05-29-2013 02:22 PM
148 ... 456
tools
    I think this is pointless, there are choices out there! The HTC One and the GS4 are great devices and they appeal to different needs.

I'm still trying to determine which one is best for me. But I'm not worried about sales figures, I've never been! I choose a device based on my needs and wants, however, no device will always be 100% perfect.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2013 07:49 AM
    Lol such a full notification bar...personally I don't like more than one weather notification telling me the same info but hey each his own lol
    Lol, that's only one third of my notification bar!

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-29-2013 08:24 AM
    Now that Samsung is considered the top dog (based on sales) in the android world their fan based is starting to remind of another company's fan base. LOL They are even defending some of the foolishness Samsung has pulled.

It's unbelievable the amount of loyalty one has over a company. What do get out of Samsung selling 10, 100 Million units?
    Some important things you get from buying the most popular Android phone are product support, developers' interests, more accessories, reliable updates, etc. The APP for FitBit was rapidly updated to work with the S4 when it was introduced for example. I think every smart phone owner would hope that their phone sells in sufficient volume for developers, accessory manufactures and the manufacture itself to make it profitable to provide products and service for their phone. I see no reason whatsoever to not want your phone to out sell others. If I'm overlooking something that is a benefit of not having your phone outsell every other phone please let me know.
    05-29-2013 08:47 AM
    Is this issue about Samsung trashing its competitor's products true? I think I've heard it somewhere but I forgot..
    05-29-2013 08:58 AM
    Why all the animosity between the two phone users these are two Great phones who cares what your preferences is I have the Galaxy s4 my wife has the HTC One I have played around with both and they both have their pros and cons its all up to your preference on which one suits you at the end of the day it's a great look for Android to sell these two phones HTC One users are not the enemy and vice versa let's band together and take out these Apple iPhone geeks who stand in line for 4 hours just to wait on the iphone that has the same build and software as their last model but has added a new ringtone and a S to the end of it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    1fishermun, badbrad17 and ztyankov like this.
    05-29-2013 08:58 AM
    Both numbers are semantics BS, since are sell in numbers to their channels and not in any stretch the numbers sold to actual consumers. Easy to find both products, if the carrier or retailer is offering them.
    05-29-2013 08:59 AM
    Is this issue about Samsung trashing its competitor's products true? I think I've heard it somewhere but I forgot..
    No it's about sales numbers reported by a phone company and whether the numbers are official or not. Secondly it's about whether the accurate reporting of sales numbers might affect your buying decision. Just read the OP and it will explain the basis for this thread.
    05-29-2013 09:03 AM
    Why all the animosity between the two phone users these are two Great phones who cares what your preferences is I have the Galaxy s4 my wife has the HTC One I have played around with both and they both have their pros and cons its all up to your preference on which one suits you at the end of the day it's a great look for Android to sell these two phones HTC One users are not the enemy and vice versa let's band together and take out these Apple iPhone geeks who stand in line for 4 hours just to wait on the iphone that has the same build and software as their last model but has added a new ringtone and a S to the end of it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    Pick any two competing products, i.e. Ford/Chevy, Ping/TaylorMade, Apple/Microsoft, BudLite/Miller Lite, etc. You will find passionate supporters of each product who will trash the other side a tout the benefits of their chosen product. Why should cell phones be any different? You yourself are doing the same thing by suggesting, "...let's band together and take out these Apple iPhone geeks..." Why do you care about the battles between cell phone supporters? In this case both sides are Android phone owners and love their own choice in a smart phone..
    05-29-2013 09:14 AM
    Yes, it's a pitiful truth.
    Just google; Samsung's Dirty Tricks.
    They paid students to post fake web reviews defacing HTC.
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    05-29-2013 11:51 AM
    I've used both devices. I loved both devices for me I chose the gs4 because of battery life and external storage. Both phones are incredible, and deserving of praise. I'm very happy with my choice, and as long as Samsung is selling tens of millions of phones they'll be a target. I'm glad the one is doing well they made a great phone and so did Samsung. These phones are equally impressive, but equally different one isn't better than the other, its that one is better for you.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-29-2013 12:43 PM
    The average consumer doesn't look into those factors before purchasing a new phone. And also, as many previous posters have pointed out, not even the current owners of the HTC One care about the sales of the phone. The product is top-shelf, and rivals every other smart phone to date. If it's "the best", it doesn't matter if they've sold 5 phones or 5 million. People will catch on.
    05-29-2013 12:50 PM
    The average consumer doesn't look into those factors before purchasing a new phone. And also, as many previous posters have pointed out, not even the current owners of the HTC One care about the sales of the phone. The product is top-shelf, and rivals every other smart phone to date. If it's "the best", it doesn't matter if they've sold 5 phones or 5 million. People will catch on.
    I think you would agree, however, that the vast majority of posters and readers of the Forums here at AC are not the "average" consumers of smart phones.
    05-29-2013 01:22 PM
    They have to make themselves feel good for buying a phone for no reason other than... "it has such a pretty aluminum body"... lol
    Read the rest of the thread. Then realize what you stepped into. Then rethink your next post.
    I know exactly what I said... and I meant it. There seems to be a good number of HTC One users with [deleted by moderator]. They have this urge to go out there and "prove" to other people that they made the right choice by getting an HTC One. I'm a Samsung owner... and I hardly ever venture into the HTC One forums... but you constantly have people from the HTC One world coming into the Samsung forums to remind "Samsung users" that their phones suck in comparison to their ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HTC One's.

