S4, 10 million sold, HTC One ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The announcement of 10 million S4s sold came from the CEO of Samsung. The announcement of 5 million HTC Ones sold came from an unnamed source. Now another unnamed HTC unnamed source says that 5 million figure is not an official figure. Here's the article:

HTC One 5 million sales figure is not official : The Droid Guy

And before the flame throwers are lighted, I am providing this article for those who might be concerned about purchasing a phone from a company that might be inflating their sales figures to stay alive. On the other hand, the official figure could be more than 5 million. Time will tell.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If I were the only one to purchase the One I'd still get it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Agreed with the above comment I would still buy it who cares about sales this is the best phone iv ever had

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty funny that the first people to reply to this thread are all HTC One owners. What are you guys all doing it a Samsung Galaxy S4 forum (and yes of course you have every right to be here but why?)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just because it's a post about the htc one. We are the ones that bought it.

Not just that, I always surf all the forums that pertain to Android. Even though we have different devices there are always great ideas across the board. Setting tweaks, cool apps, screen setups... Always some positive things to learn no matter what device

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What was the point of posting this anyway? We all already know the information that you posted. It's a serious question. You had to know the types of responses you would get. Especially after your first reply.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
WHO CARES!?!?

HTC One is what I wanted and it's what I got. I'm happy with my decision. I don't care if Samsung sold a billion of just a hundred. Same goes for the HTC.

Sent from my HTC One

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Really though. I care about how well the devices are made and how well they do in real-world scenarios. Regardless of my personal opinions of the currently market-defining devices, I don't pass judgment on sales numbers, much less on numbers that more or may not be accurate. I've had a couple friends ask me about the HTC One and Galaxy S4 in the same conversation recently, and it makes me smile to see recognition for both devices in the general consumer base.

If we're going to discuss sales numbers and performance in this thread, make it as much of a constructive and productive discussion as possible. Anything less and the thread will inevitably be closed. Nobody likes that. :)

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What was the point of posting this anyway? We all already know the information that you posted. It's a serious question. You had to know the types of responses you would get. Especially after your first reply.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Unless you are being facetious please read the original post, especially after the part that says "I am providing this article for..." There are a multitude of posts on this site stating that the poster is trying to decide between one phone or another. Information about whether a phone company will be viable after a purchase is pretty important to know. I don't believe I requested any replies to my post. There are approximately 270 views of the thread in less than 2 hours. I am pretty sure some of those views were by people who are deciding what phone to buy. Knowing if a company one might buy a phone from is possibly fudging their sales figures could help in deciding who would remain a going concern. You say people already know the info on the site I posted reference unofficial numbers. Does that information appear on AC? Actually I'm not sure why you posted your comment. It added nothing to the discussion and could be seen as inviting hostile comments. And yes, I know you can post anything you want (within the rules of the site). Just my opinion that it wasn't helpful.

BTW, ffejjj explained succinctly why he was pursuing the S4 site and I liked his comment. So the only really negative comment in this thread seems to me to be yours.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Because I own the One and an S4.....

But you weren't one of the first to reply :) But now that you are here. If it turns out that HTC was fudging the sales figures upward (for whatever reason) would it cause you to worry about the viability of the Company?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This thread was perceived so negatively because of the subject matter. The ongoing feud between s4 owners and one owners is getting out of hand.
That being said, my personal viewpoint on this is that a companies business practices rarely has an effect on their sales if the product is a premium product.

For example, millions of people buy apple products yearly even though Steve jobs was known to be a vindictive, concept thieving, liar. Samsung still sells millions of devices after being publically exposed of paying people to smear the HTC one online. And, if true, the HTC one is still selling millions, regardless of if HTC has lied about their numbers. Its all a pointless argument. People will buy the device they want as long as they know it works and will continue to be supported.

As someone very new to the technologically aware community, it is rare that a consumer shows interest in the manufacter game of politics.

It is about as likely to find a morally correct corporation as it is to find a morally correct politician.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This thread was perceived so negatively because of the subject matter. The ongoing feud between s4 owners and one owners is getting out of hand.
That being said, my personal viewpoint on this is that a companies business practices rarely has an effect on their sales if the product is a premium product.

For example, millions of people buy apple products yearly even though Steve jobs was known to be a vindictive, concept thieving, liar. Samsung still sells millions of devices after being publically exposed of paying people to smear the HTC one online. And, if true, the HTC one is still selling millions, regardless of if HTC has lied about their numbers. Its all a pointless argument. People will buy the device they want as long as they know it works and will continue to be supported.

As someone very new to the technologically aware community, it is rare that a consumer shows interest in the manufacter game of politics.

It is about as likely to find a morally correct corporation as it is to find a morally correct politician.

Jennifer, where exactly is the negativity? People are saying that they love their phone and would buy it regardless of sales figures. I see no personal attacks, no charges of trolling. Please be specific because I honestly don't see it.

EDIT: If you are talking about Kevin's post then never mind.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
But you weren't one of the first to reply :) But now that you are here. If it turns out that HTC was fudging the sales figures upward (for whatever reason) would it cause you to worry about the viability of the Company?

Um. No. If they were announcing that they were closing its doors I would have to think long and hard. But HTC isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Infact, they are releasing a Google edition and possibly a larger HTC One into the market. So honestly, they could say that they sold 50 million units but only sold 10, I would still buy it if I liked it...but I don't like the One...I love it!

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
For example, millions of people buy apple products yearly even though Steve jobs was known to be a vindictive, concept thieving, liar.

These kind of statements are why I cover myself in holy watered blessed by Steve Jobs before reading this site on my iMac or Macbook.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Jennifer, where exactly is the negativity? People are saying that they love their phone and would buy it regardless of sales figures. I see no personal attacks, no charges of trolling. Please be specific because I honestly don't see it.

I did not accuse any one of trolling or of being negative. I said the thread has been percieved negatively. This can be proven by the first five posts of HTC ONE owners feeling the need to defend their purchase of the device, and your asking why there are HTC ONE owners in the s4 forums, although this thread is clearly about both devices. I am not charging anyone of anything, nor posting on my behalf as a moderator. I am posting strictly out of my own interest in the subject. Because, first and foremost, I am a member of this forum as well.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
These kind of statements are why I cover myself in holy watered blessed by Steve Jobs before reading this site on my iMac or Macbook.

I've seen this post before, its pretty funny. :thumbup: the apple line of products are all spectacular products, that I have been a consumer of. But doesn't mean I support the companies practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.