I've had my VZW S4 for five days now, and I'm getting a (what appears to be) spontaneous typing bug. Every so often, the phone will start throwing in phantom key strokes, and whatever I'm typing turns into a string of gibberish. I think it has something to do with the Air View sensor as, when the bug is happening and I wave my finger over the keyboard, the phone picks up keystrokes in the path of my finger. I've tried shutting Air View off and it still happens.

It doesn't seem to be app specific. I've seen it SMS, Chrome, Google Now and Talk. I've also had it happen on the stock keyboard, Swype and Swiftkey, so I don't think I'm pretty sure it's not keyboard specific. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to force the bug to happen, so other than my stab at Air View, I'm stumped. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
    05-28-2013 09:41 AM
    Have you cranked up the screen sensitivity? There's an option for this so you can use the phone while wearing gloves. The problem is that when you're not wearing them, the heightened sensitivity can lead to 'false' touch points triggered by mere finger proximity.
    05-28-2013 10:54 AM
    High touch sensitivity isn't turned on.

I haven't been able to find anyone else having the problem, so I'm thinking it's a hardware issue.
    05-28-2013 12:43 PM
    Talked to Verizon tech support. They said they've had one other person report the issue, but there's no known fix. They tried to get me to go through Samsung, but I'm still within the 14 day return window, so I'm just going to exchange it for another handset.
    05-29-2013 01:52 PM
    Switched it out at the VZW store last night without any problems. Haven't had any issues with the new handset.
    05-30-2013 09:37 AM