05-29-2013 02:22 PM
148 1234 ...
tools
    And with that, I'm exiting the thread. No need to go down this road again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-2013 08:25 PM
    That'd be like asking if knowing the manufacturer of a device you are interested in has to resort to smear campaigns to upsale their device would effect your purchasing decision. Wouldn't that make you feel like the device was subpar and might not be a good choice compared to the competitor, if even the manufacturer feels threatened?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Jennifer, as you can see from many HTC One owners in this thread duplicitous behavior by the manufacture of their phone isn't a problem. They would buy even if the company was being less than honest about the phone sales. My question to Kevin really had nothing to do smear campaigns or moral behavior. I was asking if the viability of a company based on the factors I stated would influence his buying decision. Not sure how you equated a smear campaign with product support.
    05-27-2013 08:28 PM
    So instead of defending a defensive comment of a defensive posters defensive post that we took offense to and whether that offensive post was intended to be justifiably defensive... We just like our phones lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    tohio, kbp08tls and DS1331 like this.
    05-27-2013 08:31 PM
    And with that, I'm exiting the thread. No need to go down this road again.

You seriously suggested I post this in the HTC One Forum? Ha Ha Ha What do you think the Moderators response would be over there? I specifically posted it here to avoid that problem.
    05-27-2013 08:31 PM
    Jennifer, as you can see from many HTC One owners in this thread duplicitous behavior by the manufacture of their phone isn't a problem. They would buy even if the company was being less than honest about the phone sales. My question to Kevin really had nothing to do smear campaigns or moral behavior. I was asking if the viability of a company based on the factors I stated would influence his buying decision. Not sure how you equated a smear campaign with product support.
    Yes, that is a point I made earlier in the thread. be as it may, you are correct, you didn't specifically mention morality. However, lying about their sales numbers aren't going to fix their financial problems, nor would it help keep the company afloat, as you posted in the first post that they were doing so to "stay alive." HTC isnt going anywhere anytime soon. They need reformation, yes, but they are not yet crashing. Motorola was in much worse shape and managed to stay afloat while still producing phones and offering support to their devices.

tohio likes this.
    05-27-2013 08:34 PM
    Yes, I would and will buy the One anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-2013 08:34 PM
    Flame bait.

And people fall for it everytime... lol
    Well, good thing you didn't fall for it and post here...Oh wait....
    05-27-2013 08:36 PM
    Yes, that is a point I made earlier in the thread. be as it may, you are correct, you didn't specifically mention morality. However, lying about their sales numbers aren't going to fix their financial problems, nor would it help keep the company afloat, as you posted in the first post that they were doing so to "stay alive." HTC isnt going anywhere anytime soon. They need reformation, yes, but they are not yet crashing. Motorola was in much worse shape and managed to stay afloat while still producing phones and offering support to their devices.

Well, I guess if Google bought HTC they would survive also.
    05-27-2013 08:38 PM
    I've been a mod over at TreoCentral and webOS Nation for years. We had such a sad issue with AC members trolling webOS nation. Coming over to crap on webOS users because Android Rocks, and WebOS Sucks.
    I've had an Android for about 2-1/2 years. Over the years Ive poked my head in here from time to time. One thing I've noticed lately that really concerns me is the rivalry amongst android users. Please don't let yourselves get caught up in spats between manufacturers. Please don't let your phones cause strife between one another in the forums. It makes no sense.
    -Berd
    ffejjj, kbp08tls and swarlos like this.
    05-27-2013 08:43 PM
    LOL looks like the HTC One has got people's attention, even the S4 owners. What is the real point of this thread anyway, what is it you really want to say ?
    05-27-2013 08:46 PM
    Well, I guess if Google bought HTC they would survive also.
    This post looks like nothing but a jab at HTC.
    05-27-2013 08:52 PM
    I've been a mod over at TreoCentral and webOS Nation for years. We had such a sad issue with AC members trolling webOS nation. Coming over to crap on webOS users because Android Rocks, and WebOS Sucks.
    I've had an Android for about 2-1/2 years. Over the years Ive poked my head in here from time to time. One thing I've noticed lately that really concerns me is the rivalry amongst android users. Please don't let yourselves get caught up in spats between manufacturers. Please don't let your phones cause strife between one another in the forums. It makes no sense.
    -Berd
    Not a student of human nature huh? When I was in the Army squad members would argue and fight amongst themselves. But let another squad challenge your fellow squad member and your squad would untie as one against the other squad. Platoons (made up of squads) competed against and bad mouthed the other platoons in the company but let another company challenge yours and your whole company would defend unite against the other. That behavior continued all the way up the line until it was the Army against the Navy, Air Force or Marines. But of course when war occurred we were all one military. That's the way human nature is. You and your brother (Android Users) can argue continuously but let another person (iOS users) criticize your brother and suddenly you are defending him. I'm sure you had good intentions with your post but you are tilting at windmills. Millions of years of human development and interaction will not be changed by a forum post.
    DS1331 and MikeB17 like this.
    05-27-2013 08:58 PM
    Least HTC doesn't pay people to trash the competitions products

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Samsung was never officially caught doing this.

