S4, 10 million sold, HTC One ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this post before, its pretty funny. :thumbup: the apple line of products are all spectacular products, that I have been a consumer of. But doesn't mean I support the companies practices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

The whole lawsuit thing is stupid when it comes to patents. That is for a whole other topic though.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are being facetious please read the original post, especially after the part that says "I am providing this article for..." There are a multitude of posts on this site stating that the poster is trying to decide between one phone or another. Information about whether a phone company will be viable after a purchase is pretty important to know. I don't believe I requested any replies to my post. There are approximately 270 views of the thread in less than 2 hours. I am pretty sure some of those views were by people who are deciding what phone to buy. Knowing if a company one might buy a phone from is possibly fudging their sales figures could help in deciding who would remain a going concern. You say people already know the info on the site I posted reference unofficial numbers. Does that information appear on AC? Actually I'm not sure why you posted your comment. It added nothing to the discussion and could be seen as inviting hostile comments. And yes, I know you can post anything you want (within the rules of the site). Just my opinion that it wasn't helpful.

BTW, ffejjj explained succinctly why he was pursuing the S4 site and I liked his comment. So the only really negative comment in this thread seems to me to be yours.

I stand by my original comment. Those of us that have been here a while know that you're an avid Samsung defender. Nothing wrong with it. Don't get mad (and point out the fact that) HTC defenders come in here and do the same thing you're doing.

You're implying that HTC is being shady (there's that word again lol) without actually using the word shady. You're not dumb, I'm not dumb. People reading this aren't dumb. We know what's going on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I stand by my original comment. Those of us that have been here a while know that you're an avid Samsung defender. Nothing wrong with it. Don't get mad (and point out the fact that) HTC defenders come in here and do the same thing you're doing.

You're implying that HTC is being shady (there's that word again lol) without actually using the word shady. You're not dumb, I'm not dumb. People reading this aren't dumb. We know what's going on.

Kevin I stated that the official numbers might even be bigger. You did say that the information I posted was already known, does the information I posted appear on this site?

While we are on the topic: as a potential buyer of a smart phone would it be of interest to you to know that a manufacturer was possibly exaggerating their sales numbers? Especially if the manufacturer was financially troubled and having personnel defections. Wouldn't the survivability of a manufacturer of a product you wanted to buy, that may require warranty service and certainly require updates, be of interest to you? Since you describe yourself as not being dumb I feel confident in saying those issues would be of importance to you in your buying decision. My post may help one of the 406 people who have viewed this thread make a more informed buying decision.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Kevin I stated that the official numbers might even be bigger. You did say that the information I posted was already known, does the information I posted appear on this site?

While we are on the topic: as a potential buyer of a smart phone would it be of interest to you to know that a manufacturer was possibly exaggerating their sales numbers? Especially if the manufacturer was financially troubled and having personnel defections. Wouldn't the survivability of a manufacturer of a product you wanted to buy, that may require warranty service and certainly require updates, be of interest to you? Since you describe yourself as not being dumb I feel confident in saying those issues would be of importance to you in your buying decision. My post may help one of the 406 people who have viewed this thread make a more informed buying decision.

That'd be like asking if knowing the manufacturer of a device you are interested in has to resort to smear campaigns to upsale their device would effect your purchasing decision. Wouldn't that make you feel like the device was subpar and might not be a good choice compared to the competitor, if even the manufacturer feels threatened?

If a manufacturer has doubts in their product, shouldn't you?

See, we can twist words and split hairs all night.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

They would be, yes. HTC has yet to lose money. None. No red quarters. They've lost mostly marketing people correct? Maybe that's a good thing. But that's not really the subject of the post.

You're questioning the viability of a company by comparing it to a much more financially strong (and product diverse) company. Why not look at HTC in a vacuum? Why not look at their rankings in market share compared to other Android manufacturers? Still second place right? The viability of HTC is directly related to financial performance and viability in the market. No red quarters + a solid product that's selling well sounds like good news to me.

If you really wanted to "help" people looking at the One then maybe this needed to go in the One section. As it stands, it looks like nothing more than another jab at HTC and the One.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That'd be like asking if knowing the manufacturer of a device you are interested in has to resort to smear campaigns to upsale their device would effect your purchasing decision. Wouldn't that make you feel like the device was subpar and might not be a good choice compared to the competitor, if even the manufacturer feels threatened?