Just look at this thread... a post is made in a SAMSUNG forum... and a bunch of HTC One owners jump in to defend their phone. Is the HTC One forum that dead that users need to spend so much time in the Samsung forums???
    Donvald likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:26 PM
    I know exactly what I said... and I meant it. There seems to be a good number of HTC One users with "Small ***** Syndrome". They have this urge to go out there and "prove" to other people that they made the right choice by getting an HTC One. I'm a Samsung owner... and I hardly ever venture into the HTC One forums... but you constantly have people from the HTC One world coming into the Samsung forums to remind "Samsung users" that their phones suck in comparison to their ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HTC One's.

Just look at this thread... a post is made in a SAMSUNG forum... and a bunch of HTC One owners jump in to defend their phone. Is the HTC One forum that dead that users need to spend so much time in the Samsung forums???
    Problem is, when a thread title boasts the S4 and also includes a slight jab at the One, of course both parties will come in here and sink their teeth into the conversation. Personally I see no real issue with it as long as both parties stay civil.
    tohio and madlaw1071 like this.
    05-29-2013 01:29 PM
    Dude everybody on the forums is here to talk and validate their decisions with their phones and roms and carriers and help eachother I see it on every thread

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:34 PM
    And the title has HTC one in it of course we want to offer our opinions. The s4 crowd can't talk about the one if they haven't used one. The first part of the thread we were saying I don't care if HTC sold 5 phones we would still buy it cause it's a good phone, how the hell is an S4 owner going to offer their opinion on if he would buy an HTC one if it isn't selling well

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2013 01:45 PM
    Problem is, when a thread title boasts the S4 and also includes a slight jab at the One, of course both parties will come in here and sink their teeth into the conversation. Personally I see no real issue with it as long as both parties stay civil.
    Is the thread title really a jab at the HTC One? All it says is that Samsung sold 10 million Galaxy S4's... and asks how much has HTC sold of the ONE? I wouldn't mind knowing as well.

In my City... all I see are people buying Samsung Galaxy S4's... I don't see many people with HTC One's. Also the HTC One is selling for less than the Samsung... and in some cases you can get them for free with store and carrier discounts... yet I still see more Samsungs being sold.

So how many HTC One's are being sold??? I haven't seen the numbers...
    tohio likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:48 PM
    Unless you are being facetious please read the original post, especially after the part that says "I am providing this article for..." There are a multitude of posts on this site stating that the poster is trying to decide between one phone or another. Information about whether a phone company will be viable after a purchase is pretty important to know. I don't believe I requested any replies to my post. There are approximately 270 views of the thread in less than 2 hours. I am pretty sure some of those views were by people who are deciding what phone to buy. Knowing if a company one might buy a phone from is possibly fudging their sales figures could help in deciding who would remain a going concern. You say people already know the info on the site I posted reference unofficial numbers. Does that information appear on AC? Actually I'm not sure why you posted your comment. It added nothing to the discussion and could be seen as inviting hostile comments. And yes, I know you can post anything you want (within the rules of the site). Just my opinion that it wasn't helpful.

BTW, ffejjj explained succinctly why he was pursuing the S4 site and I liked his comment. So the only really negative comment in this thread seems to me to be yours.
    Tohio, you seem like an intelligent person. If your honest, pure intention was simply to post an "informative" thread to help those who are on the fence regarding the purchase of an HTC One, you would have chosen your wording of the thread title much more carefully. Would you care to at least meet me halfway on that observation?

Something like "S4, 10 million sold, HTC One???" implies "smear job" as soon as someone reads it (even if you didn't intend on it) and I don't think that would be instinctive reaction for just HTC owners alone. When I read that title and then subsequently your original post, it was obvious that you were saying this (without actually saying it) ----- "GS4 has sold 10 million units, and those numbers come from reliable/credible sources within Samsung. I can't speak the same for HTC, on the other hand, whose alleged 5 million units sold number comes from an unnamed and inherently unreliable source which screams "shadyness" from a flailing company trying to stay afloat. Ask yourself, do you really want to buy a phone from such said company?"

Now, going along with the previous assumption that you are an intelligent person, I would have to also assume that you were well aware of the implicit message you were conveying with your post based on the choice of thread title and wording you used in your message. And yet, you chose to post it anyways. This is why people are complaining that this is obviously a calculated jab at HTC One while conveniently masquerading as an "informative" post for potential buyer's. The whole innocent "I was merely providing information" argument was obviously left as clever backdoor in case anyone took offense, which you have adamantly & stubbornly diverted to non-stop since you were called on it.

C'mon man, people are not stupid and we can read between the lines. If you sincerely wanted to convey neutrality in your post, you would have chosen your words alot more wisely. So either you were just incredibly insensitive and careless, or you were taking an obvious jab at HTC. Judging by the way you had your defensive post all queued up, I'm guessing the latter.
    McSkullough likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:48 PM
    I know exactly what I said... and I meant it. There seems to be a good number of HTC One users with "Small ***** Syndrome". They have this urge to go out there and "prove" to other people that they made the right choice by getting an HTC One. I'm a Samsung owner... and I hardly ever venture into the HTC One forums... but you constantly have people from the HTC One world coming into the Samsung forums to remind "Samsung users" that their phones suck in comparison to their ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HTC One's.

Look at the subject of the thread. Very relevant to One owner's. Everything you said goes both ways.

You're more than welcome in the One section. Many of the threads are relevant to phones in general, not just the One.
    05-29-2013 01:49 PM
    Yilun808 and other HTC One owners... don't be so sensitive... there's no insult in the thread title.
    tohio likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:51 PM
    Tohio, you seem like an intelligent person. If your honest, pure intention was simply to post an "informative" thread to help those who are on the fence regarding the purchase of an HTC One, you would have chosen your wording of the thread title much more carefully. Would you care to at least meet me halfway on that observation?

Something like "S4, 10 million sold, HTC One???" implies "smear job" as soon as someone reads it (even if you didn't intend on it) and I don't think that would be instinctive reaction for just HTC owners alone. When I read that title and then subsequently your original post, it was obvious that you were saying this (without actually saying it) ----- "GS4 has sold 10 million units, and those numbers come from reliable/credible sources within Samsung. I can't speak the same for HTC, on the other hand, whose alleged 5 million units sold number comes from an unnamed and inherently unreliable source which screams "shadyness" from a flailing company trying to stay afloat. Ask yourself, do you really want to buy a phone from such said company?"

Now, going along with the previous assumption that you are an intelligent person, I would have to also assume that you were well aware of the implicit message you were conveying with your post based on the choice of thread title and wording you used in your message. And yet, you chose to post it anyways. This is why people are complaining that this is obviously a calculated jab at HTC One while conveniently masquerading as an "informative" post for potential buyer's. The whole innocent "I was merely providing information" argument was obviously left as clever backdoor in case anyone took offense, which you have adamantly & stubbornly diverted to non-stop since you were called on it.

C'mon man, people are not stupid and we can read between the lines. If you sincerely wanted to convey neutrality in your post, you would have chosen your words alot more wisely. So either you were just incredibly insensitive and careless, or you were taking an obvious jab at HTC. Judging by the way you had your defensive post all queued up, I'm guessing the latter.
    I'm just happy that you think I'm an intelligent person. Thanks.
    05-29-2013 02:07 PM
    Here's a little more clarity on HTC's financial situation and phone sales. Note the 4 million sales figure.

HTC on track to regain sales momentum: brokerage | Latest | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS
    05-29-2013 02:19 PM
    This thread has run its course. Closed.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    berdinkerdickle and txtoast like this.
    05-29-2013 02:22 PM
148 ... 456