To be honest, there were more people playing against the S4 this time around (press wise and in forums)
    05-27-2013 09:02 PM
    You seriously suggested I post this in the HTC One Forum? Ha Ha Ha What do you think the Moderators response would be over there? I specifically posted it here to avoid that problem.
    I wouldn't think you were just flame baiting.

05-27-2013 09:06 PM
    It would be more relevent in the ONE forum, since that what the article is about.

05-27-2013 09:07 PM
    I wouldn't think you were just flame baiting.

If you are serious then I'll post it over there.
    05-27-2013 09:09 PM
    First off I haven't read all of the posts here due to all the arguing and overseers stepping in.

....But the Wall Street Journal reported May 22nd:

HTC has sold around 5 million One smartphones since its launch about a month ago, said the HTC executive.

"Orders are pretty good so far and are still more than what we can supply. This is partly due to the shortage of components. When the issue is resolved next month, we will have a better idea if it's doing really well or not," he said.

I'd say it's a qualified success from a numbers standpoint. And more power to them! We the consumers need strong manufacturers competing against each other in the marketplace.

Evidently the HTC First has been pulled off the market due to ... what, not even people want the first Facebook Android phone?
    05-27-2013 09:11 PM
    If you are serious then I'll post it over there.
    Well it's too late now.

But seriously, next time you want to post something controversial like this PM me first and I'll offer suggestions to make it less heated. :-) The wording makes all the difference.

05-27-2013 09:12 PM
    First off I haven't read all of the posts here due to all the arguing and overseers stepping in.

HTC has sold around 5 million One smartphones since its launch about a month ago, said the HTC executive.

"Orders are pretty good so far and are still more than what we can supply. This is partly due to the shortage of components. When the issue is resolved next month, we will have a better idea if it's doing really well or not," he said.

I'd say it's a qualified success from a numbers standpoint. And more power to them! We the consumers need strong manufacturers competing against each other in the marketplace.

Evidently the HTC First has been pulled off the market due to ... what, not even people want the first Facebook Android phone?
    It was a bit of a dud. Wasn't the HTC status also an android facebook centered phone?

05-27-2013 09:12 PM

Wilbur, the article I cited in the OP and other sites are quoting an unnamed HTC executive as saying the 5 million wasn't an official number. That may mean the actual figures were more or less than 5 million.
    05-27-2013 09:14 PM

I wish I could remember where, but I read that Facebook was supposed to hold off on releasing Home on the Play Store. Not sure how true it is, but knowing how much inside baseball is played with stuff like this it makes sense. The people that would've bought the First for the Facebook stuff instead just used the launcher.

05-27-2013 09:21 PM
    Not a student of human nature huh? When I was in the Army squad members would argue and fight amongst themselves. But let another squad challenge your fellow squad member and your squad would untie as one against the other squad. Platoons (made up of squads) competed against and bad mouthed the other platoons in the company but let another company challenge yours and your whole company would defend unite against the other. That behavior continued all the way up the line until it was the Army against the Navy, Air Force or Marines. But of course when war occurred we were all one military. That's the way human nature is. You and your brother (Android Users) can argue continuously but let another person (iOS users) criticize your brother and suddenly you are defending him. I'm sure you had good intentions with your post but you are tilting at windmills. Millions of years of human development and interaction will not be changed by a forum post.
    Not trying to change the world.
    Just giving you and other members some considerate advice on how to get along with others. But if your human nature to wrangle is too strong for you to get a handle on, then I hope perhaps some here will benefit themselves by my post.
    05-27-2013 09:32 PM
    Who cares how much a phone sold?

Fact is the one is a great phone, period.

It's on my short list of phones I'd like.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-27-2013 09:33 PM
    Anyone seen my stapler?

Who cares about sales figures? Just get the device you like and be done with it. Both the S4 and One bring things to the table. The sales figures don't play a part in what I buy. I get the device I want, based on my personal research, not sales figures. Do you ask how many "X brand" cars are sold before you bought the one you have? I doubt it.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    05-27-2013 09:39 PM
    Well it's too late now.

But seriously, next time you want to post something controversial like this PM me first and I'll offer suggestions to make it less heated. :-) The wording makes all the difference.

He knew what words he was choosing.
    He has carefully chosen the words for his posts throughout this thread. He finds enjoyment in baiting.
    05-27-2013 09:42 PM
148 1234 ...