Flip to mute - how is it supposed to work?

jsibley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If an s4 is already flipped over, is it supposed to be on mute (e.g., won't ring), or is the functionality supposed to be only when a call comes in and one flips the phone to mute that call?

I thought I had read that when the phone is already flipped over, it will be on mute, but that isn't working (calls will ring). So, either I misunderstood, whomever I read misunderstood, or it's not working on my phone.

Thanks for any help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to activate the option in the Motion Gestures section. And yeah, it'll mute your call when your phone is ringing and I believe it even extends to Media Player when you have something playing in the background.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
it won't be on mute if phone is already flipped.... the function is to mute the call or sound when you receive it and flip it down, not htat it will be muted whenever you have it facing down...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
it won't be on mute if phone is already flipped.... the function is to mute the call or sound when you receive it and flip it down, not htat it will be muted whenever you have it facing down...
Good point... this is a gesture-based well, gesture haha it won't work unless you move it... so like Rick says, if the phone's already flipped, it'll continue to ring unless you turn it around and then flip it over again.

Ruester77

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
How do you turn this feature off????

My phone keeps getting muted randomly and I suspect this feature is why.... I miss calls, and alarms and it's very annoying

Elizabeth Grace

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I freekin hate that you cannot completely disable this feature! I am digging in my bag for my phone and it mutes itself every dang time^$$##@%&(%#!!!
If anyone figures it out, please for the love of all that is holly, let us know!!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz