Next 3D Launcher on S4

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
JFC people! Stumbled across this last night, watched the demo video and took advantage of the 40% off sale last night. This launcher is the real deal and makes Nova, Apex etc. look like dinosaurs. It is simply amazing with its effects, transitions, live wallpapers and widgets. Spent 2 hours playing with it with many more to come. Smooth and fluid. Even better it allows access to all touch wiz features and widgets.

Watch the video and see for yourself.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...mNvbS5ndHAubmV4dGxhdW5jaGVyIl0&token=7W4ZtuMX.

Edit: Link added

Last edited:

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
JFC peoplen! Stumbled across this last night, watched the demo video and took advantage of the 40% off sale last night. This launcher is the real deal and makes Nova, Apex etc. look like dinosaurs. It is simply amazing with its effects, transitions, live wallpapers and widgets. Spent 2 hours playing with it with many more to come. Smooth and fluid. Even better it allows access to all touch wiz features and widgets.

Watch the video and see for yourself.

Link?

windstrings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys but I'm not seeing the link or video?... Nevermind, I see it's actually called "next 3d launcher"... Humm that's a bit confusing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
10 bucks for a launcher with 40% off??!! REALLY??!! And from a Dev that is WAY TOO KNOWN for pushing ads and other of their GoCrap on you? No thanks... Yeah, it looks cool, but if GoLauncher is any indication, I won't go with this one...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To each his own but I can't see paying 10 dollars for a launcher

Posted via Android Central App
AND THAT'S WITH THE DISCOUNT!!! The only time I made that horrible mistake was when I payed for SPB 3D Shell... Thankfully they refunded me after a week...

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
To each his own but I can't see paying 10 dollars for a launcher

Posted via Android Central App

Worth every penny IMO. Performance is smoother than TouchWiz, no affect on battery life. Endless fun and WOW factor for 10 bucks is a bargain. I was in court this afternoon and saw a colleague playing with his stock s4. I showed him mine and he downloaded Next on the spot.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know there was a Lite version. Downloaded.

Give me a few hours or a day and I'll see how it compare to Nova Prime. LOL

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so thanks to bembol I saw about the Lite version (which actually turns out to be the Full Version for 36 hours) and I thought I'd give my impressions after using this launcher for two days.

1) The OP said in the first post that it allowed access to TouchWiz features and Widgets (honestly, the only reason I thought I'd give this a go). IT DOESN'T. Even in the help page of the developer it clearly states that no TouchWiz-specific widgets will be available. So unless you have an esoteric version that's not out yet, that's a no-no.

2) You also mentioned it had no impact on battery. Well, in two days with nothing changing in my usage habits other than changing launchers (I configured everything the night before, while charging, so no, I wasn't tinkering with the settings during the 'test'), the phone managed to go from eating 10% of the battery every two hours on TouchWiz to 10% in one hour on Next Lite (Full version trial active). And things are worse if I activate the Weather Widget GoLauncher makes you download. Strike two.

3) No resizeable widgets. Even TouchWiz will let you do this for supported widgets. UPDATED. Turns out you can resize widgets, there's just a little trickery involved as you can't move your finger while long-pressing or the launcher will never show you the resizing options.

4) Cool effects. REALLY cool effects. However, some of them can also be found on their free GoLauncher minus the 3D, so it's a big plus that's not really all that big.

5) Customization. Not nearly as many options as GoLauncher and a great deal of them are not free.

6)Tons of bugs. Sure, nothing is perfect, and I do agree that many updates are better than no updates at all, but these guys overdo it. Since the original post, they've released one update every day.

7) The price. 16 bucks for a launcher that looks so similar to another (SPB) is just too much. Even 9ish bucks after the 40% discount feels like a steep price for the very few extra features you don't get in other free options.

8) If I paid for this, I'd expect NO ADS. Sure, no 3rd party ads are there, but the amount of GoCrap loaded into this (shortcuts to download/buy stuff from them) is overwhelming. And the worst part is that if you want the experience you see in the videos, you HAVE to download most of them as they're not already in the launcher. You'd say 'yes, but most of them are free'... True, but those 'free' apps are loaded with ads, obstrusive ones, too...

Last edited:

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, so thanks to bembol I saw about the Lite version (which actually turns out to be the Full Version for 36 hours) and I thought I'd give my impressions after using this launcher for two days.

1) The OP said in the first post that it allowed access to TouchWiz features and Widgets (honestly, the only reason I thought I'd give this a go). IT DOESN'T. Even in the help page of the developer it clearly states that no TouchWiz-specific widgets will be available. So unless you have an esoteric version that's not out yet, that's a no-no.