Jennifer, as you can see from many HTC One owners in this thread duplicitous behavior by the manufacture of their phone isn't a problem. They would buy even if the company was being less than honest about the phone sales. My question to Kevin really had nothing to do smear campaigns or moral behavior. I was asking if the viability of a company based on the factors I stated would influence his buying decision. Not sure how you equated a smear campaign with product support.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So instead of defending a defensive comment of a defensive posters defensive post that we took offense to and whether that offensive post was intended to be justifiably defensive... We just like our phones lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
And with that, I'm exiting the thread. No need to go down this road again.

You seriously suggested I post this in the HTC One Forum? Ha Ha Ha What do you think the Moderators response would be over there? I specifically posted it here to avoid that problem.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Jennifer, as you can see from many HTC One owners in this thread duplicitous behavior by the manufacture of their phone isn't a problem. They would buy even if the company was being less than honest about the phone sales. My question to Kevin really had nothing to do smear campaigns or moral behavior. I was asking if the viability of a company based on the factors I stated would influence his buying decision. Not sure how you equated a smear campaign with product support.

Yes, that is a point I made earlier in the thread. be as it may, you are correct, you didn't specifically mention morality. However, lying about their sales numbers aren't going to fix their financial problems, nor would it help keep the company afloat, as you posted in the first post that they were doing so to "stay alive." HTC isnt going anywhere anytime soon. They need reformation, yes, but they are not yet crashing. Motorola was in much worse shape and managed to stay afloat while still producing phones and offering support to their devices.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that is a point I made earlier in the thread. be as it may, you are correct, you didn't specifically mention morality. However, lying about their sales numbers aren't going to fix their financial problems, nor would it help keep the company afloat, as you posted in the first post that they were doing so to "stay alive." HTC isnt going anywhere anytime soon. They need reformation, yes, but they are not yet crashing. Motorola was in much worse shape and managed to stay afloat while still producing phones and offering support to their devices.

Well, I guess if Google bought HTC they would survive also.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I've been a mod over at TreoCentral and webOS Nation for years. We had such a sad issue with AC members trolling webOS nation. Coming over to crap on webOS users because Android Rocks, and WebOS Sucks.
I've had an Android for about 2-1/2 years. Over the years Ive poked my head in here from time to time. One thing I've noticed lately that really concerns me is the rivalry amongst android users. Please don't let yourselves get caught up in spats between manufacturers. Please don't let your phones cause strife between one another in the forums. It makes no sense.
-Berd

Jakiro201

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
LOL looks like the HTC One has got people's attention, even the S4 owners. What is the real point of this thread anyway, what is it you really want to say ?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been a mod over at TreoCentral and webOS Nation for years. We had such a sad issue with AC members trolling webOS nation. Coming over to crap on webOS users because Android Rocks, and WebOS Sucks.
I've had an Android for about 2-1/2 years. Over the years Ive poked my head in here from time to time. One thing I've noticed lately that really concerns me is the rivalry amongst android users. Please don't let yourselves get caught up in spats between manufacturers. Please don't let your phones cause strife between one another in the forums. It makes no sense.
-Berd

Not a student of human nature huh? When I was in the Army squad members would argue and fight amongst themselves. But let another squad challenge your fellow squad member and your squad would untie as one against the other squad. Platoons (made up of squads) competed against and bad mouthed the other platoons in the company but let another company challenge yours and your whole company would defend unite against the other. That behavior continued all the way up the line until it was the Army against the Navy, Air Force or Marines. But of course when war occurred we were all one military. That's the way human nature is. You and your brother (Android Users) can argue continuously but let another person (iOS users) criticize your brother and suddenly you are defending him. I'm sure you had good intentions with your post but you are tilting at windmills. Millions of years of human development and interaction will not be changed by a forum post.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You seriously suggested I post this in the HTC One Forum? Ha Ha Ha What do you think the Moderators response would be over there? I specifically posted it here to avoid that problem.

I wouldn't think you were just flame baiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.