl

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Did not see an answer for this looking around, so my apologies if I missed it somewhere.

Is there a quality high capacity battery replacement for the S4? I don't want a $10 China generic. I want to pay a bit more for a quality battery.

Thanks for Any feedback!

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've read somewhere on this site some used the brand Anker as backup battery. You can research some more.

As for me, I bought the Samsung Extra Battery Kit. Comes with extra original Samsung Battery. Not bad.

20130531_203447_zpse1aafccc.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

tibetsmoke

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I am curious about the same thing. I just recently switch to the S4 from the iPhone 5 and now I am looking for a better battery since it seems to only make it about half a day.

Herege

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion BlackRock5tar :)
I just ordered 1 of those battery's as well :)

Hope it's better than the original one.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just purchased one today was at beach and my stock battery went as low as 2% and shut off.I decided to purchase one for those long days without ability to charge.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Hyperion 5200mAh and it goes multiple days...even when I'm browsing, YouTube, email, texting, listening to Pandora...it's far more than I need.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I JUST PURCHASED AN ANKER 5200MAH BATTERY WITH ONE DAY SHIPPING IT COST ME 31.59

THE QUALITY IS AMAZING CURRENTLY CHARGING IT AS WE SPEAK BUT THE REVIEW ARE AT LEAST 2 DAYS WITHOUT HAVING TO RECHARGE

HOPE THIS HELPS
Amazon.com: Anker? 5200mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4, GT-I9500, With White Back Cover [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

does support nfc and sbeam as well !

CHEERS

I have this product and it is quite good. The back cover fits very nicely. I also have a hyperion case to cover the extended battery because it is too big for my normal case. I used it for a few days and then went back to the original battery and case. There is nothing wrong with the Anker, it fact it is quite good, but I tweeked my S4 and I am getting through the day with it. If I see a need for a day of extra heavy use, or going on a trip, I would switch batteries.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased this battery and I am loving it went off charger at 9:30 am yesterday and by 11:30 last night with very heavy usage I was at 20%. The stock battery with same usage with have gotten me to approx 4pm

BlackRock5tar

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the zerolemon 7500 for 40 bucks off amazon. Ill be sure to let you guys know how the battery functions after a couple days. As for the anker battery after another week of heavy usage still an amazing battery for people looking to extra heavy usage.

The zerolemon one im put to the test because when i tour i dont always have an outlet !
let you guys know soon !

Craigyc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have just ordered the ZeroLemon 7500mah battery and also the 3000mah battery! The 3000 is the same size as the stock battery but does not have NFC which is no biggie for me as I have never used it!

Looking forward to getting them and I will let you guys know how they perform!

I ordered from amazon.com to the UK. Cost about ?48 in total

BlackRock5tar

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So guys after a month with the zerolemk. 7500mah battery... heavy usage with screen on bright 2days max... moderate heavy usage with auto brightness on 3 and half days... heavy usage with every thing on day and a half hope this helps guys !! :)

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So guys after a month with the zerolemk. 7500mah battery... heavy usage with screen on bright 2days max... moderate heavy usage with auto brightness on 3 and half days... heavy usage with every thing on day and a half hope this helps guys !! :)

Thanks for the feedback! 1.5-3.5 days moderate to heavy use is awesome. Can't wait to receive mine. I just ordered from Amazon with additional $14+ shipping fee to Asia.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't that massive battery add to the bulk of the phone?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Seidio 4500 battery for a month and I must say I am disappointed considering the cost. I never have more than 2 hours screen time. Off charge at 7:30 and done about midnight. Most days finish around 50? or so. I do have some apps that update a lot, the Good app for my work email and calendar. I also stream music via Bluetooth a lot while in my car. I am an account rep so I am in the car a lot.

I just Bought the Anker 5200 for $25 to give it a try. Today is day one, but my initial impression is positive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app