05-29-2013 02:22 PM
148 ... 3456
tools
    Posted last before I saw your post. It appears that the issue of shipped vs sold is a moot point since, from the manufactures stand point they are the same thing. Agreed?
    Absolutely.
    Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    05-28-2013 10:20 PM
    I worked for an "Authorized Retailer" so I can tell you how it works for them (and maybe draw some conclusions about corporate stores, too). They pay full price for the phone upfront. After six months of the customer paying their bill and keeping service on they get reimbursed for the cost difference by the carrier (or at least in my case, AT&T). Does that mean that AT&T paid full price also? I'm not sure. I just know that AT&T third party retailers (technically, Authorized Retailers are second tier only to Corporate Stores) pay full price up front for the device. I imagine this could have changed in the past few years, though.

If they count shipped as sold (like my experience above) then activations wouldn't tell us much. If HTC gets full price upfront for each device that leaves their assembly line, then they don't care if they ever get activated (we could go into buyback agreements for unsold devices, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion and my knowledge on the matter).
    The cost difference is what? Wholesale versus retail cost? Or full price minus six months of payments??

{Have I walked into a conversation where some of the terms have already been defined?? haha}
    Aquila likes this.
    05-28-2013 10:29 PM
    I've seen this post before, its pretty funny. :thumbup: the apple line of products are all spectacular products, that I have been a consumer of. But doesn't mean I support the companies practices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    What she said.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-28-2013 10:31 PM
    For what it's worth I know more people with HTC ones than S4s. But i'm a nobody :what:

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-28-2013 10:32 PM
    The cost difference is what? Wholesale versus retail cost? Or full price minus six months of payments??

{Have I walked into a conversation where some of the terms have already been defined?? haha}
    Have to assume subsidized price the consumer paid the dealer versus the suggested retail value of the phone.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    05-28-2013 10:33 PM
    Have to assume subsidized price the consumer paid the dealer versus the suggested retail value of the phone.
    I got my wife's for $160 less than the price of the S4. This could certainly be a reason for HTC's good sales. I sent in an old blackberry and they gave me $110 for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-28-2013 10:38 PM
    New here are you? If I had posted this in the HTC One Forum there would have been a feces storm. Just look how many HTC One owners/lovers have posted here in the S4 Forum. And did you miss the part about, "those who come here looking for information?" Any one here is free to post the OP in the HTC Thread, including you. BTW, what the heck are you doing in you avatar photo?
    If I'm interested in the One, I'm going to be in the One forum, not the S4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-28-2013 10:42 PM

I respectfully disagree. It's good to garner information on other phones occasionally. Some of you folks act like two rival gangs that have territory staked out. It's a forum, not the south side of Androidville.
    05-28-2013 10:52 PM

I'm in every thread. I love it all.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila and Jennifer Stough like this.
    05-28-2013 10:56 PM

I respectfully disagree. It's good to garner information on other phones occasionally. Some of you folks act like two rival gangs that have territory staked out. It's a forum, not the south side of Androidville.
    I just lurk in this forum

S4, 10 million sold, HTC One ???-uploadfromtaptalk1369800461019.jpg

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    05-28-2013 11:07 PM

I wonder if there are stupid hamburger fanboys?
    berdinkerdickle and badbrad17 like this.
    05-28-2013 11:10 PM
    I just lurk in this forum

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369800461019.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	69833

Why do u have 3 "79"s in ur notification bar??
    05-28-2013 11:12 PM
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/13...cdonalds-1.jpg

I wonder if there are stupid hamburger fanboys?
    Burger king is better, obviously.

"Worth is not measured in worldly things, but instead in the compassion you have given unto others." via my droid DNA.
    05-28-2013 11:13 PM

"Worth is not measured in worldly things, but instead in the compassion you have given unto others." via my droid DNA.
    I've never been to In and out burger. Poor me.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Jerry Hildenbrand and Aquila like this.
    05-28-2013 11:20 PM
    Why do u have 3 "79"s in ur notification bar??
    One is battery level and two are weather apps (temperature). I like these little coincidences

05-28-2013 11:22 PM

But the Quarter Pounder benchmarks higher than the Whopper in Antutu.
    05-28-2013 11:42 PM
    But the Quarter Pounder benchmarks higher than the Whopper in Antutu.
    But its real life performance that counts!!!

05-28-2013 11:48 PM

See below....

Yep.
    05-29-2013 12:03 AM
    I don't hear or see one person use the word facetious besides myself for months at a time and I come to the forum and have seen it more than five times in a few short minutes. lol Carry on.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-29-2013 12:25 AM
    One is battery level and two are weather apps (temperature). I like these little coincidences

Lol such a full notification bar...personally I don't like more than one weather notification telling me the same info but hey each his own lol
    05-29-2013 12:57 AM
    Pretty funny that the first people to reply to this thread are all HTC One owners. What are you guys all doing it a Samsung Galaxy S4 forum (and yes of course you have every right to be here but why?)
    They have to make themselves feel good for buying a phone for no reason other than... "it has such a pretty aluminum body"... lol
    05-29-2013 01:02 AM
    They have to make themselves feel good for buying a phone for no reason other than... "it has such a pretty aluminum body"... lol
    Read the rest of the thread. Then realize what you stepped into. Then rethink your next post.
    05-29-2013 01:12 AM
    You may also want to read this http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/andro...54/story01.htm

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-29-2013 01:27 AM
    I don't hear or see one person use the word facetious besides myself for months at a time and I come to the forum and have seen it more than five times in a few short minutes. lol Carry on.
    I had the urge to respond to this post saying facetious about 50 times. But then I decided not to be facetious :-)

Aquila likes this.
    05-29-2013 02:45 AM
    Now that Samsung is considered the top dog (based on sales) in the android world their fan based is starting to remind of another company's fan base. LOL They are even defending some of the foolishness Samsung has pulled.

It's unbelievable the amount of loyalty one has over a company. What do get out of Samsung selling 10, 100 Million units?
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-29-2013 07:36 AM
148 ... 3456