2) You also mentioned it had no impact on battery. Well, in two days with nothing changing in my usage habits other than changing launchers (I configured everything the night before, while charging, so no, I wasn't tinkering with the settings during the 'test'), the phone managed to go from eating 10% of the battery every two hours on TouchWiz to 10% in one hour on Next Lite (Full version trial active). And things are worse if I activate the Weather Widget GoLauncher makes you download. Strike two.

3) No resizeable widgets. Even TouchWiz will let you do this for supported widgets.

4) Cool effects. REALLY cool effects. However, some of them can also be found on their free GoLauncher minus the 3D, so it's a big plus that's not really all that big.

5) Customization. Not nearly as many options as GoLauncher and a great deal of them are not free.

6)Tons of bugs. Sure, nothing is perfect, and I do agree that many updates are better than no updates at all, but these guys overdo it. Since the original post, they've released one update every day.

7) The price. 16 bucks for a launcher that looks so similar to another (SPB) is just too much. Even 9ish bucks after the 40% discount feels like a steep price for the very few extra features you don't get in other free options.

8) If I paid for this, I'd expect NO ADS. Sure, no 3rd party ads are there, but the amount of GoCrap loaded into this (shortcuts to download/buy stuff from them) is overwhelming. And the worst part is that if you want the experience you see in the videos, you HAVE to download most of them as they're not already in the launcher. You'd say 'yes, but most of them are free'... True, but those 'free' apps are loaded with ads, obstrusive ones, too...

Sounds like you used a different app or version. I most definitely have ALL touchwiz widgets AND they are resizable along with all the other ones. ZERO impact on battery and I have all the 3d effects active including the lock screen. Maybe because I paid, I dont have the ads, just a folder with HOT stuff to try out from Go/Next. I absolutely LOVE this launcher and at 9.99 it's a screaming bargain. I would pay double knowing what I know now and the WOW I get from people.

To each his own but I wouldve paid for the full version instead of basing on opinion on the lite version.

EDIT: The Touchwiz widgets are located in a Tab called System Widgets, next to the included Widgets. They're all there.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
3) No resizeable widgets. Even TouchWiz will let you do this for supported widgets.

All widgets and icons are definitely resizable.
Resize widget by holding down on widget until you get the arrows.
Resize icons at Personality>Icon Editor>Change number in the top right area to reduce or increase the icon size

2) You also mentioned it had no impact on battery. Well, in two days with nothing changing in my usage habits other than changing launchers (I configured everything the night before, while charging, so no, I wasn't tinkering with the settings during the 'test'), the phone managed to go from eating 10% of the battery every two hours on TouchWiz to 10% in one hour on Next Lite (Full version trial active). And things are worse if I activate the Weather Widget GoLauncher makes you download. Strike two

I have seen a slight increase in the battery usage with this launcher, but not by all that much. But I do not use the Next Weather Widget.

It's the only launcher besides Nova that I plan to keep (and I've tried a lot of them). I actually like it better than Nova (and Nova has always been my favorite launcher until now).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys, but the Lite version is supposed to have a Full version trial for 36 hours... That trial is meant to give you an idea if you want to pay for this or not and it SHOULD be the full experience, and enough for someone to give an opinion.

The system widgets DO NOT have all TouchWiz options, you can look for S-Calendar ones and you won't find them. You can look for the Accuweather widget and it's not there either. I'm sorry, but I'd have to ask for a screenshot here if you do have them in your phones.

As for the icons, I never tried resizing them, but it's nice to know you can. I still haven't been able to resize widgets no matter how long I keep pressing; just the trashcan bar on top after long press.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys, but the Lite version is supposed to have a Full version trial for 36 hours... That trial is meant to give you an idea if you want to pay for this or not and it SHOULD be the full experience, and enough for someone to give an opinion.
As for the icons, I never tried resizing them, but it's nice to know you can. I still haven't been able to resize widgets no matter how long I keep pressing; just the trashcan bar on top after long press.

See below pic of resizing option for weather widget (just move the arrows to resize; hit check mark when done):

Screenshot_2013-05-31-22-16-52_zps29aaae43.png

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I tried a bunch of launchers apex nova spb and next is probably the most exciting and fastest I ever used.Also looks fantastic

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Allright, apparently my 'mistake' had been that when I long-pressed, I moved the widget two micrometers (OK, I exaggerate, but I moved it). If you move it the tiniest bit, the launcher will want to delete it or move around, not resize (which is not that intuitive, but OK). I had to long-press and not move, then relese... and voil?! I got the resizing arrows at last! So I'll cross that off my initial impressions.

Thanks! (BTW I still have the same concern about battery consumption and not being able to access many TouchWiz widgets, especially the S-Planner which I really used a lot)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12